JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV
Dec 22, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #271 of 1,931
if you don't buy it for the signature, but for the prestige, then you're an idiot with too much money.  truth hurts.

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #274 of 1,931
Dec 23, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #275 of 1,931
I can't speak for others but my decision to buy the Rox was based on the following:

1. I like the bass of my JH16pro but want more refinement to the sound 
2. Wanted the best that JHaudio had to offer ( in which Jerry himself said in a few occasion that it was the flagship of the series)
3. Based on Jude's video review ( which I find quite bias) -The mids are too recessed to be given such high praise.

Bottom line is if Jerry was upfront about ROX not being a flagship and/or something else better was in the pipeline and expect to be released in 12 months then I would of not had bought the ROX or at less have second thoughts. And if he stated the eta for a new set of CF ROX was 4-6 months wait I would not have bought it.

To be honest, throughout the past 12 months of regrets after regrets I have nothing good to say about JHA or ROX.

I am not saying ROX is crap but not what alot have been highly praising about...

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #276 of 1,931

Yeah, I think I'll take up your advice on this, Warren. I need to clear my head a little, and look at things from a broader perspective.

Anyway, on a more positive note, I am eagerly looking forward to auditioning the Layla. This is going to be one exciting start to 2015.

Seems to be the only logical thing we can do.  
redface.gif
  I think 2015 is going to be a pretty exciting year overall for our hobby.  Between what I've heard in the Layla so far, as well as the announcement of Audeze's new EL-8, you're right, we're off to a great start.  
smile.gif

Dec 23, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #278 of 1,931
Guys, a certain number of people feel displeased with JH's current strategy. If you disagree you can express it, but unless you actually purchased the Roxanne and went through the whole waiting process, there is little you can understand about this.

Besides, jealous / bitter / bored people who cannot afford any of these and jump at the opportunity to take a jab at people who can are just sad. People with money did not steal it, and how they spend it is for no one to judge. If I want to buy three pairs of Laylas and wear them as earnings it is my problem.

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #280 of 1,931
Guys, a certain number of people feel displeased with JH's current strategy. If you disagree you can express it, but unless you actually purchased the Roxanne and went through the whole waiting process, there is little you can understand about this.

Besides, jealous / bitter / bored people who cannot afford any of these and jump at the opportunity to take a jab at people who can are just sad. People with money did not steal it, and how they spend it is for no one to judge. If I want to buy three pairs of Laylas and wear them as earnings it is my problem.

You miss the point. It's ok to have money, it's ok to spend it on whatever.

People are crying because Layla came out while it's clearly something DIFFERENT from Roxanne, as flat as possible, different sound sig (unless everyone who heard it lies). Point is that people seem not to care about sound at all, just to have the flagship, regardless of sound.
If they cared for flat sound they wouldn't go for Roxanne at the first place, right? So how is it possible suddenly so many Roxanne owners changed sound preference over night with launch of the new Layla? They all like flat sound now and week ago Roxanne was fine?

It's the race of consumers to have most expensive and the one called "flagship" rather than searching for sound they like, and it's their choice (I agree, everyone can do whatever they want), which ruins this hobby, kind of, and is the source of very bad biased reviews of products.  

Layla is different from Roxanne (again, maybe everyone lies :) and Roxanne owners couldn't just change their sound liking to dead flat over night, so they only feel damaged because of their ego, they don't have "flagship" anymore and the most expensive from JH audio.

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #281 of 1,931
You miss the point. It's ok to have money, it's ok to spend it on whatever.

People are crying because Layla came out while it's clearly something DIFFERENT from Roxanne, as flat as possible, different sound sig (unless everyone who heard it lies). Point is that people seem not to care about sound at all, just to have the flagship, regardless of sound.
If they cared for flat sound they wouldn't go for Roxanne at the first place, right? So how is it possible suddenly so many Roxanne owners changed sound preference over night with launch of the new Layla? They all like flat sound now and week ago Roxanne was fine?

It's the race of consumers to have most expensive and the one called "flagship" rather than searching for sound they like, and it's their choice (I agree, everyone can do whatever they want), which ruins this hobby, kind of, and is the source of very bad biased reviews of products.  

Layla is different from Roxanne (again, maybe everyone lies :) and Roxanne owners couldn't just change their sound liking to dead flat over night, so they only feel damaged because of their ego, they don't have "flagship" anymore and the most expensive from JH audio.

Actually YOU are missing the point. The Roxanne was never sold as being colored to begin with. JH perfectly knew that if he had said : the Roxannes are the first in the series, with a specific non-flat tuning for Rock and then we will put out a flatter, more technically proficient flagship, which can be made more musical by tuning up the bass, and will thus be more versatile, much fewer people would have bought the Roxanne.

So I do not care about owning "the flagship", as I own 6 IEMs all with different flavors. I just care that JH lied to get my money. And all of this after having had a terrible customer experience on the Roxannes.

And I care that they are partnering with AK and thus adopting their greedy pricing strategy aka "let's see how much they are willing to pay."

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #284 of 1,931
Actually YOU are missing the point. The Roxanne was never sold as being colored to begin with. JH perfectly knew that if he had said : the Roxannes are the first in the series, with a specific non-flat tuning for Rock and then we will put out a flatter, more technically proficient flagship, which can be made more musical by tuning up the bass, and will thus be more versatile, much fewer people would have bought the Roxanne.

So I do not care about owning "the flagship", as I own 6 IEMs all with different flavors. I just care that JH lied to get my money. And all of this after having had a terrible customer experience on the Roxannes.

And I care that they are partnering with AK and thus adopting their greedy pricing strategy aka "let's see how much they are willing to pay."

I don't think he ever claimed it to be dead neutral and an odd assumption with a history of bass enhanced and bass control. Just low distortion, extended and adjustable. He's always bumped the treble on his bass heavy phones to accommodate the extra weight.
 The pricing is similar to non adjustable flagships from other makers. Don't get me wrong. You don't need to agree or like a product any product but buying before a listen isn't on the maker. It's also possible the JH actually likes AK, Jerry was personally using an AK120 before their association. I know I like them and not because they are the absolute best sounding. They are, for me and likely JH, the overall best package and at that end of the market, pricing becomes very relative. If one's looking for bargains get a DX90 or used AK100 MK2 with JH5, 1964 V3,  Noble 4a etc.Or JH13s like I did. I never understood price complaints when already choosing to participate in the premium priced end of the market. Impulse buys often come with remorse but aren't a maker's fault. They could be the best thing on Earth and not everybody would like them. I'd never buy without a listen and when I did listen to the Rox and K10, I didn't feel the need to change. Others did. Viva la difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back