JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
May 16, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #8,041 of 10,743
The JH13 Pro just gave me a eargasm listening to Noise Maker by Infected Mushroom. The bass was pounding so powerfully, yet remained tight and controlled. What amazed me is how so much bass can just pound at my eardrums while still maintaining the most sharpest separation of the vocals and the crisp sound of the treble notes. Every sound had it's own place in this huge holographic soundstage along with that bass just pounding away.
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #8,042 of 10,743
just placed an order for the JH13s at my local audio store. gonna take around 1 month for it to arrive. i'm one of the few people who picked the JH13s over the 16s. i guess 13s are good enough. the bass was there when i tested the universal demo. with a nice seal, i believe the bass will be just right. 16s will be too overpowering, esp when paired with an amp. that's what i foresee.

May 16, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #8,043 of 10,743

Quote:
just placed an order for the JH13s at my local audio store. gonna take around 1 month for it to arrive. i'm one of the few people who picked the JH13s over the 16s. i guess 13s are good enough. the bass was there when i tested the universal demo. with a nice seal, i believe the bass will be just right. 16s will be too overpowering, esp when paired with an amp. that's what i foresee.

No, your not the only one. I had the pleasure of an extended audition of the 13 demo's, after I got the fit right I was smitten. I personally felt I wouldn't want any more bass quantity than the 13's or for that matter to change anything else about the 13's so while I was keeping an eye on the 16 threads I haven't really strayed from wanting the 13's. Even though there really wasn't much of a debate in my mind, the 4 hour $200 off sale on the 13's certainly further solidified my decision.
tongue_smile.gif

May 16, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #8,044 of 10,743
sweet. will post a picture of mine when it arrives. do post yours too! i went for the black trans with no artwork so it would look as ordinary as any other plain JH13s. just wanna keep it low, esp after what happened to the guy (forgot what country it was in), who got robbed because of his expensive audio equipment.

May 16, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #8,045 of 10,743
Its just a trend that happens when a new product surfaces. i went for the similar route as well.

it's been my target ever since it was unveiled, and thank god i managed to achieve it this year

May 17, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #8,046 of 10,743
anyone have k701 to compare to jh13?i read some reviews of jh13 on jaben forums that it is detail freak, clinical and cold.the k701 is the most detailed headphone i have heard so far and can be called neutralish but i didnt enjoy it.i was impressed with details,soundstage,airness at first but then it became bordem to me.
i wonder if jh13 is the same?also how is the highs on jh13 compared to k701?i am pretty sensitive to shrill highs and hot treble,so i am afraid if jh13 is like k701 in that area.

anyone can comment on this please?thanks.

May 17, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #8,047 of 10,743
Jh13 are more natural than AKG K701( Jh13 definitly doesnt have bright or clinical sound as AKG). Jh13 beat AKG almost in everything. JH13 have better detail, impact, speed, .... And so on. AKG K701 have only bigger soundstage, but Jh13 have better ?localization?(not sure about right phrase).

To highs, they are not  shrill like AKG, but if you have bad recording, Jh13 show you everything what is wrong there.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 17, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #8,049 of 10,743

Quote:
Jh13 are more natural than AKG K701( Jh13 definitly doesnt have bright or clinical sound as AKG). Jh13 beat AKG almost in everything. JH13 have better detail, impact, speed, .... And so on. AKG K701 have only bigger soundstage, but Jh13 have better ?localization?(not sure about right phrase).

To highs, they are not  shrill like AKG, but if you have bad recording, Jh13 show you everything what is wrong there.

thanks for the response.one more thing,how is the bass quantity compared to 701?is the bass more detailed?

May 17, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #8,052 of 10,743

Quote:
thanks for the response.one more thing,how is the bass quantity compared to 701?is the bass more detailed?

I will just concur with Sonic & Bina as i have just had the 13 & 16 demos to play with last week for four days and was dreading going back to my K702 with lovely modded Double Helix ALO SXC cable and at the weekend i put them on for the first time since the JHdemo's and for sure there was something missing that did not sound the same anymore! : (

Which happened to be pretty much everything under the sun for the exception of 702's soundstage is bigger but the 13's are not exactly small for in ears.

The 13's to me had more micro detail's not even my 702's had extracted before, instruments more sharper, realistic, timbre is astonishing at times, the attack and speed is effortless with the 13's and never sounds like it is struggling with anything that goes through them. 

The depth, seperation, 3D'ness of the sound gives it more layers and accuracy to where instruments are with the soundstage and makes it easier to go from imagining the soundstage as we all do, to it just been that you are physically there in front of that stage.

Unlike the 702's the 13's do analytical and dynamics together which gives the 13's more live and realism to the over all listening experience.

My K702's still sounded okay to listen to in respect of reproduction of the instruments been played, but it was all the other attributes when knitted together of things like speed/pace, control, depth, and the microdetail that felt like my 702's was now muted, non layered thus sounding a tad flat, not much live in it dynamically making it feel as if my 702's where missing their coils!

I hope this is not the case, but if they (702's) become dust collectors in a few weeks when i get my JHpro's then who know's, i will have to see....

May 19, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #8,054 of 10,743
haha.so i got to a hearing aid centre today to get my impressions and i told the guy i just want the impressions without purchasing a hearing aid from them.He said that is very weird and no one ever asked this from him before.i told him i will send them to USA to make custom earphone.. but he still didnt get it.
Anyway,he made my impressions and told me he will give it to me for free but he wants me to call him after i receive my jh13 to tell him how it worked.
i told him i will visit him again to show him the final product because he has no clue about custom iems.

here are my impressions,are they good?i emailed them to Brittany to give me the OK.

May 19, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #8,055 of 10,743
Oh well,Brittany told me that I need to make them again because the back of the impressions doesn't have enough material so it needs to be filled. I will go to him tomorrow again.Darn,I wished I could send them tomorrow with the money.gues I will have to postpone it to next week because of my exams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back