JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 20, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #2,177 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
belac,

If you have comfort and a seal,
give it a week and see how you feel.

I do have comfort and a seal, just seems like not as good a fit on the left side.

Jul 20, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #2,178 of 10,743
If your awe remains real...
Then you made a good deal.

Oh, I thought we were rhyming now...
popcorn.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #2,180 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious. For those that have their JH13 with perfect fit, did you guys use a bite block, closed mouth, full open mouth, slightly open mouth, or chewing while getting your impressions?

I need to get a refit on my JH13s so kind of thinking of what to do if I get new impressions done.

I had my impressions done by Jerry and Tone(y) at JHA's shop and they had me use a foam bite block. FWIW, the block was horizontal, not vertical. They did the impressions as deep as possible and the length of the finished IEMs reflects that depth. No fit issues at all -- and these are my 4th set of IEMs.

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #2,181 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had my impressions done by Jerry and Tone(y) at JHA's shop and they had me use a foam bite block. FWIW, the block was horizontal, not vertical. They did the impressions as deep as possible and the length of the finished IEMs reflects that depth. No fit issues at all -- and these are my 4th set of IEMs.

Can you give us an idea of the dimensions of the bite block so that we can find something similar in case the audiologist does not provide one? Thanks.

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #2,182 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. JH13
2. JH10x3 (universal fit demo)
3. ES3X
4. UE11

I am trying to make time for an in-depth review to flesh out the rationale in those rankings

Yeees?
redface.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #2,183 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you give us an idea of the dimensions of the bite block so that we can find something similar in case the audiologist does not provide one? Thanks.

The bite blocks my audiologist used were polystyrene tapered blocks.

The part I bit on was under an inch thick. About as thick as my thumb. 21mm if that helps.

Regards

Sceptre

PS, JHA13Pros landed in UK on Friday morning. UPS now playing 'tennis' with them passing them from airport to depot and then another depot. They have passed my house by air and road 4 times now!

Maybe tomorrow, maybe someday - Pretenders

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #2,185 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone using Mustang with JH13? With 28 Ohms, does it have much play on the volume knob? I current have UM3X and I rarely pass 9 oclock, I want to order one in the near future but concern on the volume adjustment.

If you look at the 3-way comparison in the ES3X thread, it mentions that the JH13 takes significantly more power to drive than the ES3X or UE11 to get equal sound volume. So I would assume it takes significantly more power to drive than a UM3X as well.

(It likely has to do with having 6 drivers. The impedence is spread across all 6 drivers.)

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #2,186 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you look at the 3-way comparison in the ES3X thread, it mentions that the JH13 takes significantly more volume to drive than the ES3X or UE11. So I would assume it takes significantly more power to drive than a UM3X as well.

(It likely has to do with having 6 drivers. The impedence is spread across all 6 drivers.)

Good point
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #2,187 of 10,743
I'm currently using the P-51 and I have it set between 9 and 10 oclock, but I like to listen a little on the loud side. I don't see a problem. If I crank mine up any more it would blow me away.

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #2,190 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is not a lot more for the record it is a slight difference in volume play not like you need to change gains or max out the pot or anything
biggrin.gif

I do prefer to have the pot around 10-12 with some micro adjustments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back