JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Sep 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #9,511 of 10,743
Quote:
Sounded more like the older 13pro or 16 with your description. 13pro fp have some bass but more balanced between subbass and midbass and definitely didn't sound overpowering to me. Midbass quantity would be sth like asg2>334>>jh13pro fp>=1p2>=re600>er4s with my experience.

I think the 1+2 still has a bit more midbass than the 13 but it's not night and day and close enough for cables to change. Ironlung, try manipulating them in your ear a bit by tilting or pressing it various ways. It's possible that your ear geomitry isn't matching the high frequency bore all that well and is blocking the path a bit.

Sep 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #9,512 of 10,743
Interesting... when I had the 1p2 I don't remember that much mid bass. They did have plenty of slam but not as much warmth.
So true, everyone's ear canal geometry is different so people hear differently through IEMs. 
What I do to get the best fit and sound is to twist them in the ear as usual, pull the cable so the memory wire fits tight, then twist the IEM forward til it locks and doesn't go further. This usually eliminates any sort of pressure and ensures a comfortable fit... usually... It's worked for me with the ES5 and now the JH16.
Quote:
I think the 1+2 still has a bit more midbass than the 13 but it's not night and day and close enough for cables to change. Ironlung, try manipulating them in your ear a bit by tilting or pressing it various ways. It's possible that your ear geomitry isn't matching the high frequency bore all that well and is blocking the path a bit.

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #9,513 of 10,743
Quote:
Interesting... when I had the 1p2 I don't remember that much mid bass. They did have plenty of slam but not as much warmth.
So true, everyone's ear canal geometry is different so people hear differently through IEMs. 
What I do to get the best fit and sound is to twist them in the ear as usual, pull the cable so the memory wire fits tight, then twist the IEM forward til it locks and doesn't go further. This usually eliminates any sort of pressure and ensures a comfortable fit... usually... It's worked for me with the ES5 and now the JH16.

The 13 has less warmth than the ES5 or 16 as well, though the 1+2, es5 and 13 are close enough.
smile.gif
 I generally feel that a bit of cable or source fiddling should get folks about the warmth they are looking for from any of the last 3.

Sep 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #9,517 of 10,743
hi, I see you are in singapore, why not drop by Jaben and give the jh13s a try, they are pre freqphase though but it sould give u an idea of the kind of sound you should expect. XD

Erm yep but I'm a student so not free on weekdays and usually on weekends I'm going to visit my grandmas house or I'm studying ;( perhaps this Saturday bah, I'm going comex with my father to buy fan so maybe on the way there or on the way back can stop buy at jaben

Sep 4, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #9,519 of 10,743
I've tried the pre-FreqPhase demo at Jaben and the FreqPhase demo that Jerry brought during the Mook Festival. It's a no contest and the FP demo is mile better for JH13.
Did not try the JH16 as my TG!334 is bassy enough for me and I was looking for a ciem with different sound signature to complement the 334.

Sep 4, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #9,522 of 10,743
When I bought mine in early June, the RRP is S$1788.
I was told by some S'porean headfiers last week that the RRP has gone up by S$100 for the current batch.
You have to call Jaben to confirm.
Wow then that would be a big relief. I was thinking of getting the parterres or tg334s as end games but heard that parterre cost $1600 and tg334 cost 2000 so I tot better buy jh13 or something else first. I already questioned jaben about their installment plans on FB and at first they were very responsive but when I talked about the parterre/tg334/jh13 they just didn't reply. Going to ask them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back