JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 10, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #10,396 of 10,744
Well they received my impressions, so now the waiting begins for my first ever CIEM (and the first time I blew this much money on audio equipment too, it better be worth it).

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #10,397 of 10,744
Seems like rush processing fees are now $250. Thought I read in this thread it used to be $100. Guess I'll just have to wait 6 weeks...

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #10,399 of 10,744
That's what happens when too many use the service and the wait gets over extended for others. It's the only way to fix it beyond not offering it which would be bad for a professional supplier. The rush was original put there for bands replacements etc.

Not sure I see the logic for a 150% increase in cost though, at least from the reasonable consumer side of it.

Here's why:
Say now that it's not worth the cost for most and rush demand stabilizes to prior levels or even decreases to below prior levels, like the guy above who will now wait 6 weeks. Do you think JH Audio will decrease the rush service cost at that point when they can handle it again? I'd be skeptical, which just means extra profit profit on those who need/want it from now on...

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #10,400 of 10,744
It's probably meant as a way to discourage rush service. They have the option but it's very expensive so most customers have the normal wait time.

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #10,402 of 10,744
Nov 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #10,405 of 10,744
Okay I emailed them and they said they only offer the $250 service which can take up to 12 business days.

And so far I must say that their customer service has been exemplary. Don't relate at all to all the bad feedback people are posting here. I even got a 10% discount (because I visited their booth at RMAF. They were offering 10% discounts then if ordered right then and there. I ordered a few weeks later yet they still gave me that discount, and I didn't even have to prove I was there. Great service!)

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #10,407 of 10,744
Ugh, audiologist screwed up my impression, missing part of the helix is what JHA told me. Have to get the impressions redone. They did say they can ship it out within a few days after they've received my new impressions, so with a little luck I'll have them after Thanksgiving.

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #10,408 of 10,744
I had a scare today. My right monitor wasn't working so I thought it was the cable and when I switched the left/right pins it still wasn't working. I realized 10 min later I actually didn't switch the pins like I thought -_- So I'll be without the JH13 for a week or so until I get a new cable.

I almost thought this was going to be an expensive fix since I'm out of warranty :p My UERM will start getting some use finally :)

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #10,409 of 10,744
I had a scare today. My right monitor wasn't working so I thought it was the cable and when I switched the left/right pins it still wasn't working. I realized 10 min later I actually didn't switch the pins like I thought -_- So I'll be without the JH13 for a week or so until I get a new cable.

I almost thought this was going to be an expensive fix since I'm out of warranty :p My UERM will start getting some use finally :)

I take it that means you prefer the 13's over the UERM's?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back