JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Sep 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #4,366 of 10,747
Seriously, I don't understand what you guys are talking about, Mine stick out a bit too but as MaoDi said, how are they supposed know the right thickness?! That makes no sense at all.

Sep 12, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #4,370 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Eh Spud, the question wasn't directed at you but you're welcome to visit the Sennheiser IE8 Appreciation Thread to wise up.

Wise up? If you look at my signature you'll see I already own the IE8's and like I said they don't see too much daylight these days. Looking at your inventory you don't own the JH13's yet, glad to see you are visiting this appreciation thread in an effort to ''Wise up''
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #4,372 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wise up? If you look at my signature you'll see I already own the IE8's and like I said they don't see too much daylight these days. Looking at your inventory you don't own the JH13's yet, glad to see you are visiting this appreciation thread in an effort to ''Wise up''
wink.gif

You could buy 1098.0616666666666666666666666667 pairs of these for one pair of JH 13 pro
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #4,373 of 10,747
Quote:

wink.gif

You're completely missing the point of my posts here Spud. The first post was a tongue in cheek question for MadDog in response to his post in the Sennheiser IE8 Appreciation Thread. The second was to direct you to his post in that thread because you decided to weigh in here.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #4,374 of 10,747
you guys complaining of bad fit; perhaps you should complain to your audiologist considering the JH13 are a direct copy of them. as has been said JH dont have your ear there to make sure it sits flush in your ear and fits perfectly ; all they have are the impressions you sent them; good or bad. I mean of course JH can be responsible for errors too, but mostly I think errors have a root in the quality of the impressions they have to work with.

the fact that JH will work with you to find the right fit, for a period of months for nothing, even though the problem may not lie in their workmanship is a pretty good deal IMO. sure its easy for me to say since I got a good fit first time; well not 100% perfect on the right ear, its still very comfy and the sound/seal is perfect on both, but the left is a touch tighter and feels more snug. Both are flush with the ear and even. its not bothering me at the moment at all; but the fact that I have the option to do something about it is great. if anything I would maybe do the varnish thing and I couldnt see it taking more than a strategic single layer.

i mean I totally get wanting a perfect product when paying this sort of dollar value, but lets get a little perspective on the process and pitfalls thereof. JH seem to have much less refits than westone do and refits are pretty much par for the course unfortunately. some people get lucky first go and others dont. when preparing to get these I was warned by several members and friends to be ready for the fit to not be right first time an be ready for the possible costs of refits. luckily for me, I havent had to deal with that, but it should be factored into the price when deciding whether you can afford these. in fact some would say if you have to think about whether you can afford them..you cant

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #4,375 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're completely missing the point of my posts here Spud. The first post was a tongue in cheek question for MadDog in response to his post in the Sennheiser IE8 Appreciation Thread. The second was to direct you to his post in that thread because you decided to weigh in here.

Ah...... My bad, too subtle for me
redface.gif
. Please accept my apologies. I'll be sure to check that out.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #4,376 of 10,747
I'm wondering if mine don't go deep enough lol. They aren't touch my ear drum. This would be an issue with my audiologist. I'm going to take the iem's down to her and see what she thinks.

Can Anyone take a pic of their JH13's from behind. Like you are looking at the back of your head with them in. I'm curious to see the angle.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #4,378 of 10,747
Quote:

Ah...... My bad, too subtle for me
redface.gif
. Please accept my apologies. I'll be sure to check that out.

No problem Spud. I hope you don't mind me being so familiar. I just like saying/writing "Spud".
smile.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #4,380 of 10,747
That is how mine fit, pretty flush. The only time they don't fit is when I wake in the morning and I have been laying on one side of my head or the other so there is a little bit of local edema, which is normal. With a fluid shift I am fine. I also find that they seat the best after being in for 5 minutes or so and then the bass comes in and I am in heaven again. :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back