JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 1, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #9,781 of 10,747
Sure
popcorn.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #9,782 of 10,747
ear imprint : " open mouth " or... closed mouth ??

I did it !  I just took advantage of JH's black friday sale :)

Now... I need to have a nice ear print done ! 

QUESTION: it is mentioned to do the ear imprint  " open mouth " !

But...  I am not a rock star, so, I don't sing or even talk when I use my IEMs. I just use my IEM to listen quitefully to my music.  

--> So, should't instead make the imprint in the same position as when I will use the IEM ? : relax in a sofa, with the JAW relax and teeth not joined but lips closed?

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #9,783 of 10,747
Congrats man you will not regret it!!

I did my impression while biting a small white block the whole time. Note that I am not a rockstar either :wink:
And i got it right the first time around, so i say do exactly what they advise on their webpage.

Hooe this helps

Dec 3, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #9,785 of 10,747
  I did it !  I just took advantage of JH's black friday sale :)

Now... I need to have a nice ear print done ! 

QUESTION: it is mentioned to do the ear imprint  " open mouth " !

But...  I am not a rock star, so, I don't sing or even talk when I use my IEMs. I just use my IEM to listen quitefully to my music.  

--> So, should't instead make the imprint in the same position as when I will use the IEM ? : relax in a sofa, with the JAW relax and teeth not joined but lips closed?

Please do open mouth as to make sure the shells will accommodate your ear canals at its widest position. It won't matter if you don't sing, it'll just yield you a higher chance of having a nice seal rather than a loose one. Note that bite block is required.

Dec 3, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #9,786 of 10,747
Please do open mouth as to make sure the shells will accommodate your ear canals at its widest position. It won't matter if you don't sing, it'll just yield you a higher chance of having a nice seal rather than a loose one. Note that bite block is required.

Ok i understand that by doing so, the IEM Will be a little bit "larger" inside the ear. But... by doing so, don't I risk to have it hurting or at least inconfortable when i wear it with my mouth closed ?

Dec 3, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #9,787 of 10,747
Ok i understand that by doing so, the IEM Will be a little bit "larger" inside the ear. But... by doing so, don't I risk to have it hurting or at least inconfortable when i wear it with my mouth closed ?

That will never happen unless the molds get deformed. The only risk is that it might be TOOO tight in which case your canals will adjust, but that doesn't usually happen with acrylic shells. 

Trust me I've done impressions atleast 20 times and I got the perfect ones with JH at the moment. 2nd pair and perfect again.

Dec 3, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #9,788 of 10,747
That will never happen unless the molds get deformed. The only risk is that it might be TOOO tight in which case your canals will adjust, but that doesn't usually happen with acrylic shells. 

Trust me I've done impressions atleast 20 times and I got the perfect ones with JH at the moment. 2nd pair and perfect again.

Thanks a lot for those advices.

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #9,789 of 10,747
Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a DAC\Amp as I am going to be setting up a home rig - any suggestions for gear to compliment my JH13 FP (and future Cans).

Thanks

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #9,790 of 10,747
  Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a DAC\Amp as I am going to be setting up a home rig - any suggestions for gear to compliment my JH13 FP (and future Cans).

Thanks

There are so many kinds of gear that it's hard for anyone to give any sort of helpful suggestions. Maybe if you could list your preferences such as physical size and portability, how much SQ matters over all else, your budget, etc. it'll make it easier for anyone to speak up and suggest something. :)

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #9,791 of 10,747
  Hi Guys,

Thanks

PM sent

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #9,792 of 10,747
  There are so many kinds of gear that it's hard for anyone to give any sort of helpful suggestions. Maybe if you could list your preferences such as physical size and portability, how much SQ matters over all else, your budget, etc. it'll make it easier for anyone to speak up and suggest something. :)

I know - you would think that after all these years of being on Head-fi, I would know better lol

Ideally I am looking for a Desktop dac\amp to plug into a PC which will be running XBMC to play music through.
The connector to the dac\amp will need to be Optical or USB
I am happy to consider separates or All-in-one DAC\Amps
SQ is very important as I will be initially using my JH13 and am also considering HD800 and TH900 cans in the future.
I know that ultimately I will probably only use Cans with my desktop rig, but initially I will be using my JH13

Whilst I like "warmth", I tend to be a resolution junkie ie I prefer my JH13 way more than my 8A (must get around to selling them)

My budget would be up to $600 per unit or $1200 all-in-one

....oh and aesthetically pleasing would be nice (ie I like the look of the Woo WA7 Firefly)

BTW - even after all this time I am still struggling to understand how impedance\resistance\voltage etc.. fits into choosing the right amp....so if anyone can give me a real dummy\idiots guide to how it all works\fits together, it would be appreciated :wink:

Thanks

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #9,793 of 10,747
  Hi Guys,

Thanks

What source? If it's a PC, I would look past USB and get something with a firewire interface from TC Konnekt. Their Dice II chip is still the best clocker I've heard from a PC and they're cheap. Their headphone and DAC portions are better than they used to be and VG now but the dig out is fab.

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #9,794 of 10,747
  What source? If it's a PC, I would look past USB and get something with a firewire interface from TC Konnekt. Their Dice II chip is still the best clocker I've heard from a PC and they're cheap. Their headphone and DAC portions are better than they used to be and VG now but the dig out is fab.

I'll have a look at your suggestion of the TC Konnekt.

I'll be using a cheap PC to act as my media centre using XBMC. I was looking to feed the digital signal via USB\Optical to a good external DAC\AMP

Dec 11, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #9,795 of 10,747
Why not look into something like Light Harmonic Geek Out, or Resonessence Herus? No need to spend crazy amounts of money for minimal improvement that you might most likely not even be able to appreciate unless you're analyzing the music, not listening to it.

ps. No context. I may look into this TC Konnekt as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back