JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 10, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #6,511 of 10,743
I was lucky enough to get a perfect fit with mine, however something was off with the sound so I had to send them back
frown.gif

I tell you what though, it's easy to pinpoint problems on normal IEM's with 3 or less drivers, but with 6 it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Only reason I knew I wasn't going crazy or deaf was when I was watching tv with these and people on the right side of the screen were talking mostly in my left ear like they were pulling some crazy voodoo trick on me
biggrin.gif

Oh well, if they sound this good unaligned I can't wait to hear them when they're fixed.
Guess I'll sit in the waiting room with the rest of you guys.

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #6,512 of 10,743
gonna type out my e-mail to Nick@HHA in a minute to place my order
biggrin.gif
oooaarr gonna be hardest x weeks of my life waiting for them
very_evil_smiley.gif
sold off my 530's today, so now I have just my S2's for company..I guess they will have to do for now
frown.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #6,513 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I push in near the connectors (finger is always on the acryllic flat part of the item though) towards the ear. This I believe pulls the inner part a little bit outwards.. probably just angles it differently. In any case, the seal remains but the comfort is drastically different.

ah,thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this method appears to lower the bass/seal for me... and not do much in the way of comfort.

Oh well, they are in the mail now, on their way for a refit. fingers crossed.

Dec 11, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #6,514 of 10,743
I've done some more listening, and I need some positive reinforcement. :/

I'm just not getting anywhere near the level detail and clarity that I do with the ER-4S. For snare drums, violins, guitars, piano, vocals, switching from the 13s to the Etys is a revelation. (And no, I'm not trolling!)

Soundstage is highly compressed, and they aren't nearly as transparent. It's a very veiled sound -- they remind me of the E5c.

I tried a few sources, a ton of different music, and it's constant.

This wasn't exactly the picture I got from a couple of people who own both, so this has to be a fit issue, right? Right?

Edit: Also, they just give me a headache after a while. They feel like they're constantly being sucked into my ears. Can't be right, can it?

Dec 11, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #6,515 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spankypoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm just not getting anywhere near the level detail and clarity that I do with the ER-4S. For snare drums, violins, guitars, piano, vocals, switching from the 13s to the Etys is a revelation. (And no, I'm not trolling!)

Soundstage is highly compressed, and they aren't nearly as transparent. It's a very veiled sound -- they remind me of the E5c.

This wasn't exactly the picture I got from a couple of people who own both, so this has to be a fit issue, right? Right?

Edit: Also, they just give me a headache after a while. They feel like they're constantly being sucked into my ears. Can't be right, can it?

I don't have the ER4S but I have a pair of K1000 and I'm not getting anything remotely close to what you described when I compare the JH13 to the K1000. Unless of course the ER4S supersedes the K1000 which I doubt. Does that help?
L3000.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #6,516 of 10,743
I was going to bust out my ER4S, compare the two, and respond until I discovered that sitting around for fourty days probably wasn't the best thing for my Ety tri-flanges after coming out of my ears. They needed some rinsing and now they're drying which is going to take a while. Anyway, once I got my JH13s those fourty days ago I haven't gone back. I guess that's a response of its own.

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #6,517 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have the ER4S but I have a pair of K1000 and I'm not getting anything remotely close to what you described when I compare the JH13 to the K1000. Unless of course the ER4S supersedes the K1000 which I doubt. Does that help?
L3000.gif

I always enjoy a good game of deduction! Anyone up for Clue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was going to bust out my ER4S, compare the two, and respond until I discovered that sitting around for fourty days probably wasn't the best thing for my Ety tri-flanges after coming out of my ears. They needed some rinsing and now they're drying which is going to take a while. Anyway, once I got my JH13s those fourty days ago I haven't gone back. I guess that's a response of its own.

I'm using mine with foamies, FWIW. But either way, I'm pretty sure I need to just give 'em a ring and get it sorted out with a refit.

And thanks for going to the trouble of getting 'em out for a listen.

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #6,518 of 10,743
Crisis averted after I let the ER4S sit near a heat source for an hour.

I did come across something I definitely didn't miss in the switch from the ER4S. THAT DAMNED MICROPHONIC CABLE. If you so much as look at it it'll send noise back to your ears, shirt clip or not!

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #6,519 of 10,743
Done! order placed
biggrin.gif

left shell is transparent triple blue with the following:
1260528078.jpg

with no background, just the ninja and headphones with original colours retained

right shell is transparent candy lime with the following:
1260528175.jpg

I can't WAIT! ^_^

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #6,520 of 10,743
Wow those are pretty complex~
Do they have that printer yet?

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #6,521 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow those are pretty complex~
Do they have that printer yet?

don't know, but Zac was cool with it so its all good
icon14.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #6,522 of 10,743
Nice artwork, very original!

I went for a stealth look, translucent black with no artwork. Should get them today according to UPS, I'm pretty excited.
cool.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #6,524 of 10,743
Hi all,
just got today my JH-13, so far so good. No wow effect I must say.

I have a little problem with the volume. My setup is: laptop -> Wavetermina U24-> Lavry DA10-> JH-13. The impedance of JH-13 is so low that I must cranck the volume knob of DA10 to the minimum ( 1) and the volume in foobar at -39db which is not optimum, because software control of volume loses bits.

Any idea how to drive the JH-13 with the volume knob of DA10 wihout touching volume bar at foobar?. Thanks.

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #6,525 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spankypoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried releasing the pressure on your seal to see if that changes the sound? I have found that some of the sonic issues you describe happen to me when i have too much of a suction effect going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back