JH Audio JH5pro thread
Nov 20, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #1,186 of 1,217

I am a big fan of The Island - All my JH Audio headphones match well with it.

Good to know! I experienced The Island at my friend's house and liked the result. I intend to buy it in the future.

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #1,187 of 1,217

Wow!  I agree 100%.  I will just add that JH5 is a bit rawer sounding (less refined)...I agree about the 2D factor above versus 3+ driver IEM's....but also JH5 is a more fun sound.  Really punchy bigger bass and a bit brighter.  W4 more laid back and smoother.  If I could only have one I would take the JH5.

The cable of JH5 makes the sound of him being more aggressive and cold in my opinion. With cable Effect Audio Ares he was more euphonic and won a little more soundstage.

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #1,188 of 1,217
  you found the westone 4 to have less soundstage than jh5? that was 1 of 2 areas I find the westone 4/4r/w40 to excel over the jh5 is soundstage size, holographic imaging, as well as westones also having a little thicker lush note's in the mids. The only fault I have found on the jh5 is the soundstage and imaging, where it can come off as a little more 2d than the higher end jh models and westone's. Not to say the jh5 is bad in that regard, but I think that the westone 4 is exceptionally good- almost completely closing the gap one the angies for soundstage and imaging... almost...

This but the westone is more of a tuned in character as opposed to versatile in perspective. It really doesn't have much prat.

Feb 28, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #1,190 of 1,217
Here's only one way it can be done. Buy a westone w40 to compliment.

Feb 28, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #1,191 of 1,217
Hi guys
Does anyone realize in JH5 there is a mid bump response at 500 -700hz?
The vocal sounds like cupping your hands around your mouth. (Hongky sound)
How can i reduce the mid bump on jh5?

Buy a better cable. I bought the Audio Effect Ares cable and it worked. (Review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/effect-audio-occ-pure-copper-ares/reviews/12420 )

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,193 of 1,217
Is it true Vitor?
i just try to reduce the mid bump with lowering the mid (1K) equalizer to -8db and viola it works hahaha..
But its better if i can get normal eq with no mid bumps

Yes, it is true.

I also tested the Westone cables and improves the sound.

The cable stock of JH5 makes the sound is sterile, lifeless. With the cables I mentioned, it changes completely to me.

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #1,194 of 1,217
Yes, it is true.

I also tested the Westone cables and improves the sound.

The cable stock of JH5 makes the sound is sterile, lifeless. With the cables I mentioned, it changes completely to me.

thanks for your info vitor
i think i'll order one for my jh5 and one for my se215spe
But if there're any other suggestions are welcome
thanks man.

Mar 19, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #1,197 of 1,217
Hi guys,
I've had my JH pro 5 for around 6 months. Also I had lotoo paw 5K which has balanced 2.5 mm out.
My question is, is it possible to buy balanced cable with JH5 pin so I can try balanced output on my lotoo?
I heard that balanced vs single ended has a quite big margin.

Thanks

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #1,198 of 1,217
  Hi guys,
I've had my JH pro 5 for around 6 months. Also I had lotoo paw 5K which has balanced 2.5 mm out.
My question is, is it possible to buy balanced cable with JH5 pin so I can try balanced output on my lotoo?

Thanks

I also have an interest in knowing about it!

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #1,199 of 1,217
Hi guys,

Thanks

Yes, im doing this now: im using a 2.5mm balanced 2-pin connector for my JH-5s connected to AK 120ii and ALO CDM. Sound is very good and competes with my Angies.

CJ

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #1,200 of 1,217

Buy a better cable. I bought the Audio Effect Ares cable and it worked. (Review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/effect-audio-occ-pure-copper-ares/reviews/12420 )

Dear Vitor,
may i know your reason,
why you choose the Ares Cable than The Thor Cable?
(sorry for asking, cause both of them have the same price, so i think its fair to compare them hehee)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back