JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 25, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #10,231 of 10,743

Here you go. Still trying to get accustomed to the fitting. Hope its just me and not a misfit due to the impressions!

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #10,233 of 10,743
Give it time. Mine actually hurt for a while but have settled down.

Alright Kris. Thanks! Hope the fit will stabilize after some time. Sound-wise so far so good, they are like a virtuous wife who doesn't love things loud-

-on-the-contrary they performs optimally at "safe" / medium hearing volumes while the details swims around without glaring too much but just nice to appreciate them.

Trying to turn them a little louder and the upper mids starts to glare at you gradually. The treble region wise there is no sibilant issue for me.

When I see some reporting "sibilant" issues I wonder was it that same "glare" of the upper mids when volumes gets tilted north of what was ideal to listen to.

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #10,234 of 10,743
I do hope it goes that way for you as it did for me. Interesting what you are saying about volume. Can't say I have been aware of that. I'm still getting used to mine really.

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #10,235 of 10,743
Alright Kris. Thanks! Hope the fit will stabilize after some time. Sound-wise so far so good, they are like a virtuous wife who doesn't love things loud-

-on-the-contrary they performs optimally at "safe" / medium hearing volumes while the details swims around without glaring too much but just nice to appreciate them.

Trying to turn them a little louder and the upper mids starts to glare at you gradually. The treble region wise there is no sibilant issue for me.

When I see some reporting "sibilant" issues I wonder was it that same "glare" of the upper mids when volumes gets tilted north of what was ideal to listen to.

They wont once run in. Play them loud for a few days and they will sound more extended and lose the glare. they're tight and will free up. The sibilance is just revealing of what's put in, at least on the fp version. I haven't had any problems with 'hot' recordings from decent sources.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #10,236 of 10,743
They wont once run in. Play them loud for a few days and they will sound more extended and lose the glare. they're tight and will free up. The sibilance is just revealing of what's put in, at least on the fp version. I haven't had any problems with 'hot' recordings from decent sources.

It turns out that part of the glare is attributed to me setting DX90 on high gain (or rather, negligent to set to medium/low gain as the high gain setting was what I used for my other earphone namely the FX700)

While the glare in the upper mid is still there but no longer bothersome.

Fitting-wise my ear is starting to get accustomed to it, all that is left is for my external, upper earlobes to get used to the snug clinging from the acrylic shells!

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #10,238 of 10,743
It turns out that part of the glare is attributed to me setting DX90 on high gain (or rather, negligent to set to medium/low gain as the high gain setting was what I used for my other earphone namely the FX700)

While the glare in the upper mid is still there but no longer bothersome.

Fitting-wise my ear is starting to get accustomed to it, all that is left is for my external, upper earlobes to get used to the snug clinging from the acrylic shells!

I like mid gain as well but I'd bet the glare abates with time, at any gain setting.

Jun 27, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #10,239 of 10,743
I don't know if it's my imagination or my hearing but I get the sensation that sound is very slightly biased to the left with my 13fp's. If I use the balance control on my iPhone to try and correct it as soon as I move the slider fractionally to the right the life kind of goes from the music. Any ideas?

Could be a fit issue—if one side fits a little better than the other and seals more, it can sound louder.

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #10,240 of 10,743
I don't know if it's my imagination or my hearing but I get the sensation that sound is very slightly biased to the left with my 13fp's. If I use the balance control on my iPhone to try and correct it as soon as I move the slider fractionally to the right the life kind of goes from the music. Any ideas?

Check the bores are clean but I assume you did. The other thing to try is to tilt it a bit and see if the highs pop in. your ear geometry may be slightly restricting a bore or it's direct path. I had that issue and did a bit of home altering to correct. Not recommended if you like the warranty but I thought I could adjust and listen myself.
smile.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #10,241 of 10,743
Bad news. Found a crack on the right side of the shell and has bloated a lil.

Sent it back through the dealer and it seems hopefully it will be back in a month's time.

I have spoken to my dealer about it and he said he will relay to JH side not to switch to the Roxanne 4-pin wherever possible.

It seems God just simply wants me to allocate more playtime for my other new playtoy (FX850).

Lets keep my fingers crossed that it shall return fixed and remained as the Westone 2-pin.

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #10,242 of 10,743
Could be a fit issue—if one side fits a little better than the other and seals more, it can sound louder.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I had a feeling that could be the problem. Although it feels like I have a good seal in both ears.

Check the bores are clean but I assume you did. The other thing to try is to tilt it a bit and see if the highs pop in. your ear geometry may be slightly restricting a bore or it's direct path. I had that issue and did a bit of home altering to correct. Not recommended if you like the warranty but I thought I could adjust and listen myself.:smile:  

Yep clean bores was the first thing I checked. Also thought that ear geometry might be the problem. What adjustments did you make?

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #10,244 of 10,743
I hold it upside down and put the wire loop into the tube and spin it - the wax should drop down....

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #10,245 of 10,743
Hmmm. I think my bores are possibly unusually small. My audiologist commented that there was not a lot of "real estate" to fit in three bores. I wouldn't get the loop tool into any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back