JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #10,246 of 10,743
Bad news. Found a crack on the right side of the shell and has bloated a lil.

Sent it back through the dealer and it seems hopefully it will be back in a month's time.

Damn. What a downer! As it's a manufacturing defect surely it should be fixed ASAP. Apart from anything else,you paid a lot of money for these.

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #10,247 of 10,743
I am curious what other JH13FP's or non FP owners utilize as a source. I have recently picked up a DX90 and I feel that they pair very well.

I just received a geekout 450 however I have not had a chance to listen to it yet. Has anyone had the opportunity to pair the 13's with a geekout?

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #10,248 of 10,743
I am curious what other JH13FP's or non FP owners utilize as a source. I have recently picked up a DX90 and I feel that they pair very well.

I just received a geekout 450 however I have not had a chance to listen to it yet. Has anyone had the opportunity to pair the 13's with a geekout?

I use an X3 --> Mustang --> JH16s setup personally

I'd browse the geekout thread see if anyone's listened with JH13s

Jun 29, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #10,249 of 10,743
Is there really a difference between current pro model and the previous ones?   The FP is tacked on to the new models, so this means he didn't take account of the phase differences of the crossovers?  JH has patents of phase adjustment with tube length with UEs. Somebody has stated that it's standard practice to place the drivers at specific distance to align the phase.  

Jun 29, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #10,250 of 10,743
  Is there really a difference between current pro model and the previous ones?   The FP is tacked on to the new models, so this means he didn't take account of the phase differences of the crossovers?  JH has patents of phase adjustment with tube length with UEs. Somebody has stated that it's standard practice to place the drivers at specific distance to align the phase.  

From what I've read, the FP variants sound better across the board in comparison to the pre-FP ones. I've never listened to a non-FP variant so I can't confirm, but yeah.

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #10,251 of 10,743
They're better and confirmed by our most respected reviewers. There's more to it than tube length since there can be phase shift beyond the crossover points which makes simple group delay at the crossover points less than a complete solution. Also when the length of the highest likely crossover frequency of say 3khz is 4.5" the tube length adjustment is less critical than the crossover when it comes to phase between the drivers. Tube length becomes more about character than phase even when also having some affect on group delay. Plenty of overlap of frequencies in IEMs so a common phase characteristic a few octaves beyond hinge frequencies will give a more solid, rhythmic and localized character. The sort of thing that doesn't show up in a phase curve line without measuring and overlapping the individually drivers curves in system. How well achieved is up to the listener.

Jul 3, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #10,253 of 10,743
hey, I'm planning to buy a custom iem from JHAudio, and I was wondering which customs iem is good for me, my preferred sound sig is neutral to brighter sound signature, can anyone tell me which custom iem from JHAudio is better? thanks

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #10,254 of 10,743
hey, I'm planning to buy a custom iem from JHAudio, and I was wondering which customs iem is good for me, my preferred sound sig is neutral to brighter sound signature, can anyone tell me which custom iem from JHAudio is better? thanks

If you are looking for Neutral to Brighter sound signature then the JH13s should fit the bill. (Especially if you are not against getting a good silver cable or even a cheap Fiio RC-WT1 SPC cable for the 13s)

JH16 leans on the warm side whereas the Roxannes sits in the fence between Neutral to slightly darker signature based on what I scouted. However you should consult the Roxanne owners for more reliable views.

On the side note you might want to check out the UE's UERM too, those came right to my mind when I saw the term "Neutral to Brighter".

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #10,255 of 10,743
I just received my JH13's yesterday, and it was a perfect fit the first time! Only thing now is that Spotify Premium (High Quality audio setting) sounds worse as these IEM's are much more resolving than my previous Westone UM3X's. FLAC's do sound amazing though!

Do you think that there is a need for upgraded cables or is the stock one fine?

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #10,256 of 10,743
I just received my JH13's yesterday, and it was a perfect fit the first time! Only thing now is that Spotify Premium (High Quality audio setting) sounds worse as these IEM's are much more resolving than my previous Westone UM3X's. FLAC's do sound amazing though!

I think the JH13s might be a little picky when it comes to audio sources.
On the DX90, the JH13s is reasonably forgiving of bad recordings and even a couple of 128kbps songs (from my high schooldays that god-knows-why crept into my collections of FLACs and 320kbps).

These impressions are done on stock cables btw. My ones is currently sent back to JHA for repair of the cracks on the shells and hope they come back as 2-pin connector ones then I might be able to chip in more insignificant impressions of various cables with the JH13s over the time. =)

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #10,257 of 10,743

Have you got Spotify playback set to "Extreme"?
IMHO cables are not going to make a difference.

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #10,258 of 10,743

Don't do anything until you have a couple hundred hours on them. Even if you don't believe in burn in, it's prudent to wait a bit before tweaking. I'll be reviewing some cheaper upgrade cables in a bit. I Like 3 of them better with the jh13 than some very expensive things I've tried. Different flavors but none sound off or odd. That said, the stock cable is quite acceptable and relatively neutral. The phones are obviously designed to work with them.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #10,259 of 10,743

Should I be worried about these bubbles in the tips of my fp13's? They are not in the bores but between them.
Another thing. How on earth can I clean earwax out of such narrow bores rather than just pushing debris further in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back