JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #9,213 of 10,745
Quote:
Hmm, the otterbox seems slimmer than the pelican but cant u just cut up the pelican foam and stick it inside the otterbox case instead? U get foam as well as a slimmer case that way

sometimes I need the space in the Pelican for an extra cable, but I am ordering another foam for the Otterbox now
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #9,215 of 10,745
I received my new JH-13s last week.

The context of my impressions is that I:

1. Owned Etymotics ER4S for about 8 years, and paired them with one of the cheaper portable Headroom amps.
  2. Upgraded to JH-13s with a Corda Symphony II and used them for about 3 years before a dog ate them.
  3. Bought a pair of HD650s, while I owned the JH13s, and never used them because of the complete lack of detail and imaging, and vague and exaggerated bass, and
  4. Hadn't listened to anything for ~6 months after the JH13s were eaten, but in the last month had been listening to the HD650s for want of anything else.

My impressions:

I remember why I love them: such neutrality, precision, and detail. Bass is controlled and neutral. Mids are perhaps a little more prominent than the bass/highs, but in a way that accentuates texture and detail in voices and instruments. I can hear the resonance of strings and the bodies of instruments; the rasp of fingers across strings and keyboards. Highs do not sparkle, but nor should they: I think that the essential impression is how wondrously balanced these are. Nothing stands out, which is exactly how it should be. The same is true of the imaging and soundstage: if I care to do so, I can locate even the softest instrument and tiniest details (to the point of hearing background noises in the studio), but if I don't concentrate, then everything again merges into a literally-harmonious whole.

Fking rockin'
biggrin.gif
Very pleased. Also very pleased with the new case, which (for me) wasn't a Pelican case/otterbox, but something shaped like a hockey puck. The top half screws into the bottom half, and it has been made from what seems to be black anodized aluminium that has been milled from a solid block. This time, my name was even spelled correctly; bonus!

Jun 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #9,216 of 10,745
I am a first time customer of jh audio, so I never experienced the otterbox.  But I really like the black aluminum case because it is pretty damn solid, fits in my pocket, and fits my iems/cable too.  It's great if you're looking for a nice small case to quickly throw in your pocket.

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #9,217 of 10,745
Quote:
I am a first time customer of jh audio, so I never experienced the otterbox.  But I really like the black aluminum case because it is pretty damn solid, fits in my pocket, and fits my iems/cable too.  It's great if you're looking for a nice small case to quickly throw in your pocket.

:O what pants are u wearing to be able to put those in your pocket? I admit the case is solid and has room for both the iems and spare cables but its soooo thick ><

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #9,218 of 10,745
Quote:
:O what pants are u wearing to be able to put those in your pocket? I admit the case is solid and has room for both the iems and spare cables but its soooo thick ><

Im just wearing normal jeans.  But the truth is that I've lost some weight and so all my pants are a bit oversized and I can't afford any new ones thanks to buying the jh16's lol.

Jun 27, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #9,223 of 10,745
I got my Jh13 last week. I bought these used, and got them reshelled by InEarz.  

I'm looking for a good aftermarket cable, mainly the Moon Audio iem cables(still debating on wether to go with the silver dragon or black dragon). Or any other suggestions are welcomed.
size]

EDIT: For more pictures, click here!

Jun 27, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #9,224 of 10,745
Quote:
I got my Jh13 last week. I bought these used, and got them reshelled by InEarz. 

How did you get on with InEarz?
Good value?
Quick?
Nice work?

PM me if you'd rather

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #9,225 of 10,745
Quote:
How did you get on with InEarz?
Good value?
Quick?
Nice work?

PM me if you'd rather

1. I first contacted them through email. I got a response within 48 hours. Both through email and a couple of phone calls, they were polite, and happy for my business.

2. I'm actually surprised at how good these turned out, I am very happy with the work.. Great value!
size]

3. it was 15 days total turnaround from the time they received my Jh13's.

4. very nice work, especially for the price I paid and the time it took to get them, compared to other companies(currently).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back