JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 28, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #2,506 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My JH13Pro now fit great, look great, and of course sound great. Now I can get working on finishing my 3-way review since I have a proper fit and everything!

HeadphoneAddict
727_smiley_whipping_a_whip.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember to give the 500 hour burn in before you review.

jamato8
779_shooting.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #2,507 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mean how many places would people be putting up images of their ears? We are a strange lot. Nice IEM's! LOL

So when did you get them back? They didn't fit correctly? Remember to give the 500 hour burn in before you review.

All I do is sit here like a toad and listen while I see Amy's mouth moving but I can't hear the words. Then I see her beating on the wall and finally feeling the vibrations of walls I slowly break from my trance and acknowledge her presence, for the moment, and then return to my dazed state.

The first set was a bit loose, but with a bit of effort I could get a seal and try to hold it by clamping my jaws shut, but isolation was poor.

Jerry offered to scan my UE11pro which fit better, to make a new shell, and he and Adam cracked up when they saw the "beer in a mug" design on the UE11Pro that I sent in. Apparently Adam designed that for J. Summers w/Rolling Stones a few years ago. So, he wanted to do something fun with the artwork on my JH13Pro.

I gave them free license to do whatever they wanted with the art, and to surprise me. So, I didn't know how they would look till they showed up here. They came back while I was at the Denver meet and my wife gave them to me on Sunday, with a perfect fit and smokin' artwork.

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #2,508 of 10,743
All you guys get to go to the meets. Where are the images of equipment and stuff in/on the ears?

Ok I found them, the images.

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #2,510 of 10,743
JHA pics.

Flammin' marvelous.

Well done JHA.

Can we see a market of clip on covers for your JH13s?
What mood are you in today? Flames or beer or jewled or . . . .get it?
It would be more than $50 a set but offers a nice extra revenue stream for JHA.

I'm in for retrospective clip on 'grills'

Sceptre

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #2,514 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying to compare a great stat like the Big O to a great IEM like the 13's, is like comparing a Lamborghini Countach to a Roll's Silver Shadow.

Both are top in their class but not comparable. They serve different purposes and use different means to do so.

While there are major differences in the presentations of different types of headphones and speakers, I reject the consensus that they’re not comparable. There are fundamental elements of sound reproduction that are universal. HPA was comparing detail retrieval, image precision, and bass extension; all performance characteristics that operate independently of presentation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, or like comparing either to great speakers.

Wait, didn’t you already compare the JH-13s to high end studio monitors?

Seriously, why can’t someone compare JH-13s to speakers regarding performance attributes like detail retrieval?

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #2,515 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could these be your first IEMs tigon_ridge?

Likely, but perhaps not. I thought about it, and maybe I could be just as happy with a JH10x3 or ES3X with a relatively inexpensive dac/amp. Depending on what HPA thinks of the raw technical specification of the JH13, I may or may not go all out and do something insane like: << Desktop Power Supply >> Ultra Desktop DAC -> Balanced Ultra Desktop Amp -> balanced terminated JH13 or ES3X.

LOL I'm just joking! I've already made my my mind about DACs and amps...that I don't want to spend more than $600 on them. I'm not an audiophile, I just want to be swept away by music. Pico DAC and a suitable amp should be more than enough. Honestly, my reason for going for custom over universal has more to do with comfort and isolation than SQ. I have never tried any earplug that doesn't create discomfort after a little while, so I suspect 'universal' tips won't be much better for me.

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #2,516 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by nnotis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, why can’t someone compare JH-13s to speakers regarding performance attributes like detail retrieval?

Okay I'll compare it.

In regards to detail retrieval, no speaker/monitor I've ever heard compares to the JH-13. Not even close.

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #2,517 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by nnotis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, didn’t you already compare the JH-13s to high end studio monitors?

I'm not saying that they don't perform on similar levels. I agreed with immtbiker that they are different types of product, for different uses. As much as I love my JH13, I'd still like to have a high-end studio monitor setup for times when I would rather use speakers. Or a high-end 7.1 audio system for movies. Etc.

Just as an Ariel Atom and a Ferrari 612 might both be incredible performers, they have different uses. I can't have a bunch of friends over to listen to my JH13. I can't take my studio monitor system on a plane, or out in the back-country.

I meant my statement in terms of usage, not performance. At this point, I've never heard a headphone I'd rather listen to than my JH13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back