JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Sep 13, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #4,396 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One last question to fellow head-fiers about the fitting issue before deciding the destiny of my jh13. Do you find an absolute comfort on both sides of ear pieces or do you feel a slight discomfort on either side sometimes but try to adjust yourself?

FWIW...

I have had no discomfort whatsoever, either side. I used an audiologist recommended by JH Audio to do my impressions, and he knew exactly what they needed.

My fit is perfect, as is the performance of the JH13s.

Sep 13, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #4,397 of 10,747
No discomfort on either side but there shouldn't be any.

Sep 13, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #4,400 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After you've had your JH13's "screwed in" for awhile,
try pinching your nostrils and blowing
(as in clearing ears during aircraft descent)

Notice any change in SQ?

Anybody?

I have done that for years with speakers, headphones and IEM's. I find that equalizing the pressure always increases the sound quality.

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #4,401 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anybody pleas replay on my question? So if you send customs for refit, should you sell new impresions with them, or what you should do?

Thanks

In general I would say yes send new impressions. In special cases it may not be necessary. For example in case your shells feel good overall, but only one stem is 1 mm to long, you may not need to send new impressions, because in this case you could precisely instruct what to do. But I think that's something that is out of the ordinary.

In any case it's a good idea to communicate with JH Audio about your problems and about what to do next.

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #4,402 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI, according to Jerry, 92-94% of their customers have had the perfect fit without refits needed. So I'm just in that 6-8% minority.
wink.gif

Like many other people in this thread, it seems to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the High End Carry Case, it will likely only be included with Flagship products, namely the JH13. And will, of course be available for purchase separately. It will be significantly more expensive to produce. But trust me, it will be worth the wait.

You weren't talking of the Otterbox, were you?

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #4,403 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You weren't talking of the Otterbox, were you?

I doubt it; I do hope they come up with a mini CF case like a small version of the lager CF original. even just the ability to attatch a strap to the large one would be fine for me; since I have cut out the foam to fit my iriver and D10 side by side. then again i'm still eyeing off one of the headroom portable desktop rig bags for my full rig.

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #4,404 of 10,747
Just received mine today! Sounds great as I expected (better than the demo). Finish is great and I am very satisfied with the color too. Left one fits like a glove but fit on right monitor is a bit problematic. I might need refit but we will see how it goes. I would also have preferred carbon fiber box but oh well, they sent me the otterbox and I had no choice.

Sep 14, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #4,407 of 10,747
Dumb question. I'm still not 100% impressed with jh13's and I'm beginning to wonder if it's my impressions. When I feel the inner part of my ear. I don't think they go into my actual canal very far if at all really. I'm beginning to wonder if my impression wasn't deep enough.

My question is, It seems to put against my inner ear canal but doesn't actually penetrate it. Is this normal?

Sep 14, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #4,408 of 10,747
blargman, they're not supposed to go too deep. My UE11 go deeper. JH did this for comfort in insertion and removal. I'm thinking less surface contact would also mean a better chance of getting a good fit.

As long as you have a good seal and good comfort, you'll adjust and concerns will subside.

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #4,409 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by blargman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dumb question. I'm still not 100% impressed with jh13's and I'm beginning to wonder if it's my impressions. When I feel the inner part of my ear. I don't think they go into my actual canal very far if at all really. I'm beginning to wonder if my impression wasn't deep enough.

My question is, It seems to put against my inner ear canal but doesn't actually penetrate it. Is this normal?

If your impressions were bad (tips not long enough), I think JHA would have not made the monitors with them and asked you to send another impression.

Well, this is only my guess.

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #4,410 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your impressions were bad (tips not long enough), I think JHA would have not made the monitors with them and asked you to send another impression.

Well, this is only my guess.

This is true for sure. I was concerned that one of my impressions was not deep enough so sent a pic to Brittany and she confirmed this was the case, my Audiologist did another. If they were not suitable I'm sure they would have let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back