JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Apr 17, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #10,636 of 10,745
  Congrats! I got mine about a month ago. It now takes up 100% of my portable ear time and 40% of my home ear time. Don't freak out if it makes your tracks sound different in different ways; when I got mine, I was weirded out by how they could make certain tracks sound bass heavy and while they make others sound lean and clear.

Thanks =D!

And I wont freak out =P! After swapping between an LCD-2 and a HD700, nothing can surprise me anymore ._.!

Dear god does the HD700 sound tinny after using the LCD-2....

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #10,637 of 10,745

Thanks =D!

And I wont freak out =P! After swapping between an LCD-2 and a HD700, nothing can surprise me anymore ._.!

Dear god does the HD700 sound tinny after using the LCD-2....

Ohhh I would love to hear your comparative impressions of the LCD2 (fazor version?) and the JH13 when you get it!

I've been in the lookout for an open headphone that I can use at home which is smooth sounding to complement the JH13's fun sounding forwardness. So far, most signs point towards the LCD2 ($1k range).

Apr 18, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #10,638 of 10,745
  Ohhh I would love to hear your comparative impressions of the LCD2 (fazor version?) and the JH13 when you get it!

I've been in the lookout for an open headphone that I can use at home which is smooth sounding to complement the JH13's fun sounding forwardness. So far, most signs point towards the LCD2 ($1k range).

Oh don't you worry, I'll give you my impressions of the JH13fp in regards to the LCD-2 =D! I loved my LCD-2's to death, the only reason I parted with them is because I'm barely at home anymore, so the closest sound signature I could find was the JH13's!

Expect a reply on Wednesday :B.

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #10,639 of 10,745

Oh don't you worry, I'll give you my impressions of the JH13fp in regards to the LCD-2 =D! I loved my LCD-2's to death, the only reason I parted with them is because I'm barely at home anymore, so the closest sound signature I could find was the JH13's!

Expect a reply on Wednesday :B.

Thanks! I look forward to it ^_^

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #10,641 of 10,745
  Thanks! I look forward to it ^_^

Well, I've listened to them for around a total of 6 hours, the short listening time is due to the fact that I'm waiting till funds allow a FiiO X5 or a HM-650.

So far, the sound signature reminds me of the LCD-2 quite a lot actually, which surprised me! the major differences being it has a smaller soundstage and a slight tendency to be sibilant at times, though I attribute that sibilance to my Source/Amplification, because when I ran them through a FiiO x5, the highs were smoothed out and the mid range became quite lush.

People say the JH13FP tends to be bass light, that cannot be further from the truth ;-;! I've owned both the Westone UM30 and the Sennheiser IE80, both are known to have quite a lot of punch and depth in the Bass department ( The IE80's have too much bass mind you, which is why I sold them) , and the JH13FP rivals them in both aspects. Clean, Tight, and fast as **** without being overwhelming is what the JH13FP's Bass brings to mind.

More impressions to come!

And please excuse my poor sentence structuring, It's 12 am over here and I've nodded off twice writing this reply.

Bleh.

Making a video review once I get a portable player.

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #10,642 of 10,745

Well, I've listened to them for around a total of 6 hours, the short listening time is due to the fact that I'm waiting till funds allow a FiiO X5 or a HM-650.

So far, the sound signature reminds me of the LCD-2 quite a lot actually, which surprised me! the major differences being it has a smaller soundstage and a slight tendency to be sibilant at times, though I attribute that sibilance to my Source/Amplification, because when I ran them through a FiiO x5, the highs were smoothed out and the mid range became quite lush.

People say the JH13FP tends to be bass light, that cannot be further from the truth ;-;! I've owned both the Westone UM30 and the Sennheiser IE80, both are known to have quite a lot of punch and depth in the Bass department ( The IE80's have too much bass mind you, which is why I sold them) , and the JH13FP rivals them in both aspects. Clean, Tight, and fast as **** without being overwhelming is what the JH13FP's Bass brings to mind.

More impressions to come!

And please excuse my poor sentence structuring, It's 12 am over here and I've nodded off twice writing this reply.

Bleh.

Making a video review once I get a portable player.

Thank you for the impressions! I agree with you that the JH13 does sound sibilant sometimes especially with different source/amps. Running the JH13 from my Schiit Modi2U/Magni2 makes it sound sibilant, while running it from the Fiio X1 makes it sound warm-ish and smooth-ish.

I am glad to hear that the LCD2 does sound similar to the JH13 (with bigger sound stage)! Also, no worries about the syntax, mine isn't very good either and I'm not sleepy. Looking forwards to your vid review!

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #10,643 of 10,745
Guys, what is the best option for upgrade cable of JH13?

Apr 30, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #10,645 of 10,745

My first choice will always be Norneaudio cables. no micro phonics and they tame the high end/sibilance of any IEM.

I have Litz cable from Headphonelounge from Ted himself. I wonder if anyone here has it, would compare it to other cables as well.

May 13, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #10,646 of 10,745
I recently demoed the universal version at the NY meet and on a couple tracks the vocals were spookily real, even compared to significantly more expensive products. Can't get it out of my head. Maybe I only got the right seal on this model?

May 14, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #10,648 of 10,745
  I recently demoed the universal version at the NY meet and on a couple tracks the vocals were spookily real, even compared to significantly more expensive products. Can't get it out of my head. Maybe I only got the right seal on this model?

i also demoed them at the NY meet, and they were just ok.
then i took them to my rig to listen to some music I was more familiar with and thought the same.
THEN, i rotated them a few degrees forward and obviously improved the seal/fit and they were transformed into really great souding iem.
It seems to all be about the seal.

May 16, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #10,650 of 10,745
Hi guys! I'm going to get a pair of JH13s and wanted to ask which DAP should I pair with them. My budget is around 400 USD (I can also get to higher figures is that is crucial in term of sound quality). I’ve done some reading and found that the Fiio X5 and the DX90 are very well though off in this price range. Both have a decent UI and build quality and the X5 is stronger on the battery side. But putting all of this aside – which will pair best with the JH13s?

Initially, I was thinking about getting JH16s, and although I’ve read a lot of good reviews about the DX90, I got the impression of it having a rather dominant mid-bass (like the JH16). Therefore, I felt maybe the Fiio X5 will be a better fit so that the bass won’t become over-powering. Nonetheless, all the rest of what DX90 has to offer, I generally prefer it over the X5 (especially that it is great with details and more accurate). However, now that I’ve got the JH13 on sight, the pairing with DX90 sounds more natural, since I don’t mind bass, I just want it balanced with the rest of the spectrum. I’d be very happy to hear what do you think of this and which DAP do you guys recommend. If there is a third\fourth option(s) I should consider – I am in now way fixed on getting either of these two DAPs.

Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back