JH Audio JH-3A
Sep 8, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #1,007 of 2,681

Quote:
I DID IT! I finally mustered the $$ and the balls to place my order

carolina blue trans
black cable
black amp
$1758 with shipping...

my only hope is these ship before the x-mas shipping rush.   I get the feeling they'll finish ahead of their estimate.. the last thing they want to to is have to extend their completion date AGAIN!

now i just need to get molded and im all set!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!

Congrats! Now you get to play the waiting game...

Sep 8, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #1,008 of 2,681
All in all, this sucks. As it was said b4, I know what it's like to take one man's software, interpret it, and try to build from there. It usually hasn't worked out well for me in my 2 times experiencing it. When you have a savant software writer, or anyone with vision outside of the box, it's almost impossible to latch onto the existing product and continue down the same road.

This brings 3 things to my mind, which goes along with the chill that I got from the money partner of the partnership.
1- Why did Mike Dias leave Ultimate Ears, in which he played a large roll, when UE was growing exponentially
2- Why was Ultimate Ears bought out by Logictech. Anytime a company (for example, Tyll (Headroom), needs funds to survive, they turn to somebody with bigger pockets, but unfortunately, that never ends well, even if it was your own invention, because the bigger pockets want to get bigger...faster (think of Snapple and the Quaker Oats buyout)
3- So, (and this all my own speculation), Jerry says screw this and starts JHA, but then invests on their new groundbreaking product with a single person that can hurt them badly.

This leaves us with artistic differences, or employees who find it tough to stay the course. Either way, it won't be the exact technology that we paid for, and if it turns out better, then, so be it.

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #1,009 of 2,681
Look we're not talking rocket science here and Matt is not the only cat that can implement a dac/amp/DSP/crossover. How do you think staiums get their sound, there are several pro audio guys that do this every day of the week. Jerry's bread and butter is pro audio stage monitoring, he's got the right connections to pull this off with of without Matt. The simple truth is he lost his main amp/DSP guy for what ever reasen but Jerry knows great sound and knows the right people to get the job done. I placed my bet with Jerry and my money stays in the pot.

On a side note Jerry has always struck me as an easy to get anlong with guy and pretty laid back as well as totally ethical. I know he held off on the announcement for no other reason than to present a solution when he communicated the news regarding the delay. Say what you will but I've dealt with him now for CanJam LA, RMAF 09 and now RMAF 10 and he is as good as it gets and totally honest. I'd also wager that no one is more pissed off right now than Jerry at this delay. Jerry is old school and understands that his rep is  valuable and not to be sold fout or a single product.

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #1,011 of 2,681

Quote:
Look we're not talking rocket science here and Matt is not the only cat that can implement a dac/amp/DSP/crossover. How do you think staiums get their sound, there are several pro audio guys that do this every day of the week. Jerry's bread and butter is pro audio stage monitoring, he's got the right connections to pull this off with of without Matt. The simple truth is he lost his main amp/DSP guy for what ever reasen but Jerry knows great sound and knows the right people to get the job done. I placed my bet with Jerry and my money stays in the pot.

On a side note Jerry has always struck me as an easy to get anlong with guy and pretty laid back as well as totally ethical. I know he held off on the announcement for no other reason than to present a solution when he communicated the news regarding the delay. Say what you will but I've dealt with him now for CanJam LA, RMAF 09 and now RMAF 10 and he is as good as it gets and totally honest. I'd also wager that no one is more pissed off right now than Jerry at this delay. Jerry is old school and understands that his rep is  valuable and not to be sold fout or a single product.

Nicely put and said, JP.   Jerry is everything you say and describe.   My money too stays in the pot.  I'm glad someone stood up for Jerry's integrity and high quality standards.   We can all be grateful for those in this world.

In fact, until I stumbled across this thread my feeble memory had completely forgotten about the JH-3A even though JH Audio had my cash (for which I have a receipt).  I remember when I ordered the Pico Slim - it too having it's delays....and I was well in the first 250! - I forgot about it completely until one day there it was in my hand,  Now that was a pleasant surprise!

So, back to oblivion for me, enhanced by copious amounts of good ale, and when the Jerry Harvey masterpiece arrives I will again be surprised and happy.

Now if this was Xin Feng........I'd be screaming for a refund.  (Said as a proud owner of Xin amps and loving how they sound.....for the price.)

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #1,012 of 2,681

Quote:
All in all, this sucks. As it was said b4, I know what it's like to take one man's software, interpret it, and try to build from there. It usually hasn't worked out well for me in my 2 times experiencing it. When you have a savant software writer, or anyone with vision outside of the box, it's almost impossible to latch onto the existing product and continue down the same road.

