JH Audio JH-3A
Feb 5, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #2,011 of 2,681
Quote:

especially when they are aiming this setup at Pro musicians.    imagine...Sorry lady gaga, your JH3A will take a few weeks to fix while we wait for the chinese new year..... yeah right...

I don't believe that the JH-3A is aimed at professional musicians. it's excessively large and complicated for the purpose. I think that this product follows naturally from Jerry Harvey's initial surprise that so many people on here were amplifying the JH13s and JH16s. He didn't think that it was necessary (and, as I remember, actually recommended staying with more subtle amps like the Pico Slim that wouldn't add significantly to the bass). However once he realised that the Head-Fi/audiophile market was routinely going to spend big money on portable amps, he decided to address that market with a product that he felt would actually be worth the extra expense. A worthy goal realy...

Feb 5, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #2,012 of 2,681
I have been lurking on and off on this thread for the last several months, as I have been keenly interested in taking the plunge on the JH-16/3As for a while, and there has been a lot of great info on here! Thanks guys!

Unfortunately, I didn't read the last few pages until yesterday AFTER I placed my order for the combo. Maybe it was the 'Shipping Winter 2010' part that threw me off and made me think they were finally available... I should have checked here first! Anyways, I spoke with Jaime on Friday after receiving an email about my cable selection being switched to 'clear'... Looks like they are still anticipating 2nd-3rd week of February. My order # is 2587... Not sure where that places me in the queue...

Anywho, I noticed that they updated their website later that day with 'Shipping in February' :\

Collective angst / anticipation +1.

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #2,013 of 2,681

Quote:
I don't believe that the JH-3A is aimed at professional musicians. it's excessively large and complicated for the purpose. I think that this product follows naturally from Jerry Harvey's initial surprise that so many people on here were amplifying the JH13s and JH16s. He didn't think that it was necessary (and, as I remember, actually recommended staying with more subtle amps like the Pico Slim that wouldn't add significantly to the bass). However once he realised that the Head-Fi/audiophile market was routinely going to spend big money on portable amps, he decided to address that market with a product that he felt would actually be worth the extra expense. A worthy goal realy...

i could have sworn i heard jerry say ..maybe in an interview, that this thing is aimed at pro drummers, keyboardists, and audiophiles....maybe i was hallucinating...

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #2,016 of 2,681
Ok. I'm not sure that you're hallucinating. He can make claim to try for that less mobile pro market. Still, marketing speak and practical application are two different things. We will see. I think that he probably has a ways to go before this appeals over well established professional monitoring systems.

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #2,017 of 2,681

Just how often do professional musicians listen to amped IEMs? As far as I can tell, they have no use in recording, and certainly not while performing - IEMs are easy enough to drive to achieve plenty of volume and that extra quality in sound would be lost on me if I was on stage, as it's too subtle to notice in a noisy environment.

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #2,018 of 2,681
Wait... The JH3A still hasn't been released? Wow...
blink.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #2,019 of 2,681
From JH Audio Facebook Page February 7 2011:

The Lunar New Year has delayed shipment. We have already begun building pre order earpieces and are only awaiting shipment of the amps to us to tune and ship out.

Thanks... for your patience. We can't wait to deliver an awesome amp to you guys! 

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #2,020 of 2,681

Quote:

Just how often do professional musicians listen to amped IEMs? As far as I can tell, they have no use in recording, and certainly not while performing - IEMs are easy enough to drive to achieve plenty of volume and that extra quality in sound would be lost on me if I was on stage, as it's too subtle to notice in a noisy environment.

The way the sound was layered when I listened to the JH3A I could see band members liking these.

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #2,021 of 2,681
Is it me or do they feel like a broken record.  It seems that they have had the exact same excuse of 'delayed shipment' for almost 2 months now.

Quote:
From JH Audio Facebook Page February 7 2011:

The Lunar New Year has delayed shipment. We have already begun building pre order earpieces and are only awaiting shipment of the amps to us to tune and ship out.

Thanks... for your patience. We can't wait to deliver an awesome amp to you guys! 

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #2,022 of 2,681
what are you trying to imply?

anyway...

as of january 21st they were saying the problem with the pot was worked out, and shipping to JH could be within 10 days to 2 weeks..   they are now 3 days off that mark, and have since posted an update about a shipping delay...  which is the first time they have publicly noted a shipping delay.

so no - what you are saying is not the case... they have noted 1 shipping delay, and it was -correction: today

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #2,023 of 2,681
Looks like the JH3A is turning out to be Duke Nukem Forever of the IEM world 
biggrin.gif

just kidding...

On a serious note, can't wait for the first review of these babies. So tantalisingly close.

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #2,025 of 2,681
Technically, this was supposed to be released early December (before christmas), then is started to slide to early January, mid-January, early February, and now most likely mid-end February. 

Its kind of funny since I'm following the Algorythm Solo release date, which was announced at the same time as the JH-3a.  that unit has had the exact same production issues it seems and the release date keeps slipping 2 weeks at a  time.  My guess is that its very hard to secure the required parts for assembly these days, especially for smaller production runs by boutique audio shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back