JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 10, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #8,717 of 10,743
@Seaskimmer & @Parrots - thanks for the suggestions. I wasnt sure about UM as I had heard from another guy who had issues with them...what they were - I dont know? He hasnt been back to Head Fi for a long time, so I have never been able to find out.
It seems that UM are well respected here and generally reviews are good, so I will contact Ampcity and look into getting the ball rolling with UM. Cheers

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #8,718 of 10,743
I've begun the order process and booked the audiologist...just waiting for my JH13s to arrive and I am all sorted. I'll let everyone know how it all went when its all done and dusted.

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #8,719 of 10,743
I have a question.  How can you tell if one of your drivers is going bad?  I'm trying to determine if one of the drivers is going bad but I'm wondering if it's my hearing playing tricks on me.  As you can guess, I can't hand the IEMs over to someone else to try and I would prefer not sending them in.

Aug 27, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #8,721 of 10,743

Quote:
I have a question.  How can you tell if one of your drivers is going bad?  I'm trying to determine if one of the drivers is going bad but I'm wondering if it's my hearing playing tricks on me.  As you can guess, I can't hand the IEMs over to someone else to try and I would prefer not sending them in.

Wow, how is it the case that I'm going through the same problem?

At almost 23 months old, I could not be happier that these have a 2-year warranty.

It sounds to me like one of the drivers in the right earpiece of my set is going bad. It sounds raspy, and in certain string/guitar passages it seems to introduce faint a faint buzzing sound as if straining.

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #8,723 of 10,743

Quote:
Oh wow the 13s have a two year warranty? Here I was thinking it was one.

Yup, all JHA products do down to the JH5s. After this instance I'd never be comfortable with a 1-year warranty. Come October (expiry of warranty), I'll probably sell my 13s second-hand and purchase a new JH product just because of that warranty coverage.

Sep 2, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #8,724 of 10,743

Quote:
Wow, how is it the case that I'm going through the same problem?

At almost 23 months old, I could not be happier that these have a 2-year warranty.

It sounds to me like one of the drivers in the right earpiece of my set is going bad. It sounds raspy, and in certain string/guitar passages it seems to introduce faint a faint buzzing sound as if straining.

Yea that sounds like what's going on with mine.  The left earpiece has signficantly more distortion and sometimes it seems like one of the drivers is loose.

Sep 2, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #8,725 of 10,743

Quote:
Yea that sounds like what's going on with mine.  The left earpiece has signficantly more distortion and sometimes it seems like one of the drivers is loose.

Mine arrived in the lab on Wednesday and shipped back out to me today. Adam simply responded "your repair is ready to ship today", no diagnosis or further details.

I'm going to buy another pair on the Labor Day sale.

Sep 5, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #8,730 of 10,743
eek.gif
 15% OFF... must... resist... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back