JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jan 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #8,446 of 10,743

Quote:
I don't think the price of a cable changes ones hearing and I can certainly here the difference, what your saying is like people would like the UE18 over the JH16 because the latter is more expensive but that is not the case. I trust me hearing and if I thought a $10 cable sounded better then I would use that.Every single person I have read of here that has tried or own the piccolino has clearly said they preferred it over any of the other cables the have heard so this is not just me saying it.Anyway I will be taking it to the meet so will see what other people have to say.I also have line out docks and other interconnects that are made of pure 24k solid gold wire but I still prefer ones less then half that price.

Price-quality associations exist whether you believe yourself susceptible or not. The fact that you're even aware of them actually suggests that you're vulnerable to them. Sorry, but there's no way out of this one.

The good news is that it doesn't affect your personal perception or appreciation of the cable -- no one can tell you what to think, and it's clear that the Piccolino cable sounds a cut above the rest (for you and the other owners you mention). This is really all that matters.
Quote:
Blind test isnt answer to everything, you can found blind tests where rig costing 500$ sound same as rig costing 12K$, maybe if we do blind test comparing JH13 with Sennheiser CX300 with custom tip, we will discover that they also sound same. I dont use blind test and I dont believe in results of blind test.

Those types of controlled blind tests are legitimate if the transducers (speakers, headphones) involved are the same. However the JH13-CX300 comparison is a poor example -- transducers produce almost 100% of the difference in headphone-listening (in speaker-listening, it shares importance with room acoustics and treatment).

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #8,447 of 10,743

Quote:

I don't thing those medical tests have anything to do with what people hear and in this case 100% of the people who have heard or own this cables say it is better then any other cables they have used, when people do reviews and comparisons on here of cables do you think they do them blindfolded or do they let their ears be the judge.I certainly don't think they let the price be the judge of how good something is and everyone who has use piccolino can't be wrong.What you are basically saying is that If say someone bought two doughnuts and one was double the price but tasted horrible they would still say it was better then the one that was delicious just because it cost more!Anyway, it is not worth talking about this any further, you go try it yourself and let me know what you think.

Parrots, before this line of discussion start deteriorating into arguments, I just want to clarify myself on several issues.  My suggestion to you to do some blind tests at meet is just something I thought may be FUN to do, it is not meant to challenge your observation or opinion on the Crystal Piccolino.  You know we as headfiers like to have fun and we compare all kind of things for the heck of it.  When I suggest about the blind test at meet I was just thinking in my mind that there are many headfiers own the JH13 and since the JH13 uses detachable cables, it is easy enough to just set up a table with a chair facing the other way and switch different cables around.  This to me is just fun.  I really didn't mean that you have to prove to me that the Piccolino is better.  If you think this is something fun to do, go ahead, if not, then forget about it.  Just for the record, I do believe cable can make a different in SQ, so we don't need to have another argument on that. The reason I discuss with you about the Piccolino is because I am interested in it and almost bought one and unfortunately there are not that many owners of Piccolino here.  Sorry to frustrate you, but I didn't mean to challenge you.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #8,448 of 10,743
Quote:
I don't understand what your meaning is, my comment was just an example that something being more expensive does not mean it is better, something cheaper can easily sound better or be better, the other person is basically saying that I in my mind think the piccolino is better only because it cost more to buy when that is not the case, when I bought this cable I was offered the option to return it if I did not like it but it sounds better then any cabe I have ever heard so I kept it, if I thought it did not sound better then I would have returned it and got my money back but I did not. My ears know what they are hearing and that's all that matters to me and I could care less if someone believes cables make a difference or nor because to my ears the certainly do and the piccolino more then others.

I'm saying that the other person can still be right, even if you're dismissing the phenomena from prior experience. It's an inviolable element of human psychology. To deny yourself this acknowledgement is to deny yourself a human being.

The bolded proves my point to great strength -- what you perceive is all that matters.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #8,449 of 10,743

Quote:
Jalo, please dont argue with blind test, just accept that parrots and other people hear differences between cables( Me included, I really like TWAG).  If I bought something and thanks to it I enjoy sound more, I dont need to prove it by blind test to you or even to myself.

Blind test isnt answer to everything, you can found blind tests where rig costing 500$ sound same as rig costing 12K$, maybe if we do blind test comparing JH13 with Sennheiser CX300 with custom tip, we will discover that they also sound same. I dont use blind test and I dont believe in results of blind test.

