JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Apr 11, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #361 of 3,787
I dont trust the magnetic lock on the carbon case for my JH13 to go portable, so this case only stays home for me. But the Otterbox is wonderful for that, but it dosen´t fit an amp or source as the carbon case. Yeah im happy with my color choice for my JH13, going clear with my JH16
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #362 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The westone clamshell case works really well for "on the go". Fits my jh13s + griffin smartalk cable no problem.

Will check that out, Cheers grawk, i am a sucker for this type of stuff anyway
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont trust the magnetic lock on the carbon case for my JH13 to go portable, so this case only stays home for me. But the Otterbox is wonderful for that, but it dosen´t fit an amp or source as the carbon case. Yeah im happy with my color choice for my JH13, going clear with my JH16
smily_headphones1.gif

That confirms it for me then, i will keep the carbon snug at home ; )
As long as the otter box protects the little gems then that will be okay, dap and potential amp can have it's own separate case.

Are you intrigued then what your 16's will sound like in comparison to your 13's when you get them?
At least you already have a pair of pros, i am still waiting to get my first pair! lol

Will be demoing the 13 & 16's when i go for my impression sitting soon end of April.

Apr 11, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #363 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The westone clamshell case works really well for "on the go". Fits my jh13s + griffin smartalk cable no problem.

That's what I am planning on using. Although it'll be a constant reminder of my lost/stolen ES2's...

Apr 11, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #364 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ill say i just went and checked out this song on my JH-13's. Ive heard it quite a few times but admitedly never through a high quality reproduction system. The bass on that song is nothing short of staggering, and yet, on flat EQ out of my iPod into balanced protector amp into my jh-13s, it never even flinched, rode the waves of bass provided with aplomb, i can only imagine what the jh16's wouldve done. Thanks for the bass demo track suggestion
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: i think that ruiner actually has a better bassline test than even closer, the whole album is pretty stellar though.

Your very welcome and thanks for letting me now how amazing it sounds on your JH13's. The Ruiner definitely has an phenomenal bassline, but I still think Closer is much more difficult to get just right. The album in general is a great test for a high quality reproduction system.

Another favorite song I use to measure the quality of a system's low-end performance is Radiohead's Like Spinning Plates, one of my favorite songs. Try it out if you get a chance.

Wasn't there a thread on recommended music for the JH13's?

Apr 11, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #365 of 3,787
So the small otterbox can't fit anything but the IEM's. What about the large otterbox? Is that similar in size to the carbon fiber box? I like the idea of putting my entire portable rig in one hard case.

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #366 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your very welcome and thanks for letting me now how amazing it sounds on your JH13's. The Ruiner definitely has an phenomenal bassline, but I still think Closer is much more difficult to get just right. The album in general is a great test for a high quality reproduction system.

Another favorite song I use to measure the quality of a system's low-end performance is Radiohead's Like Spinning Plates, one of my favorite songs. Try it out if you get a chance.

Wasn't there a thread on recommended music for the JH13's?

If only the blu Ray had a PCM 2.0 track available...I bet the bass would be mixed hotter since it's a movie and a live show too

Apr 11, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #367 of 3,787
JH16s and TWag ordered! Impressions arrived in FL on Friday
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #368 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindyCityCy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH16s and TWag ordered! Impressions arrived in FL on Friday
ksc75smile.gif

They received my impressions on Friday too. I guess the race is on to see who gets their JH16's first. lol
beerchug.gif
I hope our wait isn't that long

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #369 of 3,787
I ordered mine Wednesday I think it was. They've had my impressions since January though. Long story.

What colors did you guys get? I'm still undecided, as they can't do what I really really really would like
frown.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #370 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered mine Wednesday I think it was. They've had my impressions since January though. Long story.

What colors did you guys get? I'm still undecided, as they can't do what I really really really would like
frown.gif

What is it you are wanting to do with yours?

I decided on white shells with black faceplate with artwork.

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #372 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif

I'm still debating between 3 different shell/face combos. I'll post as soon as I pick the winner. Picking a color combo is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be!! lol

Apr 12, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #373 of 3,787
grawk, very nice. I love that color. Might have to go with that myself. How are your cables holding up oxidation-wise?

Well I wanted to make mine transparent black, but I'm not a fan of the smokey look. I wanted a very dark transparent where the shells would be almost black, but they no longer offer it.

So I'm trying to think of something that will keep me happy.

Apr 12, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #374 of 3,787
Grawk those are beautiful, that is the color I was looking at only transparent, i love it. Congratulations!
Can't wait until I am ready to order too. Went thru a lot of purchases on the hobby in the last year and a half so I have been waiting and counting duckets for the last two months, hopefully order soon, I have already had to cancel the impression appt once cause too short.

Apr 12, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #375 of 3,787
I ordered 1 red eye red translucent and the other black eye blue translucent ... both with solid deadwood faceplates and custom art. Will definitely post pics when they're done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back