JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 20, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #2,192 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is not a lot more for the record it is a slight difference in volume play not like you need to change gains or max out the pot or anything
biggrin.gif

Your right there is no need to change gain. If your just looking for micro adjustment there is plenty of room to expand.

Jul 20, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #2,193 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For impressions, I think it's most important to keep your jaw still and relaxed after the goo has entered your ears.

It is very important, I moved on the first set I had made. After they were pulled from my ears the audiologist noticed it right away and to do the process all over The second time I was real still and they came out fine. If you move it will leave imperfections in your impressions.

Jul 20, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #2,196 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you give us an idea of the dimensions of the bite block so that we can find something similar in case the audiologist does not provide one? Thanks.

I believe that the one JH used (which is the same as the ones I have used with other audiologists) is the same as pictured below. It was roughly 1" on the side I was biting -- the height in the image attached.

Jul 20, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #2,197 of 10,743
Sorry if this has already been asked (I am going to try and read the whole thread, eventually), but does anyone know if they can take my pair of UE-10's and make a reverse impression of them so I don't have to take a chance with the audiologist since my UE's fit perfectly?

Jul 20, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #2,198 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if this has already been asked (I am going to try and read the whole thread, eventually), but does anyone know if they can take my pair of UE-10's and make a reverse impression of them so I don't have to take a chance with the audiologist since my UE's fit perfectly?

I believe they can. Give Jerry a call.

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #2,199 of 10,743
Yes they can, someone on this thread has already sent there customs to Jerry. They can use the same process they use for the impressions you send in.

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #2,200 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For impressions, I think it's most important to keep your jaw still and relaxed after the goo has entered your ears.

and if you are getting an open mouth impression with a bite block, having a paper towel, napkin or kerchief to police up the drool.
icon10.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #2,201 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you look at the 3-way comparison in the ES3X thread, it mentions that the JH13 takes significantly more power to drive than the ES3X or UE11 to get equal sound volume. So I would assume it takes significantly more power to drive than a UM3X as well.

(It likely has to do with having 6 drivers. The impedence is spread across all 6 drivers.)

Though it is interesting to note that the UE11, having 1 more driver than the UE10, is more sensitive...

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #2,202 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think Larry did this for his pair.

I've been keeping up with this thread since page 10 or so, and I'm wondering, what are the cons of the 13's? All I've seen people talk about are the pros. There HAS to be something wrong with 'em... right?

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #2,203 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by makotype /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been keeping up with this thread since page 10 or so, and I'm wondering, what are the cons of the 13's? All I've seen people talk about are the pros. There HAS to be something wrong with 'em... right?

Con: They cost a lot?
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #2,204 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by belac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do have comfort and a seal, just seems like not as good a fit on the left side.

I did the bite block as well and my left side doesn't get a good seal too. Actually, I spent another hour doing seal comparisons with my ES3X (did with closed mouth impressions) and the JH13s almost feel loose in comparison and way more sound leaks in.

I'm wondering if I should get new impressions done or to send in my ES3X to have them scanned. Did any of you do closed mouth impressions for your JH13?

Jul 20, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #2,205 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by makotype /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't hear my wife when I'm wearing them.

No, wait...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back