JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jan 7, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #7,021 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might just go in, get my 13's then come home again haha!

Sounds like a plan.
very_evil_smiley.gif
You sure the courier will make it?

Jan 7, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #7,022 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a plan.
very_evil_smiley.gif
You sure the courier will make it?

royal mail special delivery. We've been getting RM post to work and SD usually gets there. Bear in mind its central london
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #7,023 of 10,743
Timmy did you go get you JH 13s?

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #7,024 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Timmy did you go get you JH 13s?

no haha its 9pm at night here in the UK! I have to wait till the morning to get them
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #7,025 of 10,743
I hope you can give us first impressions and opinion on the fit. Hopefully, your fit is spot on. My impressions are going out tonite so they can get started Monday.

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #7,026 of 10,743
Hi Head-Fi !

The waiting has just began for me, sent my impressions earlier today (it's 10PM here, I'm in France) and it should take about a week to reach JHAudio's lab. So I won't get my 13's before something like 2 weeks.
I'll keep on reading your reviews here in the meantime until I can write my own "review" (or at least my personal thoughts) about those IEM's... which will be my first custom IEM with earmold
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #7,027 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sure hope I can get these before next Christmas!! haha

Race Ya
wink_face.gif

Quote:

haha well they aren't being delivered tomorrow. I just really hope the snow holds off. Its absolute chaos in the UK atm with public transport..I have to travel 2 and half hrs each way a day on public transport..I might just go in, get my 13's then come home again haha!

Theres Irony if ever i have seen it , the time you order your first JH13's, it is the worst winter in about 30 years and the worse snow in god knows how many years!

Talk about bad timing, once you get to work if you get stuck in the middle of no where in a snow drift on way home at least you can listen to your JH's to keep you going whilst you slowly turn in to a pop icicle
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #7,028 of 10,743
yea I said to my family I don't care about getting home, just as long as I get there haha. This should be fun
popcorn.gif
I've got an R4DS waiting for me at work too for my girlfriend so I wanna go get that too...obviously no where near as exciting as the 13's but still

bit of a shame though, coz I could have probably not gone in again tomorrow meaning apart from Monday and Tuesday I would have been at home the 3 remaining days..bit of a nice bonus. Nick phoned and said he will be sending them out to my work and I could have got the address changed to my home address but we haven't had post in the last 2 days so our survey says...ehhhhh urrrrgggh

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #7,029 of 10,743
Quote:

yea I said to my family I don't care about getting home, just as long as I get there haha. This should be fun
popcorn.gif
I've got an R4DS waiting for me at work too for my girlfriend so I wanna go get that too...obviously no where near as exciting as the 13's but still

bit of a shame though, coz I could have probably not gone in again tomorrow meaning apart from Monday and Tuesday I would have been at home the 3 remaining days..bit of a nice bonus. Nick phoned and said he will be sending them out to my work and I could have got the address changed to my home address but we haven't had post in the last 2 days so our survey says...ehhhhh urrrrgggh

Don't know where exactly in London you live, but it might of been easier to of done a pick up instead from Enfield Lock? but hindsight is a wonderfull thing
icon10.gif

Hope you enjoy them when you get them in your ears tommorow hopefully and don't forget to tell us how it pairs with the X.
I'm not jealous
icon10.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #7,031 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i tried the 13's with an X at the sony style store while i was stuck at the mall a couple weeks ago, and it hissed pretty loudly.

Was it bad enough that you could or would not be able to listen to it.
I know the IE8's can have a slight hiss with them, which has not bothered me to much, but other people it can bug the hell out of them having it there.

How did it sound in general with the X other than that, was the songs in a descent codec and sample rate?
Knowing Sony stores it was just preloaded 256k mp3's?

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #7,032 of 10,743
Ok impressions out the door. The clock is ticking. I'm hoping for a good fit first time.

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #7,033 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was it bad enough that you could or would not be able to listen to it.
I know the IE8's can have a slight hiss with them, which has not bothered me to much, but other people it can bug the hell out of them having it there.

How did it sound in general with the X other than that, was the songs in a descent codec and sample rate?
Knowing Sony stores it was just preloaded 256k mp3's?

i dont really know, it was all preloaded crap, but honestly once i plugged in the first thing i heard was hiss, i didnt even really pay attention, id rather listen to my iPhone or even my ipod classic, since they dont hiss anywhere close to that much, if at all.

i would say that i wouldnt buy one if it were to be used with 13's exclusively, the hiss bothered me too much.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #7,035 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by krucacing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Demo JH11 vs Fully done JH13
From my brief audition with the universal demo of the 11, the fully done 13 has comparably more clearer, cleaner presentation, with enough bass to satisfy semi-basshead, they present details in a natural way, not throw it all in your face style, it is the immersive quality that i appreciate most out of the 13
biggrin.gif

Demo JH11 vs Demo JH13
The 11 demo set has a more laid back, warmer presentation. Comparing both 11 and 13 demo set, the 11 have more bass presence, but not so overwhelming like the ue11 bass.

I found that the fully custom 13 has more bass and less aggressive highs compared to the demo set. If this stands among all the JH models, a fully done 11 should have more bass compared to fully done 13...

beerchug.gif

Thank you very much for those descriptions. It's nice that someone would actually like to help another person. I appreciate it, very much.

I ordered JH13's earlier today, but still need to send out impressions.

I'm excited and anxious to hear what all the fuss is about. I just hope I am not disappointed in any way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back