JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Sep 14, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #4,411 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by blargman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dumb question. I'm still not 100% impressed with jh13's and I'm beginning to wonder if it's my impressions. When I feel the inner part of my ear. I don't think they go into my actual canal very far if at all really. I'm beginning to wonder if my impression wasn't deep enough.

My question is, It seems to put against my inner ear canal but doesn't actually penetrate it. Is this normal?

It does not matter how deep they go, as long as your seal is good.

Sep 14, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #4,412 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone JH13 owners in the Los Angeles area?

If you want to call me pm me

Sep 14, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #4,413 of 10,747
I think the seal is fine(pushign them in does nothing), some things are fairly bass light than what I'm used to. And even just soft period. I thought that perhaps a longer tip might help with SQ. Honestly it doesn't feel like they are going into my inner ear canal at all, but I'm guessing it sounds like this is normal ( I have in cheaper iem's put them into my inner ear and they sounded better(er6i, cheap sony ex300s) . It's odd though some song's and ranges have plenty of booming bass though. Very strange.
I don't mean to spam this thread with my ramblings , and I really am just teetering on figuring it out and deciding what to do. Trying to decide if this is just me or the headphone. Or both. Sorry Just hoping someone would read my posts and point out something I'm doing wrong.

cheers.

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #4,415 of 10,747
Quote:

I think the seal is fine(pushign them in does nothing), some things are fairly bass light than what I'm used to. And even just soft period. I thought that perhaps a longer tip might help with SQ. Honestly it doesn't feel like they are going into my inner ear canal at all, but I'm guessing it sounds like this is normal ( I have in cheaper iem's put them into my inner ear and they sounded better(er6i, cheap sony ex300s) . It's odd though some song's and ranges have plenty of booming bass though. Very strange.
I don't mean to spam this thread with my ramblings , and I really am just teetering on figuring it out and deciding what to do. Trying to decide if this is just me or the headphone. Or both. Sorry Just hoping someone would read my posts and point out something I'm doing wrong.

cheers.

please do not take offense, but i'm getting the feeling that you may just be hearing balanced sound for the first time; this is this problem of just jumping straight in the deep end and skipping the steps in between. although er6i is a little worrying. booming bass may just be your use of language, but heavy hitting bass is only supposed to be there when the music contains those frequencies; it is possible that the sonys and the general trend of crap car stereos, cinemas etc toward having big booming (a derogatory term here) bass, whether its in the music or not, means that you were expecting more of the same and music simply doesnt really sound like that.

a test, what happens if you EQ them?? because if you have a good seal the bass will increase as it should, if you dont have a seal it will probably increase a little, but not as much as you would expect.

You also may not be inserting them correctly I guess. longer tip does not increase SQ, in general a seal is a seal, I got deep tips to make sure I maintained a good seal no matter what I was doing with my mouth/jaw and even then I may have been misguided there; it succeeded, but how much of that is related to having deep tips i'm not sure. angle of insertion makes a difference too, but the fact you say its there with some music and not with other music has me thinking the problem is that you need to either get used to the sound of them; or accept that you are a basshead and actually dont like balanced sound afterall.

I also notice that you only mention them not having booming bass; seems to me yo could be fixating ion bass; tight extended bass is not booming, bass can slam without booming, perhaps you are looking for euphony and not getting it because they are too good
wink.gif
either way give it some time and dont listen to the sonys for a while

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #4,416 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also notice that you only mention them not having booming bass; seems to me yo could be fixating ion bass; tight extended bass is not booming, bass can slam without booming, perhaps you are looking for euphony and not getting it because they are too good
wink.gif
either way give it some time and dont listen to the sonys for a while

Quote:

cheers.

If you ultimately decide you don't like them because of being too flat, you could contact JH Audio and see if they'll exchange them for JH11's. The JH11's have dual woofers with a bass bump.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #4,417 of 10,747
Here are some pics:

imgp7439.jpg

imgp7447.jpg

Ahhh... I hate to send them back for a re-fit.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #4,418 of 10,747
^^ true; there is that; JH11 supposedly sounds like a more refined UE11, which are quite bass heavy. JH11 are apparently not quite as bassy, but may give you the 'boom' you are looking for

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #4,419 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are some pics:

imgp7439.jpg

imgp7447.jpg

Ahhh... I hate to send them back for a re-fit.

Beautiful. I also hate to send them back.

Sep 15, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #4,420 of 10,747
Listening to the 13's is like being "jacked" by the Matrix, when these are screwed in our ears, it is an Off-World experience. We talk of clarity and extension and good balance so often that the Metaphor looses meaning after a while. These came along and will change all the descriptive adjectives we use in describing sound properties.

I'm using Custom Sources with a Hot-Rod version of the DNA Sonett (caps, wire and the AC rectification (was standard and primitive) all have been massaged with next gens on the input. NOS DR Driver with GZ34 Mullard for signal rectifier. Soon the transformers and volume pot will go the way of the doe-doe for something top-tier.

Macro dynamics go from 0 to D....A....M.....N authentically and naturally fast. The balance is as life with the the evil resonances from driver and frame that blurr the signal on standard phones, seem like vanishing vapor (was it ever there?). The treble is cleaner than even I thought possible. I love these guy's and I'm going to marry them come Spring. Your all invited to the wedding and we would like Music for gifts.

They arrived at my door two weeks from the day of order! I COULDN'T BE MORE PLEASED WITH THE SERVICE.

What we have to band together to do is lobby for longer cable lengths!

Sep 15, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #4,422 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hifidk, those look great. What color are they?

Just translucent black. I asked them to make it a bit darker than usual.

Sep 15, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #4,423 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you ultimately decide you don't like them because of being too flat, you could contact JH Audio and see if they'll exchange them for JH11's. The JH11's have dual woofers with a bass bump.

They do not let you upgrade or downgrade, as I tried to upgrade from the 5pro to the 10X3pro.

Sep 15, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #4,424 of 10,747
i must admit my level volumes on this fuze seem in excess. Anyone else own a fuze? I have found it sounds best at nearly 90% :S Though I think I may be going deaf , or i will be heh. I've been told this is a decent source. I may get a sr-71 amp for it, not sure If I want to yet.

It's the general concensus amping the jh13 doesn't really help much and if so we're talking very low gains?

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #4,425 of 10,747
On a happy note. Everyone should listen to Jason Mraz - Tonight not again live album with these phones. Lol damn good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back