JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 22, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #2,281 of 10,745
Wow! this is interesting. Please guys, keep chiming in on using these in your main headphone rigs. Mine is right by my bed so if the JH13s are good enough or my preference it would be nice to get some improvement from being able to use that gear. Otherwise, all the time and investment in my system may be a waste. As it is right now, I really like my PS1000s so the JH13's have a huge task in front of them. The PS1000's will be a tough out.

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #2,282 of 10,745
That would be great, the 13's and the B52.

It just shows what heights these monitors can scale. I am using the Woo 6 right now. Very spacious and the guitars "sing" cymbals have a very nice brassy quality. Zero hiss.

Jul 22, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #2,284 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanc85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH13 Users,
Can you guys hear someone talking to you when JH13 is in your ear?

As this is my first custom monitor, I am not sure whether I am having perfect seal or not.

You probably shouldn't be able to hear much when music is playing (depending on the music and volume). With no music, you will likely be able to hear people speaking.

Jul 22, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #2,285 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kclone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As it is right now, I really like my PS1000s so the JH13's have a huge task in front of them. The PS1000's will be a tough out.

That will be a tough nut to crack. The PS1000 has so much bass, and is so far removed from neutral, I wonder how well you'd adapt to the JH13. Of course it's uncanny clarity and realism might win you over yet
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #2,286 of 10,745
Quote:

JH13 Users,

As this is my first custom monitor, I am not sure whether I am having perfect seal or not.

First train trip with JHA13Pro today. They isolate way better than the IE8s with ACS customs. I have a few custom molds for motorcycle noise reduction. I would put the noise reduction at about 22dB. That means that you an gear talking but you will have no idea whether you are shouting or whispering back. I am happy that they do not go to 30+dB reduction as they would give me a too detached feeling when out and about.

Sounds like you have a good seal.

Sceptre

PS I didn't even go on about the best sound reproduction I have ever experienced on the train and tube did I.

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #2,287 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kclone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
question for the owners of the JH13. I have read this entire thread, or keep up with it every day. I thought I read, but do not want to take to the time to go back through it, that some are using the JH13 with home base non portable setups. I realize they sound great out of just the ipods, zunes, itouch ect... My question is do these scale up with better gear in front or is it not very noticeable? For example, if I put the Isabellina DAC and EAR HP 4 in front, would that be overkill?

kclone, I have actually done more listening on my RSA Apache office rig than on my iMod. Yes, they scale, yes they continue to kick *****. These reveal equipment differences that can be surprisingly not subtle.

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #2,289 of 10,745
The JH13Pro scale up with better DACs and AMPs, but you really only need something on the level of the Pico to get excellent sound out of them. Compare that to my HD800 which need a $2500 amp to sound their best. I plan to try the JH13Pro with my ZDT later...
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #2,290 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have used the 13's with my modified Woo 6 and zero hiss. I do prefer the sound though from the d10.

Thanks, I can't wait to get my impression done. How do you compare D10 and SR-71A?

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #2,291 of 10,745
Quote:

JH13 Users,

I'm sure you'll find this quite useful: Sensaphonics / Seal Test

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #2,292 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I can't wait to get my impression done. How do you compare D10 and SR-71A?

They both sound good with the 13's. I have just changed the buffers in the D10, which changed the sound quite a bit and have not compared the two again. The 13's also sound very good with the Shadow.

Jul 22, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #2,293 of 10,745
Quote:

They both sound good with the 13's. I have just changed the buffers in the D10, which changed the sound quite a bit and have not compared the two again. The 13's also sound very good with the Shadow.

Thanks again, I may just have to buy the SR-71A again. I missed it very much, but I'm holding back until both Pico Slim and Shadow release.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #2,294 of 10,745
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks again, I may just have to buy the SR-71A again. I missed it very much, but I'm holding back until both Pico Slim and Shadow release.

Some of these amps are getting so small but pack so much power. The Shadow runs for maybe 50 hours and can power my full headphones and is a joy with the 13's. The new iBasso T3 also does a great job. The Shadow is about 11mm or just over a half an inch shorter than the T3, a little thicker and a little wider so all these amps are getting [size=xx-small]Little[/size] but sound so good and so very convient.

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #2,295 of 10,745
Quote:

The 13's also sound very good with the Shadow.

John, i hope this isn't an inappropriate question in the public forum, but how is it that you have a Shadow? per my discussion with Ray he doesn't even have cases yet, let alone having the amps in production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back