JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 23, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #2,311 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't feed the troll, guys. I've deleted his post and your responses. Just report such nonsense in the future rather than derail a thread.

My fault, contacted Jude about him already.

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #2,312 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by spleisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But, there is still that part of me that wants to have the "best of the best", so to speak, so I guess I've still got one butt-cheek on the fence.

Would love to hear any thoughts anyone might have.

I don't have either but, reading your post, it seems to me that, as marvelous as the 10X3 may be, you'll never be content with them, as you'll keep thinking about what you're missing for not having chosen the "best of of the best."

If it can help, try to decide on what you can cut down or do without in order to save the difference. If you agree on enough savings here and there (and keep your word), your wife may be more likely not to rip your heart out, cook it in its juice, and sell it to a specialized restaurant.

Just saying.

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #2,313 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've listened to both in custom form, and actually the 10x3 at first before I got my 13's. Both are truly outstanding headphones, with the 13 having a more impactfull (punchier) bass and a bigger soundstage. The highs also go a bit higher (but not sibilant or painfull)

I'm glad I got my 13's but if I had paid the price of the 13's and gotten the 10x3's I still would've thought they were worth every penny.

Well that doesn't help me get my rear off the fence, LOL.

Actually, I really do think I will enjoy the 10x3. My only concern is that bass impact I keep hearing about on the 13's. That is SO enticing to me! I will say though, that when I listenened to the 10x3 demos today (and that was a universal demo) they were anything but lacking in bass.

With me, it just that fear that I am going to be wondering "what if". But I must say that I loved the sound of the 10x3's.

Here's the other issue. I know that once I go down this path, this is not the only purchase I am going to need to make.

Somehow I don't think my FiiO and Nano are going to cut it.

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #2,314 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have either but, reading your post, it seems to me that, as marvelous as the 10X3 may be, you'll never be content with them, as you'll keep thinking about what you're missing for not having chosen the "best of of the best."

If it can help, try to decide on what you can cut down or do without in order to save the difference. If you agree on enough savings here and there (and keep your word), your wife may be more likely not to rip your heart out, cook it in its juice, and sell it to a specialized restaurant.

Just saying.

What are you doing inside my head? That's exactly the thought process that may lead me to buy the JH-13's. The trouble is, it's not a particularly rational way of making a decision that involves a ton of money.

Ahh, well. Jerry just e-mailed me my order form. The way I see it, it's time to remove buttocks from fence. Hmmmmmm

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #2,315 of 10,747
I had earlier stated that while the Woo 6 drove the 13's fine it wasn't my favorite amp with them. Well I haven't been using the Woo 6 so I let it stay on all day today. I was wrong, with the caps getting some current and voltage on them the sound has come together very well. The amp adds that open, powerful and dynamic drive that the 13's convey right to my ears. Great stuff.

I forgot to put my Monica II dac on pure battery power, which I now have it. It opens up the Monica even more and the sound becomes more "pure". The dynamics are killer on uncompressed music like some of the live Grateful Dead albums like "The Dead Set". I can't turn the music as loud because the dynamic range is so great. Pretty impressive.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #2,316 of 10,747
Quote:

Just saying.

sorry to OT again. no one is interested in 11pro and 10pro?

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #2,317 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm i think it's mostly the Jh13 and the 10X3...no idea why

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #2,318 of 10,747
I quite liked the JH11s at CanJam, and seriously thought about them for a bit, since it seemed to correct my one occasional gripe with my UE11s. But considering the price of both was already on the hefty side, and the 13, even in universal form, was clearly a better iem, the small difference in price between the two made it silly not to get the 13s since I was going to make the investment anyway. I'm guessing others might also have had similar reasoning. I didn't listen to the 10X3s.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #2,319 of 10,747
Quote:

Not personally, no. If I go with JH Audio, I'll either pick the JH13 (top of the line) or, if I'm afraid I may break it before I've had my money's worth, the JH5 (bottom of the line). I'm more likely not to regret my choice thus than with any middle ground.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #2,320 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I quite liked the JH11s at CanJam, and seriously thought about them for a bit, since it seemed to correct my one occasional gripe with my UE11s. But considering the price of both was already on the hefty side, and the 13, even in universal form, was clearly a better iem, the small difference in price between the two made it silly not to get the 13s since I was going to make the investment anyway. I'm guessing others might also have had similar reasoning. I didn't listen to the 10X3s.

so the UE11 and JH11 is somewhat similar?

looks like jerry is making alot of JH13pro or maybe JH5pro. since its a custom, most people would go for 13 or try out with 5. hmm...

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #2,321 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm i think it's mostly the Jh13 and the 10X3...no idea why

I have a feeling it is because they are the ones with an equal number of drivers for each purpose. 2 mids 2 tweets 2 bass drivers(jh13) or one bass one mid and one tweet (jh10x3) vs the other models which have 2 bass 1 mid 1 tweet or 2 ways with two bass and one tweet etc... the jh5pro is simplest and interesting too with one driver for lows and one for highs which eases the mind of OC types
biggrin.gif
The proof is all in the listening though but without impressions for all of them yet, the 13,10x3,and 5 are the ones that interest me most.

Quote:

so the UE11 and JH11 is somewhat similar?

looks like jerry is making alot of JH13pro or maybe JH5pro. since its a custom, most people would go for 13 or try out with 5. hmm...

Thats what I'm doing. I already sent the order form for the 5pro

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #2,324 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH13=Nothing
JH11=UE11
JH10X3=ES3X
JH10=UE10
JH7=UE7/ES2
JH5=UE5

Some people will agreed with this:

UE11=ES3X in som way maybe better
smily_headphones1.gif
))

so
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #2,325 of 10,747
Quote:

Just saying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spleisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you doing inside my head? That's exactly the thought process that may lead me to buy the JH-13's. The trouble is, it's not a particularly rational way of making a decision that involves a ton of money.

spleisher, it's a very rational way of making a decision, on a couple of counts. since it's a custom and therefore you're 'stuck' with it it's cheaper to buy once and not have to deal with doubts, regrets, and upgraditis. as to sinocelt's 'heart felt' observation, self preservation is a very rational decision!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back