JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 11, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #9,796 of 10,747
So my JH13 came back from a refit today. I really hope I don't need another one since I didn't get another set of impressions for them. I'll try them after work but I'll see then.

Dec 11, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #9,798 of 10,747
So from the fit I'm getting now a refit might not be needed but I'll give it a few days before I know for sure. It's definitely great to have them back. Also for whatever reason they are also my lowest profile custom as the others stick out more.

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #9,799 of 10,747
  Why not look into something like Light Harmonic Geek Out, or Resonessence Herus? No need to spend crazy amounts of money for minimal improvement that you might most likely not even be able to appreciate unless you're analyzing the music, not listening to it.

ps. No context. I may look into this TC Konnekt as well.

Along that line, I've quite liked the JH13 Pro with the HRT microStreamer and (particularly) the AudioQuest DragonFly. Though I'm curious to see if the Geek and Herus improve on those models. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #9,800 of 10,747
  Along that line, I've quite liked the JH13 Pro with the HRT microStreamer and (particularly) the AudioQuest DragonFly. Though I'm curious to see if the Geek and Herus improve on those models. 

I'll second the JH13pro/Microstreamer pairing.  I did try the Dragonfly for a few days but wound up returning it as it didn't play nice with one of my computers.  I think the HRT Microstreamer is superior.

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #9,801 of 10,747
I've been reading a lot of favorable microstreamer comments lately. On another note, I decided to take my twagv2 off the jh13 and went back to the stock cable. I have to say, I've tried a bunch of cables and the stock cable, by far, has the best voicing for the JH13 IMO. After the switch back, I no longer felt the need to eq. I'm going to leave well enough alone.

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #9,802 of 10,747
I've been reading a lot of favorable microstreamer comments lately. On another note, I decided to take my twagv2 off the jh13 and went back to the stock cable. I have to say, I've tried a bunch of cables and the stock cable, by far, has the best voicing for the JH13 IMO. After the switch back, I no longer felt the need to eq. I'm going to leave well enough alone.

Much agreed, I just took off my Tralucents from my JH13s and the stock cables sound so much better.

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #9,803 of 10,747
It's interesting that the two of you are saying that the stock is better. Almost always it is some aftermarket cable is much better than stock. 

Anyway I'm really liking the JH13 with my X3. It's sounding pretty amazing right now. I could be happy with this for a very long time. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #9,804 of 10,747
I got in on a loaner run thing for toxic cables back a little over a year ago for one of their all silver CIEM doohickies, and I ended up liking the stock cable more after about a week of use too. It was like more of a hunch, but i thought the stock cable had more air in the mids. but the differences were incredibly slight

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #9,805 of 10,747
  It's interesting that the two of you are saying that the stock is better. Almost always it is some aftermarket cable is much better than stock. 

Anyway I'm really liking the JH13 with my X3. It's sounding pretty amazing right now. I could be happy with this for a very long time. 

Usually that is the case as I've found evidence of this finding along years of audio and cable matching. However, I can't say the same with the JH line so far. Really a head-scratcher for me.

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #9,806 of 10,747
So I'm starting to understand why the JH13 FP is liked so much. I'm really liking them and to the point where I feel like everything else I own iem wise isn't needed but then I come to my senses since I've spent a lot of money on my other customs. I've been pairing them so far with my Anedio D1 at home and my X3 when I'm out of the house and they both sound very good. 

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #9,807 of 10,747
I got my new JH-13s this morning in the mail. Holy crap are they amazing. Like, even better than everyone has been saying they are. They are so close to being as good as the 3A demos from canjam Chicago in 2010.

Blowing my mind with these in ears all day

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #9,808 of 10,747
waiting for mine, expected to arrive in early January. Could anyone here help me compare JH 13 FP (amped/ unamped) to other fullsize flagships? HD 650, HD 800, LCD2..for example. I will use this with my Studio V anv but my Studio v has been sent back for repair so i will use it with my iphone 4 temporarily, will it be good enough? btw i would be interested in getting an amp to pair with iphone 4, i'm looking for something reasonable. Thanks

Dec 14, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #9,809 of 10,747
  waiting for mine, expected to arrive in early January. Could anyone here help me compare JH 13 FP (amped/ unamped) to other fullsize flagships? HD 650, HD 800, LCD2..for example. I will use this with my Studio V anv but my Studio v has been sent back for repair so i will use it with my iphone 4 temporarily, will it be good enough? btw i would be interested in getting an amp to pair with iphone 4, i'm looking for something reasonable. Thanks

There's always these questions. There's never an answer. iPhone HO is good enough that any money spent outside of it would be entirely up to you to decide whether the improvements are worth it or not. As for comparisons to full sized cans, there is just no comparison to be made since IEM imaging can not compete with full sized drivers. But if you're talking in terms of the FR, I'd say it resembles an LCD2 rev2 with less mid butter and a bit more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back