JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 25, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #8,687 of 10,743
I have to agree with the others - the universal demo will give you an idea of the sound, but it's usually not as good as the real thing.  So if James feels the JH13-D is a side-grade from other universals, then the real-deal is very likely going to be an upgrade (for most people).

Jun 25, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #8,688 of 10,743
Don't feed the troll.

This is just a carry over from the ridiculously stupid  "Are (High End) Custom IEMs Overrated?" thread, where lots of people who don't own customs fantasize that their universals are as good or better than what they own, and Sony's latest universal apparently beats everything because of one poster who has never owned JH or UE customs, let alone the newer ones.  

It's the typical Head-fi "I made my little decision, based on a tiny bit of evidence" and now I'm going to broadcast it to the world and look for lots of people to tell me I'm right in the guise of "helping the newbies."

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #8,689 of 10,743

Quote:
Don't feed the troll.

This is just a carry over from the ridiculously stupid  "Are (High End) Custom IEMs Overrated?" thread, where lots of people who don't own customs fantasize that their universals are as good or better than what they own, and Sony's latest universal apparently beats everything because of one poster who has never owned JH or UE customs, let alone the newer ones.  

It's the typical Head-fi "I made my little decision, based on a tiny bit of evidence" and now I'm going to broadcast it to the world and look for lots of people to tell me I'm right in the guise of "helping the newbies."

I'm sitting here wondering what's wrong with his ES3X to possibly think universals can possibly hold a candle to top tier customs. After listening to various universals ( Westone 2/3, Shure SE535, UE Triple.Fi 10, Earsonic SM3, etc... ) My Westone ES5's are simply in a completely new level of clarity, dynamics and smoothness.

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #8,690 of 10,743
It's funny how praise for the most esoteric and expensive equipment is always instantly accepted, while criticism is met with such disdain, even from the moderators. The only logical possibility I see is that the manufacturers of the devices in question here are sponsors on this site.

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #8,691 of 10,743
The only logical possibility I see is that the manufacturers of the devices in question here are sponsors on this site.

Then it is because you can't see past your nose. UE, Westone, Shure and JH have all participated in various Headfi events. Mods are unpaid and receive nothing from sponsors for their service here.

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #8,692 of 10,743
Trust me, I don't see any benefit at all from anyone who sponsors head-fi, and frequently criticize sponsors myself.  The point was more that criticizing the universal JH13s is pointless, because 1) they're not for sale and 2) they don't sound as good as the customs.  And then when you add to it that some of the people criticizing have a track record, those posts get judged based on that track record.

Jun 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #8,693 of 10,743
Quote:
Can you take this argument to his troll thread, so as to not derail the actual JH13 impressions?

I've boldened the part where this post went horribly wrong. There are many fanboys on these boards, but those of us who wish for unbiased representation are growing increasingly displeased with the moderation around here.

It's a JH13 appreciation thread and thus any disappreciation of the JH13, demo or not, is off topic. It happens to make the thread completely useless for anything but marketing purposes and reaffirming buyers that they haven't made a terrible decision in shelling out ~$1k for the customs, but I suspect this won't bother too many of the thread's readers.

Quote:
Quote:
The only logical possibility I see is that the manufacturers of the devices in question here are sponsors on this site.

Then it is because you can't see past your nose. UE, Westone, Shure and JH have all participated in various Headfi events. Mods are unpaid and receive nothing from sponsors for their service here.

Do you suggest that they do so out of their own kindness, just to help out?

Jun 25, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #8,694 of 10,743

Quote:
Quote:

Do you suggest that they do so out of their own kindness, just to help out?

Yes as I am a mod I do so because I have gained many friends and some really great times through the community. Most of this is though meets that as a member in Sweden you may not be able to take part in so you may not understand. We travel 2-3 times a year to hang out with each other.

I am rather saddened that you went to a base assumption about the moderation team but that's your problem not mine. You've only been around here a few months but maybe in time you'll see there is no grand plot or cabal. I'm not sure why anyone would want to hang around if there was.

Jul 16, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #8,696 of 10,743
the king will always be judged, and rightfully so.

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #8,697 of 10,743
Got the JH13 recently remolded by 1964 ears and I'm very happy with the sound. My only gripe is that it doesn't sound as expansive as other iems I've heard but it does everything else incredibly well in a more intimate fashion. My remolded Triple Fi 10 upgraded to 6 drivers by Unique Melody is comparable to the JH13. Time for more listening.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back