JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 5, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #10,307 of 10,743
Indeed and the great thing about this hobby is that we all hear things differently and should ultimately choose based on our preferences and experiences. For me that is currently the X5, however with the increasing rate of quality daps being released I am certain that there will never be an end game.

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #10,308 of 10,743
After using HDP R10 for a while especially with any CIEMs, I have to admit that something like extra slots for Memory cards, portability, longer battery life, quick and smooth UI are definitely more important now. SQ by small fraction isn't really worth that much....

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #10,309 of 10,743
I started off with an Android player that was rated by those who had heard both as being on par with audiophile players like the J3 when it was properly hacked; I've made a minor downgrade to my Nexus 5, which has similar tweaks and still sounds good, but having it as a part of my phone, with Google Music and the ability to listen to anything I want in 320kbps at my fingertips, with a mic cable for my IEMs to help take calls on the bus or car or other noisy environs, is worth way more to me than the incremental gains I would get from paying hundreds extra for a dedicated player. Its good enough that I could tell a HUGE difference between my TF10s and JH13s, so why would I "upgrade" only to sacrifice listening time and a huge amount of every-day convenience?

I wish more folks would go this route; it would put more pressure on phone manufacturers to improve audio tech faster. Its totally possible and not even difficult to give a smartphone audio capabilities coming very close to dedicated midrange audiophile DAPs, and if the demand was obvious enough, manufacturers would cater to our market and make our lives a lot easier/less expensive.
After using HDP R10 for a while especially with any CIEMs, I have to admit that something like extra slots for Memory cards, portability, longer battery life, quick and smooth UI are definitely more important now. SQ by small fraction isn't really worth that much....

Aug 14, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #10,310 of 10,743
Could anyone here help me out? I recently got a problem with my left earpiece, the sound on occasion came out so grainy, like it was distorted. Basically I could hear the grainy sound more obvious as the volume was above 50% and up to unbearable level that the music just got destroyed by the noise. It's very annoying that I have thought about sending it back to JH Audio for check up as I'm still under their 1 year warranty. This annoying problem just happens once in a while then the left earpiece back to normal again. I have checked everything included replacing the cable and sources. I also use the Hearing Aid Dryer to dry the earpieces sometimes. The right earpiece however never had this problem….If anyone could explain that would be appreciated.

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #10,311 of 10,743
Sounds like a failing BA driver - or an intermittent connection inside the shell..

If you have a warranty - use it while you have it .

Aug 15, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #10,312 of 10,743
Has anyone received a new JH13 recently? I'm wondering about how long you waited. I have an outstanding order (number 163xx), for which JH should have received impressions on or around July 25th. I was quoted a wait time of 35-40 business days, which places delivery into mid-September.

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #10,313 of 10,743
Has anyone received a new JH13 recently? I'm wondering about how long you waited. I have an outstanding order (number 163xx), for which JH should have received impressions on or around July 25th. I was quoted a wait time of 35-40 business days, which places delivery into mid-September.

My JH13 sent for repair is still not back with me yet.. its been somewhere 45~50days already. Hope it shall not take more than 2 months.

Though I fear that I may have to get mentally prepared as rectification line gets shoved alongside the Roxannes which entails a waiting period of 6~8months... =( =( =(

Aug 15, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #10,315 of 10,743
That's nuts. Customer service should take first priority. What happened to your 13?

I'm going to have to agree with this - refits should be given the same consideration as "rush" orders - out within 10 business days or less. This should be mentioned to the new head honcho at JH.

I understand that the blame for refits sometimes fall at the feet of audiologists - but they can be also due to the manufacturing process - so in the interest of customer service, refits should be given some sort of priority. To simply be added to the back of the regular queue in order to wait the same time period as if it were a new job is patently unacceptable..

My 2 cents - I would be on the horn to someone and climb the ladder of responsibility until I got satisfaction.

Aug 15, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #10,316 of 10,743
  I'm going to have to agree with this - refits should be given the same consideration as "rush" orders - out within 10 business days or less. This should be mentioned to the new head honcho at JH.

I understand that the blame for refits sometimes fall at the feet of audiologists - but they can be also due to the manufacturing process - so in the interest of customer service, refits should be given some sort of priority. To simply be added to the back of the regular queue in order to wait the same time period as if it were a new job is patently unacceptable..

My 2 cents - I would be on the horn to someone and climb the ladder of responsibility until I got satisfaction.

This is definitely not the case, there is a separate team that handles refits and repairs and they do not follow the production queue. I've gotten my refit done in 10 days (not business days) door to door, and I don't even live in the US.

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #10,318 of 10,743

This is definitely not the case, there is a separate team that handles refits and repairs and they do not follow the production queue. I've gotten my refit done in 10 days (not business days) door to door, and I don't even live in the US.

Then I take it all back - it didn't seem right. But we have folks here stating that refits are taking as long as regular CIEMs - a lot of disinformation regarding JH Audio. 

Sometimes I wonder why.....

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #10,319 of 10,743
That's nuts. Customer service should take first priority. What happened to your 13?

During the third day of my time with the JH13s, I was happy and satisfied going back to the same dealer (Jaben Singapore) interested in getting the Silver Dragon V1 for the JH13s.

I was about to take off the stock cable before I finally noticed a crack near the sockets on my Right Acrylic Shell and a good deal of air has already seeped in from the crack.

On the spot, the Jaben staff advised that I should sent it back for repair since its within a week and totally counts as a manufacturing defect, the estimation from the Jaben staff was a month-

-and here I am still counting, hopefully it will be back before the second month of departure.

=(

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #10,320 of 10,743
Then I take it all back - it didn't seem right. But we have folks here stating that refits are taking as long as regular CIEMs - a lot of disinformation regarding JH Audio. 

Sometimes I wonder why.....

I guess its a hit-and-miss on being lucky with the right repair season.

While I am definitely not on the good season, I hope I am at least not on the bad one- not as long as a waiting queue for the Roxannes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back