JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jan 8, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #7,037 of 10,747
I spent some time today at work listening to this setup: Cary 306 SACD Pro (set to 96kHz upsampling) > Gilmore Lite > JH13. It sounded really good. I usually listen to my JH13 off my iAudio X5 MP3 player so of course the format & source were the key contributors for the sonic improvement, but it really was just a sublime listening experience and in a lot of ways I'd say it might even rival my OII/BHSE setup with nearly the same level of clarity and speed.

The Gilmore Lite may not be the most ideal home amp for the JH13 though as its gain is a bit high at 6x/15dB, and the JH13 was a bit frustrating to control with it. The 306 Pro does put 3V on the RCA outputs though. I suspect the GS-1 would be a better home amp for the JH13 with its comparatively flatter sound and low gain at 3x/9dB.
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #7,039 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know where exactly in London you live, but it might of been easier to of done a pick up instead from Enfield Lock? but hindsight is a wonderfull thing
icon10.gif

Hope you enjoy them when you get them in your ears tommorow hopefully and don't forget to tell us how it pairs with the X.
I'm not jealous
icon10.gif

naa coz I used to live just above EL when I had my impressions done, so it would have been since they were closer on the train but now I live on the south coast by brighton!! so they are north by quite a way even from work
about to leave now..wish me luck

And those saying the Sony hisses, the Fuze was pretty bad with the demo unit and yea it was noticible in the quiet, thankfully most of my music doesn't have many quiet bits and was more than bareable, anything the same or less and I'm cool

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #7,041 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by krucacing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DNA Sonett with the 13
devil_face.gif

But i feel heavy buying a full blown home amp for only a custom IEM
tongue.gif

Unless i get a HD800....Hey wait, didnt i decide that is it after the 13!
deadhorse.gif

i hadnt even heard of that sonett till now, that might be the one for me
smily_headphones1.gif
hopefully someone at canjam will have one for me to test lol but with an option of a gain of 1 thats gonna be the ticket for the 13's

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #7,042 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spent some time today at work listening to this setup: Cary 306 SACD Pro (set to 96kHz upsampling) > Gilmore Lite > JH13. It sounded really good....but it really was just a sublime listening experience and in a lot of ways I'd say it might even rival my OII/BHSE setup with nearly the same level of clarity and speed.

Agreed. I've said a similar thing about CD5001 or Macbook lossless > Apogee mini-DAC > WA6 > JH13Pro.

Like you, many of us have figured out that just because the JH13Pro are portable IEM it doesn't mean they need to be consigned only to portable rigs, and that as the source/amp improve to desktop-rig quality so do the JH13Pro. This is good to share with people, because if they think all they need is a good iPod or portable rig for these, then they are short changing themselves and denying themselves the true potential of these IEM. I would love to hear the desktop rig with JH13Pro using the Smythe SVS Realizer for some of that out-of-head speaker-like presentation.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #7,043 of 10,747
made it in..now lets hope postman pat does
evil_smiley.gif

edit:
oh hello there!

1262947300.jpg

zac did a wonderful job on the artwork (sorry for the poor picture).
Nick also did a great job with the impressions, fit is pretty much bang on perfect. I can't speak for the long term coz I've had them in my ears for about 5 minutes but certainly no fitment issues placing them straight in.

I haven't listened to them yet..tbh I don't want the experience to be ruined by being at work because I will be interrupted every 3 minutes. I will wait till I get home tonight and shut myself in my bedroom
evil_smiley.gif

edit2: and you can't see it in my poor picture (taken with an Olympus 8mpx compact :-/ ) but the headphones on the ninja are actually brushed titanium and not just silver paint..extremely nice touch!!

edit3: ok so I relented and had a 10 minute listen. They absolutley suffered from a short 5-10 minute burn in period because stright away they were undetailed and soundstage narrow. Once the BA's started to get their vibrate on though, things started opening up, and then I stuck on Ventura Highway by America and about a minute into the song bam in comes a ridiculous amount of detail and the soundstage opens wide up, cymbals I've never noticed before etc etc.....and then my boss interrupeted me reminding me about my appraisal
rolleyes.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #7,044 of 10,747
Congrats Timmy. I'm so jealous.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #7,046 of 10,747
Mine are under construction. The thrill of waiting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #7,047 of 10,747
Quick question. Since everyone seems to be unhappy/unsatisfied with the stock cable, does the UE cable work with JH. I'm pretty happy with the UE cable. I don't know if I want to pony up for the Twag cable just yet. I know I probably should but the price is a bit steep right now.

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #7,048 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
made it in..now lets hope postman pat does
evil_smiley.gif

1262947300.jpg

edit3: ok so I relented and had a 10 minute listen. They absolutley suffered from a short 5-10 minute burn in period because stright away they were undetailed and soundstage narrow. Once the BA's started to get their vibrate on though, things started opening up, and then I stuck on Ventura Highway by America and about a minute into the song bam in comes a ridiculous amount of detail and the soundstage opens wide up, cymbals I've never noticed before etc etc.....and then my boss interrupeted me reminding me about my appraisal
rolleyes.gif

Glad to hear you have finally got your hands on your JH13's, bet you can't believe it.
Reassuring initially the fit seem's okay also, and your brief first 10 minutes as a JH virgin has already impressed you.

Be interesting to read your impressions as the sound changes especially with the X
regular_smile .gif

You lucky thing, christmas has not finished for some!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back