This brings 3 things to my mind, which goes along with the chill that I got from the money partner of the partnership.
1- Why did Mike Dias leave Ultimate Ears, in which he played a large roll, when UE was growing exponentially
2- Why was Ultimate Ears bought out by Logictech. Anytime a company (for example, Tyll (Headroom), needs funds to survive, they turn to somebody with bigger pockets, but unfortunately, that never ends well, even if it was your own invention, because the bigger pockets want to get bigger...faster (think of Snapple and the Quaker Oats buyout)
3- So, (and this all my own speculation), Jerry says screw this and starts JHA, but then invests on their new groundbreaking product with a single person that can hurt them badly.

This leaves us with artistic differences, or employees who find it tough to stay the course. Either way, it won't be the exact technology that we paid for, and if it turns out better, then, so be it.

Aaron, seriously, relax.  I mean c'mon, relax.  You know Jerry, he is a stand up guy.  Very passionate and he wants to do the right thing.  You were upset about the no refund, Brittany is offering a refund.  THAT WAS THE RIGHT STAND UP THING TO DO.  You want out, take it.

As they say, I'm all in.  I say Jerry delivers the best damn setup you can buy.

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #1,013 of 2,681

Quote:
I'm sure Jerry is way more bummed out than we are (that is, those who pre-ordered).  So my sympathies go out to JH.  
Personally, however, I wasn't planning on being without a headphone and amp system this long.  Like some of you, I sold it all (HD800, Grado RS1, AH-D7000 along with dac and amps).  With my JH13pro there for mod...I wish I had something. 

PM Sent.

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #1,014 of 2,681
I spoke with Jerry at length earlier, and he's absolutely sick about the delay, first and foremost.  He also went over with me, in detail, what they've done to transition the JH-3A project to where it is now--and it seems very clear to me that where it is now is perfectly under control, but unavoidably delayed.

Obviously, a key part of the transition involved finding people with the right qualifications to move the JH-3A to completion, and I'm absolutely convinced they've done that (this time working with what could more aptly be described as a reputable and qualified team of people, which I think will prove positive for the project and the product).

I'm totally confident that the project will yield at least as good a product as JH promised--and it wouldn't surprise me if it actually turns out better.  It certainly wasn't without pain (and without delay), but it seems very clear to me that they've got this well in hand now.

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #1,015 of 2,681

Quote:
I spoke with Jerry at length earlier, and he's absolutely sick about the delay, first and foremost.  He also went over with me, in detail, what they've done to transition the JH-3A project to where it is now--and it seems very clear to me that where it is now is perfectly under control, but unavoidably delayed.

Obviously, a key part of the transition involved finding people with the right qualifications to move the JH-3A to completion, and I'm absolutely convinced they've done that (this time working with what could more aptly be described as a reputable and qualified team of people, which I think will prove positive for the project and the product).

I'm totally confident that the project will yield at least as good a product as JH promised--and it wouldn't surprise me if it actually turns out better.  It certainly wasn't without pain (and without delay), but it seems very clear to me that they've got this well in hand now.

Thanks for that.  All the more glad i just pulled the trigger!

I didnt have a lengthy conversation with Jerry's wife, but i got off the phone feeling all the same things Jude just expressed. 

and might I ad ... SOOOOO PSYCHED!!!!

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #1,017 of 2,681
from Jaime Harvey:

you can let your pals on head-fi know i haven't updated the
website yet because we wanted to make the announcement first :)

I asked about getting a black cable for the JH3A.  She said its not available.

the new amp cable is built to accommodate the dual sockets in the earpieces.  We will have the clear
in 48" or 64".

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #1,018 of 2,681
Whaddya mean, relax, Alex? 
confused_face(1).gif

There wasn't one thing that I said that was said with a hot head.
I already expressed my admiration for Jerry and know this must be tough for him.
I've been in a similar situation, mid-project, and discussed how difficult it is to pick up another person's or companies science and continue on, without inherent problems.
If I were Baby Back ribs, I'd be sliding right off the bone. That's how relaxed I am.

I didn't say anything in my post that could be misconstrued as "unrelaxed" except "All in all, this sucks".

And I ended it with a truthful statement, followed by "and if it turns out better, then, so be it."

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #1,019 of 2,681

Quote:

If I were Baby Back ribs, I'd be sliding right off the bone. That's how relaxed I am.

I'm going to use this expression in real life someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back