JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
May 20, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #8,071 of 10,743
Thanks for the sound advise. Just wondering if anyone else did this recently and gain some feedback.

ps. first time going custom, doubtful if I can tell who's good and who's not 
tongue_smile.gif

May 20, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #8,072 of 10,743
Anyone know if by any chance they would accept paypal? I know that might sound ridiculous but if they do, then it would just help me out so much more.

And I better start saving, if my mom found out im thinking about buying $1200 (after all fees?) headphones then she would... best not say.
ksc75smile.gif

Oh, and YES I am in high school, but I dont think that should change in opinion whether or not I would be an audiophile.

May 20, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #8,074 of 10,743
May 20, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #8,075 of 10,743

Quote:
Foam alert!

Quote:
what's wrong with foam?

Quote:
There may be nothing "wrong" with the foam per se, I've read peeps that have had foam, and not had any problems, it's just that the JH audiologist tip sheet tells to use cotton....

Yes I read that on the tip sheet and requested cotton from the audiologist but he said that nobody in Denmark uses cotton, alway foam, so that was the only option. Don't know what the pros/cons are with either material but there was no problem with JH using my foam based ones

May 20, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #8,076 of 10,743
There is no problem with foam except that on jh adobe sheet for auioligists they say that foam may break the impressions when taking it out that's why cotton is prefered.

May 25, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #8,077 of 10,743
hey, do any of you guys have both versions of the JH stock cable? I have both the silver and the black version that I got from a deal, and I tried switching to silver from black today, and it sounds like utter crap. I couldn't stand listening to them for even one minute. They sounded worse than anything I've heard before (everything seemed jumbled up and recessed). Do cables need burn in, or do you guys think mine is just defective?

May 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #8,078 of 10,743

Quote:
hey, do any of you guys have both versions of the JH stock cable? I have both the silver and the black version that I got from a deal, and I tried switching to silver from black today, and it sounds like utter crap. I couldn't stand listening to them for even one minute. They sounded worse than anything I've heard before (everything seemed jumbled up and recessed). Do cables need burn in, or do you guys think mine is just defective?

my guess is that you may have gotten the phase mixed up, the dots on the connectors into the earpeices are both supposed to be facing up, or at the least both facing the same direction.

May 25, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #8,079 of 10,743

Quote:
my guess is that you may have gotten the phase mixed up, the dots on the connectors into the earpeices are both supposed to be facing up, or at the least both facing the same direction.

hmm, I made sure the dots were on the right ear piece and facing the same way the dots were facing on the black cables. I didn't consider JH audio messing up and placing the dots in the wrong place however. I'll try out different configurations and report back.

May 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #8,080 of 10,743

Quote:

Nope...turns out the cable is defective...if I slightly touch the plug part the sound changes drastically. I guess I'll try contacting JH audio about it to try to get a replacement. Thanks.

May 29, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #8,082 of 10,743
Quote:
pekingduck said:

Does the stock cable of UE10/11/18 Pro fit the JH13?

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/444644/nullaudio-enyo-custom-cable-review-massive-pics#post_6055635
Quote:
immtbiker said:

If it fits the JH-13, then it will fit the UE-10. I have been using my UE-10 cables on my JH-13's from the get go.
Just make sure to notice your polarities because the prongs aren't 2 different sizes.

On another note: Does JHAudio's warranty cover accidental knocks to the earpieces? I dropped them on pavement yesterday and knew it was bad. They were hanging around
my neck while I was running errands. Now there's no bass and the sound leans towards the left.
frown.gif

I shot off an email to their repairs dept. but no response yet.

May 29, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #8,085 of 10,743
Sorry to hear that, total bummer, i am kind of rough on my stuff, i use it for sure.

I just got mine yesterday-ears are sore,esp the left one....difficult to get it in, takes some work, real tight on the helix but good snug fit.  Gonna see if i can handle it till my ear changes or mine are on the way back too.  I keep going back and forth from not worth it to be so uncomfortable to it isn't really so bad and just snug and tight.  The right one goes right in nicely though so maybe that is more of how it should be.  My first customs, sound real good though.

Good luck with yours, hope you get em back fixed and w/o huge hit on the wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back