JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 11, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #331 of 10,747
Now that I have my hd800, i would like an IEM that sounds like them.

How would you describe the sound signature of these?
From what I heard, they seem like they are a combination of bass heavy phone like ah-7000 and at the same time possess the detail and clarity of the hd800.

I just fear that the bass is going overpower everything else like the ue11...but then the ue11 has dual bass but not the dual midrange and treble so I'm sure the jh13 is more balanced but what full size headphone does these sound like?

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #333 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is nothing bass heavy about what I heard from the JH13. Bass-heavy to me would be the UE11. The JH13 sounded very balanced, if not close to neutral, much like the HD800.

thanks iron dreamer.
It's so hard to justify another $1000 after the hd800. Especially because i have the ue11 which i regretted. But the jh13 is really sounding great to me.

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #334 of 10,747
I understand what you mean there. If you have enough use that the HD800 and JH13 would get plenty of play time, then it's one thing. But if you'd be basically using one or the other, then it would be really hard to justify. The HD800 is definitely nothing to sneeze at, definitely the best dynamic headphone in current production, and one of the 20 best headphones I've ever heard (which is just about all the important ones).

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #335 of 10,747
Then again, its not unheard of that JH-13 might be all that you need.

I remember nc8000 selling his L3000 because he prefered the ER-4P (balanced) and its sound signature
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #336 of 10,747
yes but then he bought LA2000 and loved them, but had to sell them because they leaked too much for his partner.
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #339 of 10,747
I think I have to agree on custom IEMs over full-sized headphones. So many more opportunities to listen. On a plane, at work, in bed right next to my wife. I'd love to hear the HD800s, but I'd only be able to listen at my computer.

I won the UE-10s at CanJam 07, and thought there was no way for sound to get better. Then I succumbed to the hype of the UE-11s, and agreed with it. Love them, and thought there was no way for sound to get better. Now I'm reading that JH-13s are much better. I'm tempted. Man I wish I could trade in these customs for an upgrade.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #340 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the wait could be longer than expected. I have sent multiple emails to Brittany asking for estimate production/shipping dates with no answer. Anyone have any news?

Same here. Let's see, I used to use a device before the net called a phone. i am sure I have one here somewhere. Will definitely find it by tomorrow to give her a call. Gotta find something to do since my impressions appointment isn't until Monday morning.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #341 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here. Let's see, I used to use a device before the net called a phone. i am sure I have one here somewhere. Will definitely find it by tomorrow to give her a call. Gotta find something to do since my impressions appointment isn't until Monday morning.

for the record you are better off emailing Jerry directly for communication I don't think Brittany even uses the email but Jerry responds very quickly to any questions asked.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #342 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt8268 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I have to agree on custom IEMs over full-sized headphones. So many more opportunities to listen. On a plane, at work, in bed right next to my wife. I'd love to hear the HD800s, but I'd only be able to listen at my computer.

I won the UE-10s at CanJam 07, and thought there was no way for sound to get better. Then I succumbed to the hype of the UE-11s, and agreed with it. Love them, and thought there was no way for sound to get better. Now I'm reading that JH-13s are much better. I'm tempted. Man I wish I could trade in these customs for an upgrade.

In a way I feel guilty that I prefer IEM's because I know that they usually can't match full-sized headphones on a cost basis and if you're using them at home, your cost/value ratio is poor relative to a home setup.

On the other hand, the higher technology-dependent aspect of the portable domain has allowed this segment of audio to develop at a rapid clip. The margin of difference in sound quality between the best portable setups and a good home setup is decreasing over time. I think the HifiMan is another step in that direction.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #343 of 10,747
I have a couple of portable rigs now that approach and in some ways equal my very fine, very modified Woo 6. With my ESW 10's and hopefully the JH13 Pro, I will be a happy camper on the fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back