JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Sep 6, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #8,732 of 10,743
Has anyone tried this combo: JH13Pro, HeadAmp Pico USB DAC/Amp connected to the iPad 2 with the camera connection USB kit? It beats my Cowon players to the dust. The sound is much fuller, open, detailed and punchy. Its still a bit sterile though, but nevertheless a wonderful combo. 

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #8,733 of 10,743
Hey guys, does anyone know if JH Audio can ship through anything other than UPS? What if I ask them real nicely? :)

I also got the impression from reading this thread that most people don't get hit with duties/taxes. Are the earphones always declared low value when shipped or did some of you just get lucky?

Sep 19, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #8,738 of 10,743

Quote:
Hey guys, does anyone know if JH Audio can ship through anything other than UPS? What if I ask them real nicely? :)

I also got the impression from reading this thread that most people don't get hit with duties/taxes. Are the earphones always declared low value when shipped or did some of you just get lucky?

most crosscountry taxes are for things you buy in another country when you could have bought it in your own.

edit : well that's the apreciation thread so maybe i could give a little opinion ^_^
cons:
they're customs so stop expecting them to overperform the best headphones they won't. harry potter had got nothing to do with jh audio. it is something done for noise makers to use mostly on stage.
small soundstage (inside and a little around the head) i won't go and open the door because of a sound in the song anymore ...
you won't like running with them and as a matter of fact you would hate swimming with them.
pros:
you don't need your own powerplant like you do with some huge headphones.
you can start to enjoy the full range of sounds at very low volume which you can't with some big headphones.
 as a personnal experience, i usually change half the songs i have on my player when i upgrade earphones and not only cause of the codec as i m a lossless lover of the first hour. i remember getting rid of almost everything when i had a sony mdrwhatever. but again sony does have a peculiar sound). for the first time here i actually went to take old stuff back. the jh13 not only tolerate almost everything, but they make almost everything you listen, a good experience.
the price! yes it's in the pros part. as it is a product for pros, not some apple earcrap.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #8,740 of 10,743
Well, I got mine yesterday. These are small! Pictures make them look big. I think the fit is good. My ear was hurting a bit yesterday, but I think that's because I wasn't inserting them correctly. When the instructions said "quarter turn forward" I thought it meant with respect to the axis parallel to my spine. Oops. Don't do that, it doesn't help at all. Maybe I'm just a fool. Getting them out is humorously frustrating (leaving me with no choice but to listen to more music
etysmile.gif
).

I'm at work listening out of an iPhone 4, and I'm surprised how sensitive they are. I turned down Volume Limit all the way down, and the iPod volume slider all the way down, and everything sounded fine (albeit quiet). 

Not sure how to describe them sound-wise. For now, I'll say it's not like getting punched in the ears.
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #8,742 of 10,743
So I got my Jh13's today

I ordered them on labor day, got them my earmolds a week and a half later(confirmed by USPS signature, not any email or anything from JHaudio). A week and half after that, I got a shipping confirmation from UPS and a week later I got em. During this whole time I received no communication from JH audio except a sales receipt and I guess the shipping confirmation. The status of my order on their website was pending up until two days ago when they changed the whole account system. I guess I'm writing all this to tell those who are still waiting to not worry too much, theres just a general lack of communication and status updates for whatever reason.

The Jh13s sound great. A little bass light to me coming from a the UM3Xs, but still incredible sound. Gonna let them burn in for a day and see what happens.
Fit is good as far as I can tell. Build quality is excellent. Echoing sourced, these are much smaller than I thought they would be.

Nov 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #8,743 of 10,743
I've got my reshelled JH13 Pros back from UM and they've done a great job. The shells are really smooth and fit nicely first time. The only slight issue I had was with my audiologist not having the right sized cotton dams and it was a real mission for them to source the dams and took weeks.

I havent had the opportunity to do any real comparisons but the first thing I have noticed with the JH13s against my T1s is the soundstage.The JH13s are noticeable wider and there is greater space between the instruments - live stuff sounds really awesome. There also seems to be "more" bass - not really sure how to describe this yet, as the T1s are no slouch in the bass department. However, my initial impressions are that the JH13s have deeper, clearer bass. The high frequencies are also sharper at times, although not sibilant. Some of the tracks which are OK with the T1s are slightly painful to my ears with the JH13s. Anyway, here are some pics:

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #8,744 of 10,743

Quote:
So I got my Jh13's today

I ordered them on labor day, got them my earmolds a week and a half later(confirmed by USPS signature, not any email or anything from JHaudio). A week and half after that, I got a shipping confirmation from UPS and a week later I got em. During this whole time I received no communication from JH audio except a sales receipt and I guess the shipping confirmation. The status of my order on their website was pending up until two days ago when they changed the whole account system. I guess I'm writing all this to tell those who are still waiting to not worry too much, theres just a general lack of communication and status updates for whatever reason.

The Jh13s sound great. A little bass light to me coming from a the UM3Xs, but still incredible sound. Gonna let them burn in for a day and see what happens.
Fit is good as far as I can tell. Build quality is excellent. Echoing sourced, these are much smaller than I thought they would be.

There will be no burn-in.  I went from JH13 to JH16.  It cured all deficiencies I had with JH13.  Going to JH16 you will lose some speed and a little transparency but JH16 delivers the goods and is more natural sounding.

JH13:  VERY balanced and neutral, insane speed, detail and transparency.

JH16: Much fuller sound (without bass bloat) a bit warmer but still very detailed and fully engaging.  The more fun choice no doubt!

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #8,745 of 10,743
Thanks for the feedback Spyro

I think thats what I wanted to hear after reading countless reviews and impressions.

:D

I haven't heard the bass on the UM3x yet, but if someone who has them says that JH13s are a bit bass light in comparison, there's no question that JH16s will be the choice for me

Having tried W3s, IE8s, TF10s and SM3s, I initially like the hard hitting bass of the W3s, but that mid bass hump thing veiled a lot of things, and made the mids non existant where I was craining my neck out to hear the detail in the vocals. 

The bass of the SM3s were nice and deep, but at times lacked that punch I enjoy when listening to dance tracks (could be to do with the tips though) TF10s bass was fast, and lean, but no weight to it, while IE8's seem pretty full, but maybe a tad thick for me

Here's hoping that JHA have that black friday sale coming up where there's a 15% off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back