Bina, I have the TWag and really like it also.  I am sorry that my suggestion to Parrots was misunderstood, I really only meant it as a suggestion and not an argument.  However, on a different topic, blind test is a legitimate scientific research, especially double blind studies.  I do agree if you bought something and like it that is what it counts, I never say anyone need to prove to me, they don't.  As for the points that other people that have the Piccolino all liked it, I mentioned that there was someone in the TWag thread said he likes the TWag over the Piccolino, that is why I try to get some different observations.  Besides, I only counted around three headfiers that have the Piccolino (PARROTS, Crazyguys, Qusps).  From a statistical point of view, a sample of three (N=3) is hardly enough to draw any conclusion.  But that doesn't mean I am not interested in hearing other observations otherwise I wouldn't be asking Parrots about his impression.

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #8,450 of 10,743

Quote:

Sorry I did not mean it to sound like i was arguing, I never said you were a non believer in cables, if that was the case then you would not own the TWAg and the Alo cable, by what you posted it seemed like you was saying that the price of the cable was clouding my judgement on the cable and i think that the piccolino o ly sounds better because it costs more, if you go back and read your posts you will see thats exactly what your posts sound like but price don't come in to it for me, if I thought the stock cable was better then I would say so.Anyway there is a thread on the piccolino cable and the is for the JH13 so I think the discussions should stick to the 13 and not cables.

I guess I was just talking about in general terms and to some people.  I really didn't mean it directly at you.  Sorry I should have made it clearer.

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #8,452 of 10,743

Quote:

I think that's just due to the really good seal you are getting, the same happens to me when using comply tips and I can hear every footstep and I don't get it with any of my customs because they aint as tight a seal but I do get this with my remoulded TF10 as the seal on them is tighter, you might want to try getting a little shaven off the canal which should help the problem.

Yeah, I got it with the TF10 too but i thought going custom may be the answer.  I guess i can just loosen them, as i said and forgo the seal.  It's just that you loose most of the bass doing that.  Wish i could have it both ways.  I really thought that everyone had that problem originally but i have since learned that most people don't have the loud annoying sound of their feet overpowering the music.  I have since bought a pair of Edition 8 Limiteds to use portable since the JH13's don't work, what a bummer, and expensive too.
frown.gif
  Still use the 13's if i am not walking or in sketchier locals, the Ed8's also can draw unwanted attention in some situations so care must be taken about the environment that they are used in.

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #8,454 of 10,743
They don't work for me when walking, like walking my dog 25-30 minutes three times a day.  They don't work for me because of the noise of my feet in my ears.  You may ask how do i fit my feet in my ears when they should be in my mouth,  but i deviate from the point....so walking the dog they don't work, thus new Edition 8 LE to suit the purpose I ordered the 13s to fulfill.  The 13's thus relegated to noisy environments and instances where their is little walking involved.  In addition, my home rig seems to have a ground loop only noticable on iems due that is an issue with PSaudio's Digital Link.  I only hear it with the iems luckily but there is one more place that i can't use them........now what was the initial question, my fingers appear to be rambling or walking as they may be through the keyboard and i have distracted myself/my thinking uh, yeah.
blink.gif

DOG......

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #8,456 of 10,743

Quote:
They don't work for me because of the noise of my feet in my ears.  You may ask how do i fit my feet in my ears when they should be in my mouth,  but i deviate from the point....so walking the dog they don't work, thus new Edition 8 LE to suit the purpose I ordered the 13s to fulfill.

Tiptoeing would have been a much, much less expensive solution than those Edition 8s.

Jan 11, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #8,458 of 10,743
Foot reduction surgery

Quote:
Quote:
I would buy it in a minute if it just got rid of the sound of my feet hitting the ground when i use my 13's, if i have a seal footsteps are as loud as the music, if not louder.  The only way to get rid of the noise is to unseal them and loose the bass completely, which i  occasionally do.  I wouldn't even care if they made the sound quality better, if they just got rid of the thumping of walking i would pay.  Oh well, i have to continue only using them when sitting still, no need to upgrade cable when a slight change in SQ is secondary to the thumping.
confused_face.gif

Time to invest in Hush Puppies or a shoe with Vibram bottoms.

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #8,459 of 10,743
The ER4P's were the worst for footsteps. I could hear my heat pulsing and the microphonics were terrible. For $59, they  made a better chord and it helped, but when I'm running, I can ear my pulse. Not so much with the JH-13's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back