JH Audio JH-3A
Sep 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #1,036 of 2,681
Thanks to a generous head fi member, I will have some headphone gear (some to borrow and one to keep) to hold me out for these three months.  

Thank you again in a huge way 
atsmile.gif

david
Quote:

Personally, however, I wasn't planning on being without a headphone and amp system this long.  Like some of you, I sold it all (HD800, Grado RS1, AH-D7000 along with dac and amps).  With my JH13pro there for mod...I wish I had something. 

Sep 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #1,037 of 2,681

Quote:
Not too professional or smart for them to name him IMO, to try to ruin/shame his reputation or get people to harass him. A good company shouldn't play the blame game

I absolutely agree. Slander never turns out well for anyone.
Any way, still love ya Jezza!

Sep 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #1,038 of 2,681

Quote:
Whaddya mean, relax, Alex? 
confused_face(1).gif

There wasn't one thing that I said that was said with a hot head.
I already expressed my admiration for Jerry and know this must be tough for him.
I've been in a similar situation, mid-project, and discussed how difficult it is to pick up another person's or companies science and continue on, without inherent problems.
If I were Baby Back ribs, I'd be sliding right off the bone. That's how relaxed I am.

I didn't say anything in my post that could be misconstrued as "unrelaxed" except "All in all, this sucks".

And I ended it with a truthful statement, followed by "and if it turns out better, then, so be it."

I think it was New Joisy leaking through....

With that said, if I take your posts as a whole, you definitely seem a bit upset about this whole ordeal which is understandable.  You of all people are extremely reasonable with your assessments (minus that RSA house sound you cling onto!  just kidding).

Product has delays, Jerry/Brittany are on top of it.  I agree, talking about Macbeth was not the right move even if its the truth.  You got to stomach that and move on.

Looks like though it is going to sound spectacular...

Btw Aaron, I assume you are still all IN?  :)

Sep 9, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #1,040 of 2,681
I'll give my two cents....

One thing I have come to terms with is audio can become a bottomless pit that can't be filled
if you are one to have to follow every whim and opinion of the latest reviews.

Long ago I bought my pair of KEF 104.2s and still have them to this day. I listened to them and was immediately impressed. There were higher end models that sounded a little better but the difference wasn't that great to warrant spending additional money. To me they were the pinnacle of a design that to this day are rated highly. So I say to myself enough.

I built a nice home theater with equipment that in my opinion is the pinnacle for what my needs are. I will be good for a long time so I say to myself enough.

When I listened to the JH-3A at CanJam I bought them on the spot.Sometimes you hear something that you can say to yourself this is the pinnacle of what I been waiting for. I enjoy music immensely and this set up moved my soul in a way that I have not experienced in a long time. I ask myself how much better can this get? It may in time but I know I will be satisfied for a long long time.So for me I say enough.

There is a guy I work with who teases me when he overheard a conversation I was having with another music lover when I told him I could hear when a drummer was using plastic tipped drum sticks or that I could hear that the drummer was using a wood mallet on his kick drum or that I could hear the early reflections off the small room he was in.I enjoy all aspects of music...from the artistry of the musician to the sound technicians overall creation of putting the sound together
To each his own. I did tell him he would be happy with headphones made of two transistor radios help together with a coat hanger...

So in the grand scheme of things if the JH-3A's are not for you don't buy them. I enjoy reading the posts on here but there seems to be those who enjoy creating drama for reasons known only to them. Or maybe they don't know themselves and it's just a lifestyle they lead.
How about we celebrate Jerry and company's creativity and passion for music and his willingness to step outside the box to bring to music lovers such as you and me what the masters of music of old could not even dream about was possible......

Inspiration is a wonderful thing.

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #1,041 of 2,681

Quote:
I absolutely agree. Slander never turns out well for anyone.
Any way, still love ya Jezza!

I'm not a lawyer but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night and can google a common term

If one reports what occurred then it is not slander or defamation, providing what Jerry stated is true there is no slander or defamation.

slan·der

–noun 1. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.

2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

3. Law . defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #1,042 of 2,681

Quote:
I'm not a lawyer but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night and can google a common term

If one reports what occurred then it is not slander or defamation, providing what Jerry stated is true there is no slander or defamation.

slan·der

–noun 1. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.

2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

3. Law . defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

According to the definition, it is only slander if the statements are false. If the statements are true, it is not slander. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am not saying what Jerry Harvey did is right, but I don't think it was really a bad thing. After all, most people could have figured it out anyway.

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #1,043 of 2,681
I think im gonna request mine to be low profile.. JH said they do this. its a common request for musicians.  It basically means you have them make the IEMS flush or flat so that they dont stick out at all.

anyone have any experience with this?  any known drawbacks?  any photos of this?   anyone know for SURE if any of these are low profile. some of them look like it but i dont know.

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #1,044 of 2,681

Quote:
Btw Aaron, I assume you are still all IN?  :)

Of course I'm still all in. I think that Jerry Harvey is one of the great innovators of modern audio.

Also, if I could stay married to my ex-wife for 12 years, then I think I can weather lesser storms.

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #1,045 of 2,681

[size=medium]
Quote:
I think im gonna request mine to be low profile.. JH said they do this. its a common request for musicians.  It basically means you have them make the IEMS flush or flat so that they dont stick out at all.

anyone have any experience with this?  any known drawbacks?  any photos of this?   anyone know for SURE if any of these are low profile. some of them look like it but i dont know.

[/size]

I, too, am interested in this... Can one lay on the ear more comfortably with these? I've heard of low profile customs a few times, but not much.

Edit: LOL at the quoting issues. Jude tells me the Huddler guys are working on that one...

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #1,047 of 2,681

Quote:

Then RIGHT before I was going to order the JH3A....here comes the delay announcement. In yet another predicament - do I wait as I know it will likely drive me crazy or do I buy the JH16 and later upgrade to the JH3A? Or do I just be happy with the UE11/Nano combo and see what happens down the road?

As they say, the hobby is about the journey - enjoy the ride.

These are excellent questions, but if you are happy with the current combo and what SQ a Nano as a source can provide, I can't see a JH-3A adding much benefit at all.   It would require a higher quality source to shine regardless of how good it is when it's released.  Unless there is a drastic change in the design I'm not aware of since the Can Jam prototypes were demoed, it is more of a transportable than a portable amp, better enjoyed out of an laptop/netbook.  I would go with a TWagged JH16 or JH13 Pro (which I have) and remain ultra-portable unless you plan to adopt the JH-3A platform as a desktop solution in addition to your current one.

That's how I plan to use mine when it arrives.

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #1,048 of 2,681

Quote:
These are excellent questions, but if you are happy with the current combo and what SQ a Nano as a source can provide, I can't see a JH-3A adding much benefit at all.   It would require a higher quality source to shine regardless of how good it is when it's released.  Unless there is a drastic change in the design I'm not aware of since the Can Jam prototypes were demoed, it is more of a transportable than a portable amp, better enjoyed out of an laptop/netbook.  I would go with a TWagged JH16 or JH13 Pro (which I have) and remain ultra-portable unless you plan to adopt the JH-3A platform as a desktop solution in addition to your current one.

That's how I plan to use mine when it arrives.

well i dont have any head time with either of these, and i cant find warp08's full post, but if this person is going to drive jh16 from a nano (dont know what amp etc. is used if any) vs jh3a from a nano.. then their certainly SHOULD be a pretty big benefit even if he's using a really good portable amp with his jh16's... isnt that the whole point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back