JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jan 10, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #7,081 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what I have planned for mine. This is just a picture taken from FB with a little work done to it.

What do you think?

proposed.jpg

Excellent! I like!

Jan 10, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #7,082 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you're in the states id say a week or a week and a half at the most

What do you mean?

Jan 10, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #7,085 of 10,747
cheers guys
smily_headphones1.gif

just had my first truely magical experience with the 13's courtesy of Erykah Badu. If you have any inclination towards soul whatsoever I suggest you find some of her tracks (hell...even if you don't still do it!!)

"...& on" had tingles in my spine throughout, "next lifetime" brought me to tears. Its the pure subtely of them that blows me away (ironically), just how when you think and have been used to with other IEM's that the bass is gonna hit uncontrollably hard and all over the shop..it just subtely takes on such a tonal textured control that it doesn't need to hit hard to have impact. I would say the thing that sets these above all other IEM's I've listened to is the subtelty of just how good they really are.

I'm meant to be burning in and reviewing beta brainwavz, currently at 50hrs burn in and I listened to them to see if I could notice any difference...they sound absolute crud in comparison! haha yet before my 13's came I was kinda pleased with them

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #7,086 of 10,747
Quote:

The black one is designed to be a very dark translucent. A few people on here have it, but most notably hifidk (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6011966-post4413.html). He told JH to make them more dark than usual. I'm my instructions, I told them "70% opacity."

Just wanted to know is it me or does it have a dark blueish tint or is it just the way the picture was taken? They look amazing!

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #7,087 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JH13 is better in every respect than the k701 with the possible exception of soundstage. It's not even close.

Oh well, i will have to wait patiently until i have the funds, just after hearing everyone on here concuring that these thrash the pants of pretty good expensive full size cans and knowing to me how good my 702's sound i am chomping at the bit to hear the JH13's!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Mayhem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanted to know is it me or does it have a dark blueish tint or is it just the way the picture was taken? They look amazing!

Same here, wonder if that is a dark blue tint and what opacity it is at if so.
Totally dig that colour finish.

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #7,088 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh well, i will have to wait patiently until i have the funds, just after hearing everyone on here concuring that these thrash the pants of pretty good expensive full size cans and knowing to me how good my 702's sound i am chomping at the bit to hear the JH13's!

sell the 530's and IE8's to add to your funds and keep the Victors..or alternatively sell the victors also and get a pair of Klipsch X1's (S2's) from Amazon. Trust me, in comparison the 530's sound weak..I pretty much A/B's my old 530's and the demo 13's and then sold my 530's to fund my 13's since its absolutely pointless having a top end universal that would get zero use. My theory was cheap universal, expensive custom. I also sold off my Grado sr60i's and AKG K518LE's - cutting back and offloading most of my stuff was a brilliant idea. Though I have just gone and bought some JVC RX700's
ph34r.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #7,090 of 10,747
Hey guys,

What I tried to do was make that earpiece black. Because it was previously blue, it turned out like that. It looks great no doubt. Perhaps tell JH to make them dark blue, and lower the opacity.

I just checked in Photoshop, and that color under the Pantone color book is 532c, and #343540 on the color wheel.

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #7,091 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today, after three days listening with Jh13, I tried UE triple fi. It is so bad, keeping them just for listening while traveling to school.

it really puts it into perspective just how good the 13's are when you go back to any lesser IEM. Its going to be impossible for me to review the beta brainwavz after the 13's.

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #7,092 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it really puts it into perspective just how good the 13's are when you go back to any lesser IEM. Its going to be impossible for me to review the beta brainwavz after the 13's.

Man, you are making the anticipation even worse!! My impressions don't even get there until Tuesday, and I'm twitching!

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #7,093 of 10,747
Quote:

Man, you are making the anticipation even worse!! My impressions don't even get there until Tuesday, and I'm twitching!

ha! you'll have them soon enough, patience is a virtue and once you have them you've reached a plateau..it seems odd to say that £200-£300 IEM's are average sounding which of course they aren't but the 13's just take it to a whole new level

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #7,095 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sell the 530's and IE8's to add to your funds and keep the Victors..or alternatively sell the victors also and get a pair of Klipsch X1's (S2's) from Amazon. Trust me, in comparison the 530's sound weak..I pretty much A/B's my old 530's and the demo 13's and then sold my 530's to fund my 13's since its absolutely pointless having a top end universal that would get zero use. My theory was cheap universal, expensive custom. I also sold off my Grado sr60i's and AKG K518LE's - cutting back and offloading most of my stuff was a brilliant idea. Though I have just gone and bought some JVC RX700's
ph34r.gif

It is looking that way when the time comes if i am still struggling for the last £200-300 stint!
The fx500's i will be keeping as i swapped them with Honeyboy and they will be ideal for travel to work and bridging that gap between the departure of the Senn & Shure to JH13 when it happens.

I'm also starting to think will my 702's end up leaving the fold also if the JH13's are that good! I will hold on to them though until i get the 13's at least
smile.gif

Quote:

Hey guys,

What I tried to do was make that earpiece black. Because it was previously blue, it turned out like that. It looks great no doubt. Perhaps tell JH to make them dark blue, and lower the opacity.

I just checked in Photoshop, and that color under the Pantone color book is 532c, and #343540 on the color wheel.

Duly noted, Cheers Jajo and yes it does look great
smile.gif

Will also keep the pic you done for when the time comes can show JHA.
If it comes of i will have to call it the Jajo blue!
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back