JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #9,751 of 10,743
Listening to my JH13 tonight.. no fancy upstream gear involved (straight from my Galaxy S3 or iPhone 4.. w/ Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable).. I simply love this IEM.  The listening session's been so enjoyable that it had me contemplating selling all of my full sized phones & desktop gear more than a couple of times tonight.  I could totally live with this being my only headphone.  Magnificent.

Nov 21, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #9,753 of 10,743
  Listening to my JH13 tonight.. no fancy upstream gear involved (straight from my Galaxy S3 or iPhone 4.. w/ Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable).. I simply love this IEM.  The listening session's been so enjoyable that it had me contemplating selling all of my full sized phones & desktop gear more than a couple of times tonight.  I could totally live with this being my only headphone.  Magnificent.

That's how i felt with the W4R and SR71A. If the W4 made me feel that way, I can't imagine what a JH13 would do! 

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #9,756 of 10,743
  That's how i felt with the W4R and SR71A. If the W4 made me feel that way, I can't imagine what a JH13 would do! 

Make you realise the Westone is mud?  Zing! :p  In all seriousness though after getting used to something with a 20dB scoop out of the upper mids... anything you buy is going to sound like a clear window into the music.

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #9,757 of 10,743
Any of you guys using amps with your JH13FP ?

I am currently using the DX100 DAP and its sufficiently powerful enough to give the JH13 a thickness and weight to the lower end of the spectrum. I can't say the same for my DX50 - somehow the JH13 sounds thinner and less involving.

So...if I keep the DX50, I am going to want an amp to go with it.

As my journey so far has been all centred on portable, I am now also considering an amp for desktop use at home too (either a combined DAC\Amp or separate dedicated amp) for Cans and my JH13.

Does anyone have any suggestions of suitable hardware to make my JH13 sing ?

Cheers

ksc75smile.gif

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #9,758 of 10,743
  Any of you guys using amps with your JH13FP ?

I am currently using the DX100 DAP and its sufficiently powerful enough to give the JH13 a thickness and weight to the lower end of the spectrum. I can't say the same for my DX50 - somehow the JH13 sounds thinner and less involving.

So...if I keep the DX50, I am going to want an amp to go with it.

As my journey so far has been all centred on portable, I am now also considering an amp for desktop use at home too (either a combined DAC\Amp or separate dedicated amp) for Cans and my JH13.

Does anyone have any suggestions of suitable hardware to make my JH13 sing ?

Cheers

ksc75smile.gif

I would like to ask the same question. Personally I use it with an RWAK100 for portable use, but the JH13 Pro really shined with my desktop amp ZDSE. When it comes to portable amping, I don't think the JH13 Pro requires a powerful amp that was designed to drive low-efficiency headphones, but an amp that was designed for feeding high quality amplification to sensitive IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back