JH Audio JH-3A
Sep 8, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #977 of 2,681
I really hope my speculation about the JH3A is wrong.  It is a fantastic concept from a legend in the audio world and Cooper is right, JH Audio is not a big company and I imagine is closer to specialized boutique status relative to the corporate Megalodons.  This just sucks for everyone involved including JH Audio.  If I see a certain company that also makes mice and keyboards release a similar product not so far off I will keep this event indexed in my grey matter.  I'm so sick of the Goliath beats David business practices.

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #978 of 2,681

Quote:
I really hope my speculation about the JH3A is wrong.  It is a fantastic concept from a legend in the audio world and Cooper is right, JH Audio is not a big company and I imagine is closer to specialized boutique status relative to the corporate Megalodons.  This just sucks for everyone involved including JH Audio.  If I see a certain company that also makes mice and keyboards release a similar product not so far off I will keep this event indexed in my grey matter.  I'm so sick of the Goliath beats David business practices.

+++

Here's to hoping things aren't as bad as it seems they may be.

Sep 8, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #980 of 2,681
not on twitter, facebook, or their website....  i mean.. not that ive been checking furiously all day or anything...
wink_face.gif

Sep 8, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #981 of 2,681
FIIIIIINALLY got ahold of JH - a few questions answered anyway...

8-10 weeks until JH3A is released
delay due to main guy working on the project bailing
announcement coming on facebook by the end of the day - not sure if thats end of the day CA time or FL time, but whatever...
they assured me they are completely on track with same design, and it may be even better than they anticipated

will use rechargable lithium batteries, non proprietary, user replaceable

she also said... less than 100 ordered so far, many of the molds recieved and ready to make.. some of the ear sets are already made
once it rolls out, it should do so quickly.. no month long waits or anything like that...

i had other questions but Jerry's wife did not know the answers so i emailed Jerry.. we'll see what he says...

Sep 8, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #982 of 2,681

Quote:
not on twitter, facebook, or their website....  i mean.. not that ive been checking furiously all day or anything...
wink_face.gif

They really need to send to all pre-paid customers some kind of update at this point.  If its 3 months delay I can live with that but they need to be transparent otherwise it just looks bad to everyone involved.

Sep 8, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #983 of 2,681
i didnt ask about that b/c im not a prepaid customer at this point, and it slipped my mind.  maybe they will .. i dont know..

thousandth post! - cue the monkey with the streamers!

Sep 8, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #984 of 2,681
Hmm, almost 4PM on the east coast and still nothing? Something tells me there may be no announcement today. Maybe this week though?

Hopefully I will stand corrected about today.
Congrats on the 100th post Br777
atsmile.gif

Sep 8, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #985 of 2,681

Quote:
Hmm, almost 4PM on the east coast and still nothing? Something tells me there may be no announcement today. Maybe this week though?

Congrats on the 100th post Br777
atsmile.gif

well, they said they would, and as I implied.. end of day could mean CA time, which is 3 hours earlier... dont know which office this announcement will base from.. but Jerry is in CA at the moment if that means anything.

Sep 8, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #986 of 2,681
facebook update is happening now....

JH Audio To our valued customers, this is an update on the current
status of the JH3A. We are behind on the delivery of the JH3A because the
original designer Matt Macbeth of GR9 Tech misled us on how far along the amp
was. He eventually abandoned the project leaving us to find a new company to
finish the JH3A. The entire DSP code ...among other components had to be reworked.

We have been working with a new company for the past 6 weeks and the latest update as of today is we will have amps to ship in 12 weeks. We have extended their estimate of 8 to 10 weeks to 12 weeks as not to mislead again. I am personally s...orry for any inconvenience this has causes. We are happy to refund anyone’s order if you are not willing to wait. You have my personal guarantee that the JH3A will be well worth the wait and it will be perfect when shipped.
Best Regards,
Jerry Harvey

Sep 8, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #990 of 2,681
Well, that sorts things out, they have listened and done the right thing, kudos to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back