JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 29, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #2,536 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its gonna happen, mine will be here in a matter of 10 days. scheduled to be shipped within this week. and I will be balancing mine without doubt as an option for use with buff32

When did you order yours? Just want to see what the general time span takes. I've been biting my nails, waiting for my pair to finally come. I guess reading this thread doesn't help much either.

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #2,537 of 10,743
Out of very curiousity, anyone know why Jerry had to put JH Audio all the way across the whole United States from Ultimate Ears? hmmm...Couldn't he have just used a building across the street?
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #2,538 of 10,743
Given the apparent success of JH13 Pro, do you guys think UE will produce UE-13 Pro to beat JH? Should I wait and see or hit the button now?

Jul 29, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #2,539 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sending my UE-10's to Florida tomorrow to be scanned. Excited!
bigsmile_face.gif

i'm sure they'll be happy to go on vacation
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't decide on a color or texture. Most of you guys know me. Any suggestions?

yes, knowing you i think you should get pink on chartruse.
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #2,540 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by googleli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Given the apparent success of JH13 Pro, do you guys think UE will produce UE-13 Pro to beat JH? Should I wait and see or hit the button now?

Probably..but considering the JH11 is the supposedly the "properly done" UE-11...i'm not sure if a 13 from UE is going to match up to the JH13....

Jul 29, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #2,541 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamenthe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When did you order yours? Just want to see what the general time span takes. I've been biting my nails, waiting for my pair to finally come. I guess reading this thread doesn't help much either.

well I ordered them probably a month ago, but my impressions only got there nearly 3 weeks ago. payment was only sent last week. Jerry has kept to his stated schedule the whole way through. they have put more staff on and their throughput is increasing daily from what Jerry told me. so I guess you could expect to get them maybe 3 weeks from when you order them (given they have your impressions). maybe sooner.

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #2,542 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably..but considering the JH11 is the supposedly the "properly done" UE-11...i'm not sure if a 13 from UE is going to match up to the JH13....

considering they are still mainly trading on Jerry's designs anyway and havent put out anything much of note since; I think they will have a hard time even matching JH13 let alone bettering it. regardless of their budget

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #2,543 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well I ordered them probably a month ago, but my impressions only got there nearly 3 weeks ago. payment was only sent last week. Jerry has kept to his stated schedule the whole way through. they have put more staff on and their throughput is increasing daily from what Jerry told me. so I guess you could expect to get them maybe 3 weeks from when you order them (given they have your impressions). maybe sooner.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully they'll be in soon then. Can't wait to try my first customs.

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #2,544 of 10,743
yeah me too!! the wait is killing me, especially with all the jubilance/religious experiences reported in this thread every day. At least it's giving me some time to rethink my whole rig. i've now bought my new reference headphones (JH|13) reference dac (buffalo32) and now for the bits in between. not gonna make any decisions on that until these 2 bits arrive. unsure of how well the Buff32 will drive the JH|13 directly as they are quite low impedance; but will see how that goes.

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #2,545 of 10,743
Quote:

Out of very curiousity, anyone know why Jerry had to put JH Audio all the way across the whole United States from Ultimate Ears? hmmm...Couldn't he have just used a building across the street?
biggrin.gif

I actually asked him how he ended up in the Orlando area. There were a few factors involved, the most important being that there are two metropolitan areas in the US that have high numbers of skilled hearing aid/in-ear audio technicians: Minneapolis and Orlando. Minnesota was out for Jerry due to the weather issues so, Orlando was the winner. They used to have to hire staff at UE from these areas and then deal with the costs associated with moving technicians to Vegas and, later, California.

Factor in the added bonus of no state income tax in FL and the readily accessible small plane airports in Central Florida and you have a no-brainer decision.

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #2,546 of 10,743
Tried my JH13s with Phonitor.

Gosh just love that amp. Anyway the JH13 sounded fantastic on the SPL Phonitor. I compared it to K701 and ED8. Choose JH13 by a long mile for details and clarity, which is exactly what I look for...

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #2,547 of 10,743
Quote:

biggrin.gif

THe reason is simply because he is doing pilot intercoms too so how can he travel quickly across US if airport is on the other side. LOL.

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #2,549 of 10,743
Hey, guys, what do you think?...

So there's a machine that can scan your current customs, and from that scan a clone housing can be produced...lovely. So, why can't ears be scanned directly to create a digital impression?? Wouldn't it be more accurate and less time consuming that way? And certainly it would be a lot faster and cheaper to email a file of your ear impressions than to ship them to the lab. Makes sense, right?

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #2,550 of 10,743
how would you scan the inside of the ear? The scanner is just taking the iem inside a semi enclosed area and doing a 3d map of it into the computer just like a impression would. How would you do that with a ear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back