JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #2,296 of 10,747
Jul 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #2,297 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John, i hope this isn't an inappropriate question in the public forum, but how is it that you have a Shadow? per my discussion with Ray he doesn't even have cases yet, let alone having the amps in production.

This is a finished board but the cases aren't done. I am testing and giving feedback on it. I am testing it with a number of different headphones, and of course the JH13's.

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #2,298 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spoke to Jerry today, twice actually, and he said he could scan my UE-10's to get a fit for my ears without taking another impression.
I will send them to him (1 week turn around time), and soon enough, I will be another proud, satisfied owner of another high quality pair of JH-13's.
I am very excited about this, because out of all of my headphones, my IEM's consist of 80% of my musical listening time, due to work travel.
I can't wait! I feel kind of guilty though, because my UE-10's have given me 100's of hours of musical bliss, all the while, asking for nothing in return. I will have to keep them in heavy rotation, so they don't get jealous.
redface.gif

Aaron, it'll be very interesting to hear your impressions of how these two Jerry creations compare.

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #2,299 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a finished board but the cases aren't done. I am testing and giving feedback on it. I am testing it with a number of different headphones, and of course the JH13's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
daveDerek, Ray sold him a pre-production unit. It has no chassis. See John's thread here:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/r...xy-amp-432508/

thanks for the clarifications guys, and especially thanks for the link - that's always very informative.

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #2,300 of 10,747
Took some more photos. This time with the UE11's, too.

UE11 is trans black, JH13 is clear with 25% trans black.

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #2,302 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which trans black looks better to you, Adam?

I'd have to go with the lighter color of the 13's. I like being able to see inside... and it's almost frustrating I can't quite see into my UE11's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #2,306 of 10,747
Just went by Jerry's lab in Apopka to have my impressions done this afternoon! Jerry was, as usual, totally hospitable and willing to answer all manner silly questions. Truly a great guy! So, I'm now buying "Aural Sex" from a really awesome dude. Do I need to tell my wife?
tongue.gif

I feel like I don't really belong in this thread, however, because I think I might be ordering the JH-10x3's. I haven't filled out the order form yet, so I guess I can still be convinced otherwise, but with budget and aforementioned wife (who controls the budget) in the mix, I have to compromise somewhere.

I spent some time this afternoon listening to the 10x3 demos, and I have to tell you, I think they sounded just incredible.

For those of you who have heard both (especially in production, custom form), I would love to hear your impressions on how they compare. Jerry had really encouraging things to say about the 10x3's, and my ears certainly agreed.

But, there is still that part of me that wants to have the "best of the best", so to speak, so I guess I've still got one butt-cheek on the fence.

Would love to hear any thoughts anyone might have.

Thanks!

(And another "shout out" to Brittany. Nice meeting you today!)

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #2,308 of 10,747
I've listened to both in custom form, and actually the 10x3 at first before I got my 13's. Both are truly outstanding headphones, with the 13 having a more impactfull (punchier) bass and a bigger soundstage. The highs also go a bit higher (but not sibilant or painfull)

I'm glad I got my 13's but if I had paid the price of the 13's and gotten the 10x3's I still would've thought they were worth every penny.

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #2,309 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've listened to both in custom form, and actually the 10x3 at first before I got my 13's. Both are truly outstanding headphones, with the 13 having a more impactfull (punchier) bass and a bigger soundstage. The highs also go a bit higher (but not sibilant or painfull)

I'm glad I got my 13's but if I had paid the price of the 13's and gotten the 10x3's I still would've thought they were worth every penny.

...What we've just concluded is the 10X3 is worth $1099....that i think is scary cause the $799 must be a bargain then =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back