JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jan 10, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #7,096 of 10,747
well all I'll say is if you get around to that demo @ HHA, it'll have you selling off your whole inventory trust me
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #7,097 of 10,747
Thanks Jajo, I was thinking about the 'Black Eye Blue' but looks like I am now settling with 'Jajo Blue'
smily_headphones1.gif
Really hope they can recreate that.

I have emailed Hand Held Audio this afternoon so with a bit of luck I can get the ball rolling on Monday to get my hands on a pair of these bad boys!

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #7,098 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Mayhem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Jajo, I was thinking about the 'Black Eye Blue' but looks like I am now settling with 'Jajo Blue'
smily_headphones1.gif

I have emailed Hand Held Audio this afternoon so with a bit of luck I can get the ball rolling on Monday to get my hands on a pair of these bad boys!

nice! best thing to do is mail Nick directly, his email is just nick(at)handheldaudio.co.uk
mention head-fi to nick at some point, I've done so, it would be nice to have HHA involvement in head-fi in some respect, they're also a UE dealer and do all the UE customs plus they have the triple.fi 10's for quite cheap. Nick is the director or MD or something like that

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #7,100 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice! best thing to do is mail Nick directly, his email is just nick(at)handheldaudio.co.uk

Thank you. Ill do that, and it was only after reading your posts that I decided to go through HHA, I was getting a little worried about finding a decent audiologist but this is just perfect as they seem to handle the whole process for you.
Did you mention that you were able to demo these at their shop?

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #7,101 of 10,747
Quote:

well all I'll say is if you get around to that demo @ HHA, it'll have you selling off your whole inventory trust me
wink.gif

That's why i am not going down to HHA until i am all set to go!
How good are the demo universal pair then to say my 530's & IE8's and how lesser are they in comparison now you have your custom version's in your loafs
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Mayhem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Good luck with your pair, I would of still been worryng about where to go for audioligist etc if it was not for Timmy recomending HHA was the UK dealer, which takes a bit of stress out of the ordering process by the sounds of it.
I briefly talked to Nick last week with some Q's for when the time arrives for my lucky day and seemd a pleasant chap to talk to and just made me reasurred just the way he talked about getting impressions done and stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha Jajo Blue. I like it! I was thinking of just going strictly the black route, but now I think I'm obligated to get Jajo Blue!

Show us how they look if you do go that route when you recieve them Mr.Jajo Blue
wink_face.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #7,102 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why i am not going down to HHA until i am all set to go!
How good are the demo universal pair then to say my 530's & IE8's and how lesser are they in comparison now you have your custom version's in your loafs
wink_face.gif

the demo units are still killers I wouldn't say the difference is huge. From memory the biggest difference is in soundstage, the demo units had greater width but less depth (which one assumes this is down to the depth of insertion on the demo units being less)

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #7,103 of 10,747
Quote:

the demo units are still killers I wouldn't say the difference is huge. From memory the biggest difference is in soundstage, the demo units had greater width but less depth (which one assumes this is down to the depth of insertion on the demo units being less)

Oh boy! I might just have to go to HHA one weekend soon to just convince myself with the demos so i can then have no remorse in deciding to offload some excess baggage!

Cheers Timmy
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #7,104 of 10,747
they're only open during the week
frown.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #7,105 of 10,747
Quote:

they're only open during the week
frown.gif

Yeah, just realised that! darn.
Will be worth a days holiday
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #7,106 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, just realised that! darn.
Will be worth a days holiday
biggrin.gif

yea I took a half day to dem the universals and half day to dem the JH IEM's.
Ask them if you can demo the universals as well
wink.gif
or just listen to them..you get put in a room with some shelves with all the universals on, W3's, UM3X's, triple 10's etc.

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #7,107 of 10,747
yeah these things make me not able to listen to any of my other headphones. Which makes it really inconvenient when i had to send them in for the refit lol havent listened to a headphone since. My a900's which i used to love, sound like total crap, and they're 200 dollar closed cans.

i just wonder how the jh13's compare to like the qualia's/r10's/omega mkII's...

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #7,109 of 10,747
I listened to my 13's, thought I heard an anomoly with the sound (listening to McFearless by KoL a guitar distincley plays down one channel only and I thought it was the left but I was hearing it down the right..turns out it is down the right I just have a bad memory..that or I had my grados on back to front) so I put on my PortaPro's and then thought dayyyyyyymmm these sound awful!

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #7,110 of 10,747
Quote:

yea I took a half day to dem the universals and half day to dem the JH IEM's.
Ask them if you can demo the universals as well
wink.gif
or just listen to them..you get put in a room with some shelves with all the universals on, W3's, UM3X's, triple 10's etc.

I will do that, as i guess i will never get another chance to listen to them all ever again, not in one place anyhow, as i was toying with the W3's before i discovered the JH's so at least i will hear the difference between all of them vs the JH demo's.

Do you have to supply your own tip's?
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back