JH Audio JH-3A
Jun 12, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #451 of 2,681
I see that one of my fellow mods has taken the time and excruciating effort to prune this thread, which went way off course.
I am very excited about the technology that JHA has come up with and really believe that this is going to change the way that a lot of us listen to our music.
Once the JH3A and JH13/16 orders start to get fulfilled, I'm sure that it will prompt a new thread that will be fascinating and educational.
I, myself, am looking forward to that day, and even those who have not ordered the system will benefit from the new approach to reproducing and listening to music. 
That day can't come soon enough, and it will be a day of change. Something that doesn't happen often enough in our hobby.
Cheers to JHA Audio. Cheers to Jerry 
beerchug.gif

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #452 of 2,681
thanks.  hope so.  without the usb, it's really limited.  I believe most people will listen through their mac or pc. 

Quote:
I believe that the Pico dac amp also only takes 16.1/44 then upsamples. (Again, i believe that high res USB is greatly a red herring, especially on a portable. Where is the music - or the need?) Jerry also said that higher res USB would add $200 or more to the price.

USB input was not implemented yet at CanJam. That is a new feature that Jerry said he will add since people want it. It seems thar both coaxial and USB will be supported.

The JH-3A is still a work in progress so we wait and see...

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #453 of 2,681

Quote:
thanks.  hope so.  without the usb, it's really limited.  I believe most people will listen through their mac or pc. 

yeah im planning on buying a m2tech hiface to use with my mac book pro and this, im pretty excited how much mroe compact my listening setup is going to get as well. Since right now i have to make sure my laptop is close enough to my dac for the optical cable to reach, and ive got a 12 foot rca to mini plug to go from my dac to my amp and then to my headphones, havin it all right there with just a short like 1 foot or so coax cable will be really nice.

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #454 of 2,681
The SPDIF input on the JH-3A is going to be RCA or 3.5mm?

Quote:
SoupRKnowva said:

yeah im planning on buying a m2tech hiface to use with my mac book pro and this, im pretty excited how much mroe compact my listening setup is going to get as well. Since right now i have to make sure my laptop is close enough to my dac for the optical cable to reach, and ive got a 12 foot rca to mini plug to go from my dac to my amp and then to my headphones, havin it all right there with just a short like 1 foot or so coax cable will be really nice.

I just bought the M2Tech HiFace for the JH-3A, here's my unboxing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOgDtAtMGfw

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #458 of 2,681
The 3.5mm input on the front of the JH-3A is not a SPDIF input. It's an analog input. I'm guessing there will be a mini USB and RCA SPDIF input on the back of the final version. Look at this picture. The iPad is is feeding the JH-3A via analog line out using a TWag LOD cable:

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #459 of 2,681
Worth $200 to get 24 bit usb input for sure if that is what the statement is.  With the cost of the whole thing that is only a 10% increase for 24 bit and look at the difference.

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #460 of 2,681
Your inputs in the final version will be:

- Minijack on the front accepts 192/24 spdif or analog input
- mini USB on the back will accept 44/16

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #462 of 2,681

Quote:
The 3.5mm input on the front of the JH-3A is not a SPDIF input. It's an analog input. I'm guessing there will be a mini USB and RCA SPDIF input on the back of the final version. Look at this picture. The iPad is is feeding the JH-3A via analog line out using a TWag LOD cable:

Unless they change it in the final version, the SPDIF is in the 4th pole of the TRRS 3.5mm input in the front panel.  Again, it's still a prototype and is not finalized.

-Ed

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #464 of 2,681

do you have to have a usb to spdif converter with the jh-3a
Quote:
The SPDIF input on the JH-3A is going to be RCA or 3.5mm?

I just bought the M2Tech HiFace for the JH-3A, here's my unboxing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOgDtAtMGfw

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #465 of 2,681
sling5s: No. USB does cd quality (44/16).

That device will allow Sonic to play hires files via USB since only the JH-3A's coax input supports "hires" (192/24) playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back