JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 19, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #10,201 of 10,743
Why the hell do they need 4 pins? Are there 4 pins in the connector? There is no logic here - unless some famous musician showed up at the lab with a bunch of white powder. Talk about a "rush" job! I have done a little defending of JH lately, but to switch out the cables on their regular line without mentioning it to the customer - who may have a lot invested in cables with two pin connectors - is pretty odd...

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #10,203 of 10,743
  There you go! Not really upset about it. The connector does feel more rigid and reliable but on the other hand, the market for cable with this pin type is almost nil at the moment... 
confused_face.gif

White boy translucent? 

Jun 19, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #10,204 of 10,743
Lucky for me I don't have a large inventory of 2-pin cables... I have read in some other thread that JH intends to switch their entire line up to using the 4-pin connector cable. What i dont understand is why those who received their JH16s or 13s about the same time as me or after me and posted photos have the 2-pin connectors in use. This is confusing.. 
confused_face_2.gif

Why the hell do they need 4 pins? Are there 4 pins in the connector? There is no logic here - unless some famous musician showed up at the lab with a bunch of white powder. Talk about a "rush" job! I have done a little defending of JH lately, but to switch out the cables on their regular line without mentioning it to the customer - who may have a lot invested in cables with two pin connectors - is pretty odd...

Yes, they do have 4 pins in the connector.

4 pins because the new cable comes with a bass pot, just like the Roxanne?

Yup, it comes with the bass adjusting knobs.
  White boy translucent? 

Yes it is! Haha looks decent for me!

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #10,205 of 10,743
Lucky for me I don't have a large inventory of 2-pin cables... I have read in some other thread that JH intends to switch their entire line up to using the 4-pin connector cable. What i dont understand is why those who received their JH16s or 13s about the same time as me or after me and posted photos have the 2-pin connectors in use. This is confusing.. :confused_face_2:

If they are trying to phase in the 4-pin cable, then they're bound to do it at one point or another. It might be the case that your order just came in at a bad time.
Btw, how do you find the bass adjustment pot? Is it any good with the 13's, or more of a gimmick?

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #10,206 of 10,743

2 woofer drivers. One could be variable to adjust down. A jh13 is never bass shy. It could also be just to get more current to the earphone with less back voltage (noise) between the drivers by effectively bi-wiring. I hear the new type cables also sound better than the old ones.

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #10,207 of 10,743
If they are trying to phase in the 4-pin cable, then they're bound to do it at one point or another. It might be the case that your order just came in at a bad time.
Btw, how do you find the bass adjustment pot? Is it any good with the 13's, or more of a gimmick?

On the JH13 the bass adjustment make a significant and obvious difference. More control over the sound signature is always better.. The only bad thing is that the adjustment pot is a little large making it more troublesome to keep in the JHA case.. It's only slightly shorter than the diameter of the case..

Jun 19, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #10,208 of 10,743
  On the JH13 the bass adjustment make a significant and obvious difference. More control over the sound signature is always better.. The only bad thing is that the adjustment pot is a little large making it more troublesome to keep in the JHA case.. It's only slightly shorter than the diameter of the case..

Man I've got to admit I'm a bit jealous. I'm actually occasionally finding the 13's bass a bit excessive at times, so a bit of flexibility in adjusting the bass region really appeals to me. Plus that I'm really digging the looks of the 4-pin cable.

Jun 19, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #10,209 of 10,743

2 woofer drivers. One could be variable to adjust down. A jh13 is never bass shy. It could also be just to get more current to the earphone with less back voltage (noise) between the drivers by effectively bi-wiring. I hear the new type cables also sound better than the old ones.

I forgot that included in the 4 pin connector was a bass level control - now it makes perfect sense - oops, brain fart. 
redface.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #10,210 of 10,743
Just received my JH13 yesterday and was surprised to see them fitted with the 4-pin connector cables for the roxannes. I assume all new JH13 come as such?

Hi Catalyst. Did it occurred when you opted for another pin connector type (e.g Westone 2-Pin) stated in black & white-

-then they just sent you your JH13FP with 4-pin connectors without any prior notice? Thanks =)

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #10,211 of 10,743
Hi Catalyst. Did it occurred when you opted for another pin connector type (e.g Westone 2-Pin) stated in black & white-

-then they just sent you your JH13FP with 4-pin connectors without any prior notice? Thanks =)

The default connectors up to date have always been the 2-pin type. I believe that catalyst's case is one where JHA is applying the 4-pin system into previous model, but it would have been nice of them to notice and get his approval before making the change. I wouldn't be happy if I was having a TWag/Silver Dragon/etc...aftermarket cable in my hands and found out that they'd be at least temporarily obsolete for my newly arrived monitors.

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #10,212 of 10,743
I wonder if this is possible for older ones or only newer ones

Be interesting to have the adjustable bass on my 16s though I would hate to lose out on using my silver cables

Anyone else have the 13/16s with 4 pin connector? I saw a few people tweet pics in the Roxanne thread but that's it

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #10,213 of 10,743

Be interesting to have the adjustable bass on my 16s though I would hate to lose out on using my silver cables

Anyone else have the 13/16s with 4 pin connector? I saw a few people tweet pics in the Roxanne thread but that's it

Would likely need a rebuild to use the 4 pin connector - otherwise no direct connection to low frequency drivers.

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #10,214 of 10,743

Dis.  I wonder if the 16 has more treble than the 13 because of it's boosted bass?  Also, is there a difference in the size of the stage between the 13 and 16?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back