JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #361 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I did my impressions yesterday. I'm looking into ordering next week. But I'm still unsure... What do you think? Should I go for a 2 drivers JH-5 or a 3 drivers Fidelity/Livewires?

I mean, drivers count can't be the only measure of quality right?

I don't ascribe to the "more drivers, the better" school of thought, either. It would seem the potential for something going wrong is increased six-fold. And, it would also seem more difficult to make a six-driver unit sound organically whole.

In the speaker world (most of my experience) a two-way monitor often sounds more coherent than a three or four-way loudspeaker. Often, but not always.

When designed properly, a three or four-way loudspeaker will do everything the monitor does, but add a sense of "ease" and "fullness" throughout the entire frequency range, making (for me) a more pleasant listening experience.

My guess (and hope), as I'm still seriously considering picking up a pair of these, is that JH13's fall into this category.

Jun 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #363 of 10,747
I just got back from Jerry's shop and the JH13 Pro sounded amazing. I had a great discussion with Jerry about his products and it's obvious he's very passionate about what he does. You can rest assured this guy knows what he's doing when it comes to sound.

I saw all your impressions neatly organized and ready to go. I believe he got in the last driver that he's been waiting on (not positive though). Anyway,hopefully it will only be a few weeks until some of you have the product in your hand. I'll give some of my impressions of the 13 pro later.

Here is the universal demo:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21...b9/p_00076.jpg

Jun 13, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #364 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got back from Jerry's shop and the JH13 Pro sounded amazing. I had a great discussion with Jerry about his products and it's obvious he's very passionate about what he does. You can rest assured this guy knows what he's doing when it comes to sound.

I saw all your impressions neatly organized and ready to go. I believe he got in the last driver that he's been waiting on (not positive though). Anyway,hopefully it will only be a few weeks until some of you have the product in your hand. I'll give some of my impressions of the 13 pro later.

Here is the universal demo:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21...b9/p_00076.jpg

I don't suppose you guys talked about him offering the option of 'recasting' the customs later on for a fee (like what westone does) to mold them for a new ear?

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #365 of 10,747
What do you guys think of this portable rig? I'm leaving headfi after I get this rig I hope
smily_headphones1.gif

Imod/DIYmod -> DIY silver LOD/ALO LOD -> Pico/Pico Slim -> JH|13

Jun 13, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #367 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't suppose you guys talked about him offering the option of 'recasting' the customs later on for a fee (like what westone does) to mold them for a new ear?

I did he said he can work something out if the situations arises but he then also said that he has never had anyone approach him with that issues in the 14 years he has been in the business
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #368 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by TXMUSCLE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you guys think of this portable rig? I'm leaving headfi after I get this rig I hope
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds like you will be all done and ready to leave - but maybe you'd stick around and share your thoughts about it too.

Jun 13, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #369 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by TXMUSCLE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

haha seems a similar rig as me. only source different
smily_headphones1.gif
we can then compare the difference of the rig and our preference hehe... Most likely it will be our last upgrade for a long time.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #370 of 10,747
I'll be doing a similar rig.. imod, copper LOD, slim, jh-13
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did he said he can work something out if the situations arises but he then also said that he has never had anyone approach him with that issues in the 14 years he has been in the business
smily_headphones1.gif

Its not that there would be any issues.. I'm just wondering if he'll offer the service so that .. in a way.. these can gain some resale value when he unleashed the JH-15 or the JH-13i sometime later and the bug bites again
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #371 of 10,747
well but what I said I meant he will be willing to do it but I do not know what he will be offering price wise. I would not be counting on anything in selling terms but more if you need to get them redone after a few years when your ears grow.

Jun 14, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #372 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

His usual customers must be rich enough that they just buy new pairs when the old ones don't fit right anymore.

Jun 14, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #373 of 10,747
I think someone mentioned this video earlier in this thread but here is the link to the Tekzilla video that mentions the JH Audio customs (including showing off Kobe Bryant's own custom UE pair that I thought was kind of cool, whether you like the Lakers or not
tongue.gif
).

Headphones from $20 to $1400

EDIT: I figured for those that don't want to watch the video, here's a screenshot of Kobe Bryant's UE pair:

KobeBryantsJH13.jpg

Jun 14, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #374 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think someone mentioned this video earlier in this thread but here is the link to the Tekzilla video that mentions the JH Audio customs (including showing off Kobe Bryant's own custom pair that I thought was kind of cool, whether you like the Lakers or not
tongue.gif
).

Headphones from $20 to $1400

EDIT: I figured for those that don't want to watch the video, here's a screenshot of Kobe Bryant's pair:

KobeBryantsJH13.jpg

Actually those are UEs. You can see pictures of his customs as well as other atheltes and celebrities customs on UE's site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back