JH Audio JH-3A
Jun 7, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #241 of 2,681

Quote:
Where can I find info on this? I just pulled the trigger for the JH3A so I might start to research source options..also is there an estimate release date for the JH3A..it says "late summer" on the JH Audio site..

Just curious if you went with a 13, 16, or re-mold and if not a re-mold,how did you come to choose one model over the other? I would guess you went 16 or re-mold? Thanks.

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #242 of 2,681

Quote:
Where can I find info on this? I just pulled the trigger for the JH3A so I might start to research source options..also is there an estimate release date for the JH3A..it says "late summer" on the JH Audio site..

i dont think that they have a website yet unfortunately, they had a table in the same room with JH and ALO at canjam though. and as far as the date, they said september, but jerry was saying hes thinking he can get some out in august, or at least he is going to try.

Edit: i eidted this into my original impressions post, but that is long and you may have missed it

EDIT: i see alot of people asking whether people are ordering with the JH-13's or the 16's. my view on this, is that since the bass is completely adjustable, you can easily give the 16 version the same bass as the normal 13's have, but can then also turn it up to the 16's level if you want, and even at the 13's output level, your still getting that little bit of extra bass refinement that the 16's have. 

So i guess to put it blunty, unless you're really pinching pennies for those 50 extra dollars, there would be zero reason not to get the 16's version.

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #243 of 2,681
I'll be getting mines with the JH16 Pro's. SoupRKnowva, I don't think you can get exactly the same bass response with the 13's and 16's. I was told the 16's have a bass reverberation the 13's just don't have even with a EQ applied. I may be wrong.

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #248 of 2,681
After 2 weeks of listening to my favorite songs in MP3 format ranging from 192kbps to 320kbps I switched SDHC cards and listened to my FLAC 96/24 songs and they reminded me why I talked so highly of this setup. It is indeed the ultimate portable setup in terms of sound quality IMO. Can't wait to get the JH-3A to see if it really can beat my current setup while maintaining similar portability.
smile.gif

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #249 of 2,681

Just curious if you went with a 13, 16, or re-mold and if not a re-mold,how did you come to choose one model over the other? I would guess you went 16 or re-mold? Thanks.

I went with the 16.. I already own the 13's so I want to have a taste of the new thing..as the remold I rather spend US 700 more and get a new IEM than spend US 1000 to turn my beloved 13's to a one amp iem..so i will use the 13's for on the go paired with the Imod/Vcap and Protector and maybe i'll sell my Lisa III and llp unit with the rca twag cables

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #250 of 2,681
Have you guys noticed that the output of the JH-3A where it feeds the JH13/16 Pro has the pins? This is not a good idea in the long run because the pins may get bent by accident. I would prefer the pins be on the cable connector like the way they are on the RSA Protector/TWag or other balanced cable or the connector that goes into the JH/UE/Westone custom IEM shells.

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #252 of 2,681
when using that many pins sonic, i dont really think it matters where they are, they can get bent either way, and honestly i think the likely hood of bending is equal for either, so eh, i dont really mind. maybe if we could use a TRRRRRRS plug :p

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #253 of 2,681

Quote:
wow, that is tiny !!

It only looks like that in that picture. It's not tiny. It's about the size of a 4th generation iPod with a cover on it. More like the
thickness of the original RSA SR-71, but taller and wider.

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #254 of 2,681

Quote:
nope, and i wouldnt expect one, that price is probably too low as it is. sending in your current 13/16, doesnt really save them anything, it actually most likely gives them extra work to do, since they have to take apart your current phone, while trying not to break the shell, which they probably will break anyways, and while trying to salvage the the mid and high end drivers, the lows are a completely lost cause i guess. not to mention that you are getting the whole amp with 6 channels of amplification and the dsp and the case, not to mention the time and effort that goes into doing all of that. jerry admitted that they were not going to be making much money even on the full priced versions, let alone the trade ups, but he wanted to do the trade up program as a service to our community.

I'm not clear at all about the cost of these things (incl. allocated overheads, which are always tricky); but I've never heard a merchant say 'we're gonna earn so much on these that we'll be laughing all the way to the bank' :)

Just basic marketing, no?

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #255 of 2,681

Quote:

I'm not clear at all about the cost of these things (incl. allocated overheads, which are always tricky); but I've never heard a merchant say 'we're gonna earn so much on these that we'll be laughing all the way to the bank' :)

Just basic marketing, no?

Who knows? From the JH-3A impressions from people, this amplifier is besting anything available for the JH13/16 pro as of now and it only costs an extra $700 for newcomers. So for less money than a high end source you're getting the best sound quality from your JH13/16 Pro's. I could just well on be wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back