JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 11, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #10,276 of 10,743
If you are around NYC Dr Beth Orliss does a phenomenal job taking impressions. Gull over is a real treat too. That being said I don't break seal however as I said you can certainly feel pressure differences.

Jul 12, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #10,277 of 10,743
Just got a pair of original JH13s...not sure what others are talking about when they say these babies lack midbass, because I'm hearing *plenty.* In fact, they are noticeably warmer than I expected, and in a good way; I had feared they might be a bit bass shy on some of my EDM, but IMO it's the absolute perfect amount. Overall I was hoping for a slightly larger soundstage, but overall they are so good that I would be a fool to complain ^_^

Jul 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #10,278 of 10,743
Just got a pair of original JH13s...not sure what others are talking about when they say these babies lack midbass, because I'm hearing *plenty.* In fact, they are noticeably warmer than I expected, and in a good way; I had feared they might be a bit bass shy on some of my EDM, but IMO it's the absolute perfect amount. Overall I was hoping for a slightly larger soundstage, but overall they are so good that I would be a fool to complain ^_^

Yup. I agree. Soundstage limited but so nice in other respects. :)

Jul 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #10,280 of 10,743
My conscience won't let me spend $1000+ on headphones, and my lady would kill me too...got my 13s second hand and they'll be a hair under $750 after impressions and remold.

Luckily the person who sold them to me AHS uncannily similar ears; deeper conchas, so they stick out enough to be mildly annoying and awkward looking, but internally they fit almost perfectly.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #10,281 of 10,743
My conscience won't let me spend $1000+ on headphones, and my lady would kill me too...got my 13s second hand and they'll be a hair under $750 after impressions and remold.

Luckily the person who sold them to me AHS uncannily similar ears; deeper conchas, so they stick out enough to be mildly annoying and awkward looking, but internally they fit almost perfectly.

I gotta borrow your conscience..... 
tongue.gif

...but for the most part I have gone the same route as you - 2nd hand CIEMs are a great option with some of the very professional shops that are doing re-shelling these days....

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #10,284 of 10,743
Have you got Spotify playback set to "Extreme"?
IMHO cables are not going to make a difference.

I use spotify on Extreme frequently (320kb/s OGG).  I had the opposite experience with my new CIEMs (not JH13s).  They are so sensitive that they sound lightyears better right out of my iPhone than my W4R's.  

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #10,286 of 10,743
They don't have extra sparkle and I always wondered why so many consider them hot or lean. They are quite telling of what comes in but not analytical in a tonal sig sense.

Could be break in. They open up a lot in 100-200 hrs. Sounds more extended combined with the midbass shifting to low bass with the mids clearing out. It could also be that the high frequency bore is getting slightly restricted by your ear. Wiggle them about while maintaining it's seal.

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #10,287 of 10,743
Hi people, i am currently interested in getting Silver Dragon V1 for my JH, but then someone recommended me the Pure Silver Cable from Headphonelounge. If there is by any chances, has anyone here tried both of the cable, or would recommend me between the 2 cables or a new different one. I would like something to call an upgrade to my JH13, but the price needs to be reasonable too and in this case , those 2 are in my price range. Thanks alot in advance

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #10,288 of 10,743
  Hi people, i am currently interested in getting Silver Dragon V1 for my JH, but then someone recommended me the Pure Silver Cable from Headphonelounge. If there is by any chances, has anyone here tried both of the cable, or would recommend me between the 2 cables or a new different one. I would like something to call an upgrade to my JH13, but the price needs to be reasonable too and in this case , those 2 are in my price range. Thanks alot in advance

I haven't tried the new litz silver cable from HPL, I've got an older Silver Cable and the Silver Dragon that I use with my JH16. To my ears, I can't hear a difference between the two, it's mostly just down to whether I want a more "rugged" cable (HPL) or the easier to manage/longer cable (SD)

I have read that the new litz cable is a notable difference, but I can't comment for sure as I lack experience

Maybe try reading through the HPL thread and see if there's any comparisons? I haven't read it in a while

http://www.head-fi.org/t/695297/the-new-headphone-lounge-thread

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #10,289 of 10,743
I have some bad news for new international customers. JH Audio no longer declares ciems at a lower value, so that means you're going to have to pay full VAT and import fees. I practically * *** myself when FedEX informed me that I'll have to pay them. By Saturday my wallet will have taken a huge hit. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back