JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Apr 13, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #391 of 3,787
I know you guys have seen these before but this time they shot with the help of the Nikon R1C1 Speedlight kit for my D5000. So, these pix are greatly improved over the previous ones, especially when highlighting the intricacies of the internal circuitry and driver placement. Enjoy!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #392 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very nice.

Just a warning, my clear 18" cable is already greening after a month. if this bothers you, you should get black...(doesn't bother me).

Man, where do you keep your player? 18" really feels short to me!!

Apr 13, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #395 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
probably meant 48 im guessing

He could've really meant 18". JH Audio does offer a 18" replacement cable.

Apr 13, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #396 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do people keep their long cords from tangling up?

Underwear
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #398 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant 18. I use a smarttalk cable with it.

Wow, that's interesting to me. Some people switch immediately to the TWAG cable because it's apparently so much better than the original one. And you actually put a smarttalk cable between the JH16's and the source.

How's that for quality?

Apr 14, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #399 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by zurdyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that's interesting to me. Some people switch immediately to the TWAG cable because it's apparently so much better than the original one. And you actually put a smarttalk cable between the JH16's and the source.

How's that for quality?

I would imagine it wouldn't sound any different as they're both pretty standard copper cables. Now if you could rewire a TWag to have a microphone I'd be all over that

Apr 14, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #400 of 3,787
Hi,

im considering to buy JH16 Pro but i primary listen to progressive rock, jazz and classical music.

cause im worry about classical music and JH16 Pro´s bass emphasis?

Im thinking it will be OK with jazz and prog rock
k701smile.gif

Any feedback?
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks

Apr 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #401 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by LintHart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would imagine it wouldn't sound any different as they're both pretty standard copper cables. Now if you could rewire a TWag to have a microphone I'd be all over that

I love my iPhone, but compared to an amped iMod it simply doesn't do the JH16s justice. The sound signature is veiled and the sound stage narrows considerably. I'm not saying it's not enjoyable, but after one A/B test I personally have never used them with the iPhone again. It would be more convenient, yes, but at the cost of significant SQ degradation.

Craig would be the best guy to answer this, but I personally think any mic/control unit combo inserted into the TWag signal path would negate the continuity of the high-purity cable, thus defeat the purpose of using it.

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #402 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

im considering to buy JH16 Pro but i primary listen to progressive rock, jazz and classical music.

cause im worry about classical music and JH16 Pro´s bass emphasis?

Im thinking it will be OK with jazz and prog rock
k701smile.gif

Any feedback?
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks

Jazz and Progressive Rock, absolutely.

Classical, not so sure. For new age and other more balanced recordings where the extra bass emphasis is not welcome, I'm in the process of ordering a pair of JH13 Pros as well.

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #403 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by warp08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Classical, not so sure. For new age and other more balanced recordings where the extra bass emphasis is not welcome, I'm in the process of ordering a pair of JH13 Pros as well.

Interesting. You really think it would make that much of a difference to warrant owning both? I was under the impression that it wouldn't.

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #404 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by warp08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

New Age and others?try specified if you can..
confused.gif

I think: Mozart, Bach etc. all in audiophile quality....
tongue.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #405 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. You really think it would make that much of a difference to warrant owning both? I was under the impression that it wouldn't.

Honestly, I don't. The incentive for me was how perfectly the JH16 Pros came out from my first mold and also want to do some more experimentation on how going balanced with the Protector affects both products. It's definitely an overkill to some extent.

I can justify it because I have no home rig and not planning to invest in one either. Most of the time I'm working or traveling so I need my music to travel with me. I can't think of two other customs than these to provide that enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back