JH Audio JH-3A
post-7253227
Post #2,011 of 2,681

cooperpwc

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
499
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Posts
6,776
Likes
499
Quote:
 
especially when they are aiming this setup at Pro musicians.    imagine...Sorry lady gaga, your JH3A will take a few weeks to fix while we wait for the chinese new year..... yeah right...

I don't believe that the JH-3A is aimed at professional musicians. it's excessively large and complicated for the purpose. I think that this product follows naturally from Jerry Harvey's initial surprise that so many people on here were amplifying the JH13s and JH16s. He didn't think that it was necessary (and, as I remember, actually recommended staying with more subtle amps like the Pico Slim that wouldn't add significantly to the bass). However once he realised that the Head-Fi/audiophile market was routinely going to spend big money on portable amps, he decided to address that market with a product that he felt would actually be worth the extra expense. A worthy goal realy...
 
     Share This Post       
post-7254768
Post #2,012 of 2,681

garetjax1

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
301
Reaction score
28
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Posts
301
Likes
28
I have been lurking on and off on this thread for the last several months, as I have been keenly interested in taking the plunge on the JH-16/3As for a while, and there has been a lot of great info on here! Thanks guys!
 
Unfortunately, I didn't read the last few pages until yesterday AFTER I placed my order for the combo. Maybe it was the 'Shipping Winter 2010' part that threw me off and made me think they were finally available... I should have checked here first! Anyways, I spoke with Jaime on Friday after receiving an email about my cable selection being switched to 'clear'... Looks like they are still anticipating 2nd-3rd week of February. My order # is 2587... Not sure where that places me in the queue...
 
Anywho, I noticed that they updated their website later that day with 'Shipping in February' :\
 
Collective angst / anticipation +1.
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-7254869
Post #2,013 of 2,681

Br777

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
291
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Posts
3,930
Likes
291


Quote:
I don't believe that the JH-3A is aimed at professional musicians. it's excessively large and complicated for the purpose. I think that this product follows naturally from Jerry Harvey's initial surprise that so many people on here were amplifying the JH13s and JH16s. He didn't think that it was necessary (and, as I remember, actually recommended staying with more subtle amps like the Pico Slim that wouldn't add significantly to the bass). However once he realised that the Head-Fi/audiophile market was routinely going to spend big money on portable amps, he decided to address that market with a product that he felt would actually be worth the extra expense. A worthy goal realy...


i could have sworn i heard jerry say ..maybe in an interview, that this thing is aimed at pro drummers, keyboardists, and audiophiles....maybe i was hallucinating...
 
     Share This Post       
post-7254994
Post #2,014 of 2,681

Hero Kid

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
2,036
Reaction score
43
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Posts
2,036
Likes
43
Quote:
i could have sworn i heard jerry say ..maybe in an interview, that this thing is aimed at pro drummers, keyboardists, and audiophiles....maybe i was hallucinating...
 
I remember the exact same thing.
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-7255003
Post #2,015 of 2,681

Hero Kid

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
2,036
Reaction score
43
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Posts
2,036
Likes
43
Quote:
Anywho, I noticed that they updated their website later that day with 'Shipping in February' :/
 
 
Where exactly does it say this? I don't see it on the product details of the JH-3A on their website...
 
     Share This Post       
post-7255005
Post #2,016 of 2,681

cooperpwc

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
499
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Posts
6,776
Likes
499
Ok. I'm not sure that you're hallucinating. He can make claim to try for that less mobile pro market. Still, marketing speak and practical application are two different things. We will see. I think that he probably has a ways to go before this appeals over well established professional monitoring systems.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7256120
Post #2,017 of 2,681

b0ck3n

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
630
Reaction score
39
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Posts
630
Likes
39
 

Just how often do professional musicians listen to amped IEMs? As far as I can tell, they have no use in recording, and certainly not while performing - IEMs are easy enough to drive to achieve plenty of volume and that extra quality in sound would be lost on me if I was on stage, as it's too subtle to notice in a noisy environment.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7258256
Post #2,019 of 2,681

LionelH2

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 6, 2007
Messages
124
Reaction score
14
Joined
Feb 6, 2007
Posts
124
Likes
14
From JH Audio Facebook Page February 7 2011:
 
The Lunar New Year has delayed shipment. We have already begun building pre order earpieces and are only awaiting shipment of the amps to us to tune and ship out.

Thanks... for your patience. We can't wait to deliver an awesome amp to you guys! 
 
     Share This Post       
post-7258273
Post #2,020 of 2,681

RYDMOTO

Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 14, 2010
Messages
58
Reaction score
10
Joined
Apr 14, 2010
Posts
58
Likes
10


Quote:
 

Just how often do professional musicians listen to amped IEMs? As far as I can tell, they have no use in recording, and certainly not while performing - IEMs are easy enough to drive to achieve plenty of volume and that extra quality in sound would be lost on me if I was on stage, as it's too subtle to notice in a noisy environment.
The way the sound was layered when I listened to the JH3A I could see band members liking these.
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-7258926
Post #2,021 of 2,681

monsieurguzel

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
33
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Posts
1,068
Likes
33
Is it me or do they feel like a broken record.  It seems that they have had the exact same excuse of 'delayed shipment' for almost 2 months now.

 
Quote:
From JH Audio Facebook Page February 7 2011:
 
The Lunar New Year has delayed shipment. We have already begun building pre order earpieces and are only awaiting shipment of the amps to us to tune and ship out.

Thanks... for your patience. We can't wait to deliver an awesome amp to you guys! 


 
     Share This Post       
post-7258971
Post #2,022 of 2,681

Br777

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
291
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Posts
3,930
Likes
291
what are you trying to imply?
 
anyway...
 
as of january 21st they were saying the problem with the pot was worked out, and shipping to JH could be within 10 days to 2 weeks..   they are now 3 days off that mark, and have since posted an update about a shipping delay...  which is the first time they have publicly noted a shipping delay.
 
so no - what you are saying is not the case... they have noted 1 shipping delay, and it was -correction: today
 
     Share This Post       
post-7259006
Post #2,023 of 2,681

hardtarget666

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
40
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Posts
182
Likes
40
Looks like the JH3A is turning out to be Duke Nukem Forever of the IEM world 

 
just kidding...
 
On a serious note, can't wait for the first review of these babies. So tantalisingly close.
 
     Share This Post       
post-7259012
Post #2,024 of 2,681

Br777

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
291
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Posts
3,930
Likes
291
my mistake.. their first announcement of a shipping delay causing the delay was today, not 17 days ago... corrected
 
     Share This Post       
post-7259303
Post #2,025 of 2,681

monsieurguzel

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
33
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Posts
1,068
Likes
33
Technically, this was supposed to be released early December (before christmas), then is started to slide to early January, mid-January, early February, and now most likely mid-end February. 
 
Its kind of funny since I'm following the Algorythm Solo release date, which was announced at the same time as the JH-3a.  that unit has had the exact same production issues it seems and the release date keeps slipping 2 weeks at a  time.  My guess is that its very hard to secure the required parts for assembly these days, especially for smaller production runs by boutique audio shops.
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top