JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #46 of 1,149
At the jh13 dial for the bass is there much to be gained? These do seem to be versatile but I have a feeling if I owned them I'll end up having it on a similar bass level as the jh13 so not sure if it's worth it for me.

There are subtle differences with the 13 and Roxys. One I notice is the Roxy has a bigger soundstage and more control of the imaging

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #47 of 1,149
At the jh13 dial for the bass is there much to be gained? These do seem to be versatile but I have a feeling if I owned them I'll end up having it on a similar bass level as the jh13 so not sure if it's worth it for me.

There are subtle differences with the 13 and Roxys. One I notice is the Roxy has a bigger soundstage and more control of the imaging

Which should pretty much due to the increased response between 15-20 kHz. And if JH attenuated the 10 kHz response, that would pretty much be perfection (imo).

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #48 of 1,149
As you may be correct , what I cannot understand is how you can be so sure of what freq will make the change in sound you wish for. When I play audio cd,s setup for vocals chimes, brass etc , it is very different from what I imagine the changes to be .

Al

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #49 of 1,149
As you may be correct , what I cannot understand is how you can be so sure of what freq will make the change in sound you wish for. When I play audio cd,s setup for vocals chimes, brass etc , it is very different from what I imagine the changes to be .

Al

Well it's quite simple in this case, extreme high frequencies are the first to get absorbed by everything in your surroundings because they don't travel well through anything except air. So the more of these frequencies you hear, the more positional cues your brain interprets. Try for yourself with an EQ, raise everything 16K and up.

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #52 of 1,149
A little universal demo Roxanne's in comparison to the FitEar MH335DW (live notes, not in any particular priority or order) :-

• Rox has a more front row seat whilst the MH335DW is more like a quite a few rows back
  • Vocals on the Rox are prominent as though the artist is singing right in front of you

• This kind of vocals are not for me I guess.. it reminds me of the sm3 and shure 535.. the Jh13 FP's vocals is kind of enough already.. i think i'm going back to the EX1000 type of presentation..

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #53 of 1,149
This kind of vocals are not for me I guess.. it reminds me of the sm3 and shure 535.. the Jh13 FP's vocals is kind of enough already.. i think i'm going back to the EX1000 type of presentation..
I've spent a lot of time with the Rox this week & will sadly have to send it to Currawong tonight.

Honestly I could live with either the Rox or the 335. By the end of the week, I really couldn't conclude which I'd prefer. Both needed getting use to instead of an immediate appreciation - whether it was earphone burn-in or brain burn-in, maybe a little of both.

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #55 of 1,149
Can you take a pic with you wearing the universal Roxanne's? I want to compare how much they stick out compared to the 1plus2s.

Thanks

Rox :-

Tralucent :-

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #57 of 1,149
I seem to be the odd man out experiencing what sounds like a bump at 7 kHz. It makes most recordings from the 90s punishing to hear. Adding a 75 ohm resistor adapter to the signal fixes the problem. I'm not yet sure if doing so compromises the sound otherwise.

But these really are significantly more resolving than anything I've previously spent time listening to.

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #58 of 1,149
I seem to be the odd man out experiencing what sounds like a bump at 7 kHz. It makes most recordings from the 90s punishing to hear. Adding a 75 ohm resistor adapter to the signal fixes the problem. I'm not yet sure if doing so compromises the sound otherwise.

But these really are significantly more resolving than anything I've previously spent time listening to.

I ordered the Roxanne, so I am very interested in your comments. Please forgive my ignorance. But can you please explain "bump" and "pushing to hear" alittle further. How exactly do you come about adding a resistor to resolve the issue? What exactly do you think the problem is and/or where does it originate? Could it have always been there and Roxanne just makes it obvious?

Thanks

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #59 of 1,149
Those are good questions , that have very complicated answers that will start yet another long debate. I would wait to get the CIEM,S and keep reading on here. And if the sound is not completely to you liking just use your EQ to fixit. But keep this in mind different songs will just sound different and there is no one setting for all music . And this means no one IEM,S. To make all music sound great. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back