JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Sep 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #9,482 of 10,743
What about the out of head Experience? Which has the wider soundstage?

Ive heard the UERM Demo today and liked it very much. Especially the soundstage. But the treble can be troublesome, as I listen to some pop/mainstream as well :wink: 
The 15% sale also draws me to the JH13...:p

The JH13 won me over due to its HUMONGOUS soundstage. Its amazing, even bigger than my PRM's

Which player is the most suitable to new JH13? It seems that the player should have a high output impedance, because otherwise the sound is terrible.

All players should be able to drive them, from a rockboxed clip zip to the HM-901. For me it pairs well with the RWAK120 and HM901.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm done with univerals (its been a year since I bought any).

How long do these last?

Can they be driven easily by the Z walkman and ipod?

2 years or so, depending on how fast your ear changes. A Z or ipod can drive them decently.

Also they have an end of summer sale for 15% but i dont know if its done yet. They will release a new flagship in October.

Sep 3, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #9,483 of 10,743
Quote:
The JH13 won me over due to its HUMONGOUS soundstage. Its amazing, even bigger than my PRM's
All players should be able to drive them, from a rockboxed clip zip to the HM-901. For me it pairs well with the RWAK120 and HM901.
2 years or so, depending on how fast your ear changes. A Z or ipod can drive them decently.

Also they have an end of summer sale for 15% but i dont know if its done yet. They will release a new flagship in October.

Have you ever tried JH13 with high impedance source like non-RW AK100? I think JHs sound much better with that.

I see you have CIEM of my dreams - 335DW, how do you rate them in comparison with JH13? Does it make sense to purchase both models?

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #9,484 of 10,743
Quote:
Have you ever tried JH13 with high impedance source like non-RW AK100? I think JHs sound much better with that.

I see you have CIEM of my dreams - 335DW, how do you rate them in comparison with JH13? Does it make sense to purchase both models?

I tried my JH13 Pro with both AK100 and RWAK100 and  preferred the latter in comparison. The non-RW AK100 seemed to have more body and weight in sound, but its bass was boomy and the overall it sounded uncontrolled, fuzzy and confused. The RWAK100 by comparison has more focus and clarity, although some may perceive it as a thinner sound. I suppose a basshead will enjoy the AK100 more, but the it's the RWAK100 that sounds more hi-fi to me. The bass is tighter on the RWAK100, too.

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #9,485 of 10,743
Quote:

I tried my JH13 Pro with both AK100 and RWAK100 and  preferred the latter in comparison. The non-RW AK100 seemed to have more body and weight in sound, but its bass was boomy and the overall it sounded uncontrolled, fuzzy and confused. The RWAK100 by comparison has more focus and clarity, although some may perceive it as a thinner sound. I suppose a basshead will enjoy the AK100 more, but the it's the RWAK100 that sounds more hi-fi to me. The bass is tighter on the RWAK100, too.

It's very strange, because JH13FreqPhase have a more solid sound and plenty of bass with it RWAK100 (or any low impeadance source).
Not only my jh13 but my friend's jh13 too, we ordered the same time.

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #9,486 of 10,743
Ho ho it's much more lively in the 13 thread~~~ 
I'm still waiting on my JH3A but does anyone have experience with around how much the bass should be adjusted for the 16 to sound like the 13 with the jh3a?

I'm finding that the 16 has less bass than the LCD3 with the Stratus... I mean it's not bassy at all unless called for by the recording, and I'm no means a basshead...

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #9,488 of 10,743
Quote:
Anyone has fitear parterre? Would appreciate a comparison with those
smily_headphones1.gif

I loved the sound of parterre, but you know, it's universal with averange noise isolation. For me new jh13 sound so simplistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back