JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 29, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #2,552 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YouTube - Ultimate Ears Customize Part2 shows how they scan impressions and would scan a already done custom.

I'm no engineer or medical technician, but I'm sure they can figure out a convenient way to scan someone's ears. X-Ray, perhaps? A second of xray isn't going to give you brain cancer...fingers crossed. I don't know... Anything is possible, though.

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #2,553 of 10,743
You could get an MRI. That would cost and arm and a leg and somebody willing to order one for no medical reason whatsoever.
There is another technique used to measure the airway volume in the posterior pharynx called pharyngometry, but I don't think it could be used in the ear.
Bottom line is: the usual tehcnique used by audiologists is the cheapest, more accurate and effective way of doing it. (probably).

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #2,554 of 10,743
Gulp... I just sent my molds and my wallet to Jerry Harvey for my 13's. Thanks to all of you for sharing your impressions here. Curses to all of you for sharing your impressions here!

Jul 29, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #2,555 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...So there's a machine that can scan your current customs, and from that scan a clone housing can be produced...lovely. So, why can't ears be scanned directly to create a digital impression??

Because, as in belly buttons, you are comparing "innies" to "outies".

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #2,556 of 10,743
Does anyone else listen to these louder than what they would normally listen with other headphones?

Because of the amazing clarity and detail, I find myself cranking the volume to levels I don't usually listen to.

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #2,557 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried my JH13s with Phonitor.

Gosh just love that amp. Anyway the JH13 sounded fantastic on the SPL Phonitor. I compared it to K701 and ED8. Choose JH13 by a long mile for details and clarity, which is exactly what I look for...

That just could be my ultimate set up right there.

Nobody has one near me to try but thanks for the confidence in my quest.

Sceptre

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #2,558 of 10,743
Quote:

Hey, guys, what do you think?...

So there's a machine that can scan your current customs, and from that scan a clone housing can be produced...lovely. So, why can't ears be scanned directly to create a digital impression?? Wouldn't it be more accurate and less time consuming that way? And certainly it would be a lot faster and cheaper to email a file of your ear impressions than to ship them to the lab. Makes sense, right?

I guess the machine can move around your IEM easily. I bet it won't fit inside your ear and scan the walls (well at least for another 5 years) due to its size.

Sceptre

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #2,559 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone else listen to these louder than what they would normally listen with other headphones?

Because of the amazing clarity and detail, I find myself cranking the volume to levels I don't usually listen to.

I find that too.. I keep wanting more, More, MORE!

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #2,560 of 10,743
Quote:

Hey, guys, what do you think?...

So there's a machine that can scan your current customs, and from that scan a clone housing can be produced...lovely. So, why can't ears be scanned directly to create a digital impression?? Wouldn't it be more accurate and less time consuming that way? And certainly it would be a lot faster and cheaper to email a file of your ear impressions than to ship them to the lab. Makes sense, right?

you didnt think this through very far did you??
wink.gif
laser beams dont go around corners

Jul 30, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #2,562 of 10,743
lol no thats pretty solid. light isnt a technology we can make new better versions of. there may well be an adaptation of MRI or radar that becomes adapted for this purpose in the future; but I doubt it will involve lasers

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #2,563 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you didnt think this through very far did you??
wink.gif
laser beams dont go around corners

That's if assuming that I was referring to laser technology to scan ear canals; and even if did, it's obvious laser rays don't go around corners (unless a blackhole is nearby)...they do bounce, however. That's how computer mice and scanners scan things. I was thinking just now maybe something like that can be applied to scanning the outline of small concave spaces, such as ear canals. In any case, you guys should practice thinking with innovation in mind; who said anything about shoving a giant scanning machine into your ears? Have you guys forgotten how desktop computer technology gradually changed into laptops...and then even smaller laptops...and then handheld PCs? As I say, anything is possible!

EDIT: I said "changed into". I meant "led to".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back