JH Audio JH5pro thread
Nov 24, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #1,066 of 1,217
  Between the JH5 customs and Noble 4 universal. Which one would you guys choose? They cost about the same in my country through the various retailers and I'm looking to upgrade from my Gr07 now

Depends on your preferences. Those have different sounds.

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #1,068 of 1,217
About the delay in opening the package that many are complaining (Watch the video below), sorry about that. Unfortunately I had technical problems to open this ******* package.

Changing the subject, recently bought the cable Ares made by Effect Audio for JH5 in order to make the mids most warm and the trebles more bright. He came to me is about two weeks and done what I wanted and more! The bass won more texture, increased the sound stage, the sound in general gained more definition.

Quote:
  Unboxing JH5

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #1,069 of 1,217
Apr 7, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #1,070 of 1,217
I discovered that the cable stock Westone plays better than the cable stock of JH Audio. The cable JH Audio has a thinner bass, the cable leaves more aggressive sound. While the cable Westone bass has more expansion and treble and mid treble is more rounded say. The JH5 to my ears with Westone cable became more musical.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #1,071 of 1,217
Hello, please pardon my intrusion into this thread, and I hope this question doesn't come across as absurd to you guys.

I have a question regarding the JH5's SQ in comparison to a most likely (or hopefully) inferior IEM, the Xiaomi Pistons (2).
If this sounds like comparing beef jerky to filet mignon, then I'm in a good place! If this is in reality more like comparing roast beef to smoked turkey... then that's what I want to clarify.
You see, for years I had skullcandy ink'd's as my main IEM, which isn't really a very accurate way to listen to music. But at some point last year, research made clear that there were bigger fish in the sea, and further study brought the wonderful Pistons to my attention. They were such a large step up from the skullcandies that I could near had a heart attack. I could hardly believe SQ like that existed. 
So when I found out about custom IEMs, curiosity was greatly peaked. Yet many of them are far out of my price range. Most of them, in fact. But not necessarily the JH5s. They are somewhere, if barely, in the field of potential prices I can consider. That leaves this user here with the question:

How good are the JH5's in comparison to the Xiaomi Pistons? Is the difference as grand as I could idealistically imagine? Or is it something less drastic?

Or alternatively: Is there a CIEM in that $400 range that happens to be better than the JH5s?

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #1,073 of 1,217
  I'm currently using jh5, and planning to upgrade the stock cable to whiplash twag-twcu hybrid cable.
Has anyone tried this cable for jh5?

What results you crave with the change of the cable? You want to improve what the sound? I do not know about the cable in question, but I know Effect Audio Ares, and worked very well for me.

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #1,075 of 1,217

What results you crave with the change of the cable? You want to improve what the sound? I do not know about the cable in question, but I know Effect Audio Ares, and worked very well for me.

Twag cable creates a great change.  Much more treble detail and resolution.  JH5 is already pretty bassy so its a nice compliment.

just received my twag+twcu hybrid cable and it sounds great, it adds more treble extension and resolution, though it's a bit heavy since it's 8 braid

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #1,076 of 1,217

just received my twag+twcu hybrid cable and it sounds great, it adds more treble extension and resolution, though it's a bit heavy since it's 8 braid

I prefer 4 braids exactly because of the weight. I like comfort when I walk in the street with JH5. In this aspect I have nothing to complain about the Effect Audio Ares, it is very light.

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #1,077 of 1,217
Another pictures of my JH5

Album on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/58434342@N06/sets/72157644351221820/

May 3, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #1,079 of 1,217
  Dude nice photos!!!!

Thanks for the compliment.
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #1,080 of 1,217
  Hello, please pardon my intrusion into this thread, and I hope this question doesn't come across as absurd to you guys.

I have a question regarding the JH5's SQ in comparison to a most likely (or hopefully) inferior IEM, the Xiaomi Pistons (2).
If this sounds like comparing beef jerky to filet mignon, then I'm in a good place! If this is in reality more like comparing roast beef to smoked turkey... then that's what I want to clarify.
You see, for years I had skullcandy ink'd's as my main IEM, which isn't really a very accurate way to listen to music. But at some point last year, research made clear that there were bigger fish in the sea, and further study brought the wonderful Pistons to my attention. They were such a large step up from the skullcandies that I could near had a heart attack. I could hardly believe SQ like that existed. 
So when I found out about custom IEMs, curiosity was greatly peaked. Yet many of them are far out of my price range. Most of them, in fact. But not necessarily the JH5s. They are somewhere, if barely, in the field of potential prices I can consider. That leaves this user here with the question:

How good are the JH5's in comparison to the Xiaomi Pistons? Is the difference as grand as I could idealistically imagine? Or is it something less drastic?

Or alternatively: Is there a CIEM in that $400 range that happens to be better than the JH5s?

This is a very interesting question and I'd love to answer it. I've had a JH5 for about 4 years, and only recently heard the pistons. I'm not sure about the others, but I usually ignore universals unless something cool pops up. By cool I mean like Dita Audio or Shure 846 kinda territory. So when I listened to the Pistons for the first time, I was shocked. I'm like wow, how can such a cheap earphone sound SO good? It was no JH5 but completely enjoyable in its own right. In comparison, I'd say the Pistons is like good roast beef and JH5 is the perfectly cooked filet mignon. Skullcandies are the jerky. To me there's no drastic difference except the JH5's lovely sound signature. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back